Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 07-11-2004, 05:43 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Alright guys well it's 0741 and I'm awake and watching the pre-race show. This is gonna be a great race 14:29 till the cars roll off, I CAN'T WAIT!!!!

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 07-11-2004, 06:02 AM

ROLLOFF!!!! The cars just rolled off... On the cruising lap.... Less than a minuite to the best thing in Formula-1, The START!!!

** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 07-11-2004, 07:40 AM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Well Michael won again...

At least Raikkonen split the two Ferrari's on the podium. I'm also a bit dissapointed that Alonso finished tenth, but he made the best of an unlucky day.

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 07-11-2004, 01:28 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Silverstone

Did you notice the comment about the McLaren's SUSPENSION?
How smooth it was over the bumps? Maybe they have matched their tires to the suspension like Ferrari has. Now they need more ...and dependable....power. Did you see how Michael pulled away from Kimi on the straights?

Give the McLaren some additional development time and things will get interesting up front. I was hoping Button would fininsh on the podium....

Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 07-11-2004, 02:22 PM

For those of you who watched the qualifying, was it my imagination or did you notice too the smile/look that Jean Todt had when the front 4 positions were locked up. I swear he knew Kimi/Jensen had to do three stops and Michael was on two, so barring the accidental Michael was sure of another win.

IMHO, It will be a long time before a team like Michael has assembled around him reappears - love or hate Ferrari - his team has it all (and did @ Benetton too). I'd bet a few bucks that with his team he'd be on the podium if he drove a Williams, McLaren, BAR, or Renault (the Minardi's might be too much of a stretch).
Old 07-11-2004, 04:36 PM

I didn't want to post who won this morning just incase some people were waiting to catch the re-run at 9:00pm tonight. But yea, Ferrari won... That was one terrible crash that Truli had!! I think I'm gonna watch it again... The only thing I didn't really like was the camera view on the start of the race... I prefer a dead on view where ya can see the exhaust pouring out above the cars. Then the cars come right at ya... That is my favorite view...

Old 07-11-2004, 06:36 PM
Ain't it the truth?

I think you are absolutely correct Lee. Michael would be doing similarly with any of the top teams. Maybe not as consistantly....we must give credit to that magnificent car....but lets not forget that Michael was winning with Beneton....beating Senna...long before he went to Ferrari. Ferrari is riding one of those great waves that happen occasionally in sports; the superior car and the superior driver. How long has it been since
those cars suffered a mechanical breakdown? Think of them as Rolex watches.... that turn 18,000 rpm.

Having said that, I think we may be seeing McLaren FINALLY rising to the occasion. Kimi has the POTENTIAL to be the next superstar after Michael, but someone needs to coach to lad to
improve one part of his game.....

LEARN TO SMILE KIMI !!!! Heavens, you just came in 2nd after a miserable first half of the season. He briefly cracked a smile when Michael patted him on the shoulder....and then went back to THE GREAT STONE FACE.

Does anyone enjoy winning....each and every win, even after 80 of them (!)....and show it more than Michael?

Don

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"
Old 07-12-2004, 07:59 AM

Heheheh, that's very true... He didn't look like he was very excited to be up there on the podium. Micheal though, he is really happy every single time that he gets up there... Ya'd think that it would be getting kinda old now... Nope, not yet So he's won every race this year except Monaco... Hmmmm, Which is next?? Brazil?...

Old 07-12-2004, 08:28 AM

Thumbs up

I agree about the Kimi thing...that kid needs to lighten up a bit. He'd probably get a lot more sponsors if he was more marketable like Michael, Ralf, Juan Pablo, etc.

But one things for sure, that kid has talent!

-Chike

Old 07-12-2004, 02:04 PM

I can't wait to see the next race!!! I'm already stocking up on all the McLaren items I can find Just check out the ebay auctions for anything with "F1" in the title and 1 outta 9 times you'll probably see me bidding on it

Old 07-13-2004, 12:19 PM
Certified Porschephile

I still think Porsche should find a way to get into F1. Anyone else agree?
Old 07-13-2004, 12:34 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX
They seem to have decided that sports car racing fits their marketing strategy better.

And, given their profitability over the past few years, I'm inclined to agree.

The problem in F1 right now is that there's little difference between the cars. Granted, they're all built by different people - but the rules restrict them to a very specific kind of car. Renault at least had their wide-angle V10, but even they abandoned that.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 07-13-2004, 08:58 PM

I concur! However, what Mr. Pockets said is too true. Porsche is focusing their efforts on GT racing which better fits into their marketing strategy.

The thing about Porsche, is that they went nearly bankrupt in the early nineties due to all the cheap, high performance cars that flooded the world market from Japan. As a result, their upper management is very conservative about spending big money by entering F1.

It would be nice to see them produce a car and field a team in the future! With that new V10 in the Carrera GT, it could soon 'fit into their marketing strategy.'

-Chike
Quote:
Originally posted by PA_SVX

Last edited by Chiketkd; 07-13-2004 at 09:00 PM.
Old 07-14-2004, 07:06 AM
Ain't it the truth?

Porsche

.....OR they could see that Mercedes and BMW are not exactly
getting a high return on their F1 dollar at the moment, AND Toyota is getting better, AND here comes Honda again, AND THEN
there are those bright red machines from another planet to contend with.

Naaaaaaa....

Let Audi (and Bentley) have some more fun at LeMans for another year and then go back to THAT vinue and mop up.
(If they can....those Audi's are awesome!)
Porsche's history is sports car racing, and that means LeMans!
Wasn't the new 10 cylinder GT based on a LeMans project that was shelved after a rule change?

(PS Lived out a bit of my sports car fantasy last year when I drove a Carrera 4. Anyone got a Ferrari I can borrow for a few minutes?)

Don

Old 07-14-2004, 07:37 AM

I've wanted to see Porsche in F1 forever!!! I still want a Boxer engine to be perfected for F1... It really sucks that Subaru kinda bombed out in thier attempt at F1... Wish they'd give it another try

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: