How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 05-24-2004, 10:00 AM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

Need Help Asap!!!

as i was driving today i noticed something i never heard before in my entire life......ive been told that when ur bearings go bad there is a loud roar that gets progressivley louder as they get worse.....i took the car out this morning and had no problems...car ran like usual....usual sqealing from the brakes cuz i need new pads.....but as i was accelerating i hear this loud shreiking noise coming from the back of the car...primarily from the rear left.....it would last for a second and then go away....mostly happened when traveling uphill......im praying to God that it isnt the wheel bearings and that it is something else because i really dont have the money to pay for new bearings.....the noise sounds like the same squealing from my brakes but the noise occurs when i accelerate.....its really weird...this is the first time i am ever hearing this too....im not gonna take the car out again...next stop is to the mechanic...but i have no clue whats wrong and am praying its not the bearings......if it is the bearings how much does it cost to replace them?...and can any mechanic do it or should i take it to Subaru?....and would Subaru charge more?.....i need help ASAP
Old 05-24-2004, 10:14 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

Well that does not sound like a wheel bearing from your description. I have not heard of bearing only making noise when accelerating. Turning a corner yes but accelerating no. You may want to check the fluid level in the rear diff. It might also be some worn rear suspension parts and brake pad noise. I do not know for sure.
Old 05-24-2004, 06:09 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

ok guys problem sovled......the rear left pad was veryyy low so i changed both of the back pads and no more squealing.....but i now have to take the car back because whenever i hit a pothole or bump the left front wheel feels loose and make noise....so im assuming they didnt put the tire on right......when i have my foot on the rest pedal it literally feels like the wheel is hitting my foot.....paid 89 for the pads...not too bad of a deal