Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 11-12-2003, 11:31 PM

60 km w petrol light on?

If i recall correctly, on sat night blake said that svx can go for around 60ks with the petrol light on.

Today this has proven not to be the case. Since i got it back from service 2 weeks ago i thought the dial had looked like it dipped lower before the light came on than previously. Must have been right because the light had been on for 10 ks this afternoon and when i was about to park it died. Walked to petrol station.....(car was facing wrong way- kind of expecting a fine too jerry can....woohoo.

Put 4 litres in & took about 10 goes to start. Is that normal if its fully empty or dou reckon its trannnnnsmission?

Have had a very dramatic car day because i started out in my sisters gem and the brakes went to the floor in peak hr traffic & car started rolling forward. being the panicky driver that i tend to be when things go wrong i turned into a side street and called mum who came to my rescue with the dog and drove me to uni (final exam!). Then when i got home she was vacuming glass off her wagon- she had taken the dog to the park on her way home and reversed into a tree branch which went through the back window.
Its the 13th today & prob should be friday
Old 11-13-2003, 04:21 AM

60 km w petrol light on?

Hi Moshols vx,

The light on mine tends to come on when there is somewhere between 10 & 15 litres left in the tank, so we would expext it to do an easy 60Km's with that.

Anytime you run dry it's a good idea to just turn on the ignition for ten seconds or so before starting, give the fuel pump a chance to get the fuel up to the engine. Should try to avoid running out of or running low on fuel. Not really good for keeping the fuel lines clean.

Don't forget that when your brakes go that you can still use your hand brake, (if its working)

Know what you mean about the 13th and Friday, had one of those days

Regards
Kenn

Last edited by KennEls; 11-13-2003 at 04:23 AM.
Old 11-13-2003, 05:32 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Oh no! We can't trust that pesky Blake!!

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: