Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 11-09-2003, 02:51 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Bowral Cruise - 30 November 2003

Ok, tentative details for those who are interested

Sunday November 30 2003;
Depart: 9.30am from the Crossroads Hotel, Liverpool (just where the Hume highway starts) - for those in various areas of Sydney, we can organise sub-meets to get there but that is the 'central, I am lost, gotta get there quick' departure point;
Down through Campbelltown, Narellan and the Remembrance Drive
Pop out onto the Hume about 20km from Berrima
Breakfast/morning tea at Berrima (likely that Martin Frosh will meet up with us there - he now lives in Fitzroy Falls)
Then from Berrima we travel to the Illawarra Highway, then off through a national park (windy roads) and emerge just before Kiama - now - depending on what people want to do we can go to Kiama and get some takeaway etc or then loop north, back along a different section of highway then back through the Macquarie Pass (more windy bits), back through Robertson and into Bowral - grab a bite to eat, more photos and then back to Sydney via freeway (cruise control and relax!)

All in all, would be around 200km round trip and take about 5 hours - lots of nice scenery and nothing too taxing (that said, if people are inclined to fry transmissions on the Macqurie Pass "Pikes Peak Hillclimb" then the option is there!!

For those who are not on here, I will be sending around an email.

We will also likely have another SVX coming along that will be coming down from the back of wupp wupp (about 3 hours away) and he is keen to see other SVX's (as we all are!)

How does this date suit people? If people are able to advise ASAP I will most likely stick an ad in the SMH 'Drive' saying "SVX Breakfast Run" or some such title - Martin put an ad in for the BBQ last year and we had 8 SVX's turn up, one of which I had never seen before.

Any thoughts?

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 11-09-2003, 06:28 PM

Oh, I have been here with another car club - nice grounds, good for photos - we can do the whole 'tea and scones' thing before thrashing the hell out of....ahem...before gently driving along on our merry way

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 11-11-2003, 12:44 AM
Kienan

Count me in

My mates and i where going to go up to qld around that date, but dont think we are going now. So if we arent going i will be there.

Sounds like an awesome day.
Old 11-11-2003, 12:52 AM

Kienan, great to hear that you will be there - good also that you have the Targa Tasmania car to bring along (a little bit of history!)

BTW, I emailed John Grieg re trying to perhaps organise a quick chat with him to get his impressions of campaigning the SVX in the Targa with a view to writing an article for here (or the website) - not many SVX's do something like that so his insight would be invaluable!!

Have not heard back from him though

See you on 30/11/03 - I wonder if Chris (yellow SVX) will be able to make it - rare rare car (and yellow to boot!)

James

Old 11-11-2003, 04:42 PM

List so far...

Ok, here is who is coming so far (in year of car order)

James (1992)
Blake (1992)
Arthur (1992)
Martin (1992 - meeting us there)
Kienan (1992)
Troy (1992 - possibly)
Gordon (1992 - possibly)
Ian (1992 - driving from northern NSW, not a member on here)
Paul (1992 possibly - saw a post of his on Yahoo looking for clubs and drive days - sent him an email)
Michelle (1995)

There are a few others that may come out of the woodwork but will see how it goes - was thinking of putting an ad in the Saturday SMH - what do people think??

Old 11-11-2003, 06:47 PM

The other green 1

Hey James

Did you say before that the other green subaru like mine was for sale in sydney? I'm pretty sure it still belongs a dad in my brothers year at school- will give brad the details for meet to give to him.

An ad in sat smh is a good idea- wish i didn't miss it last time though
Moshol
Old 11-11-2003, 06:59 PM

Hi

There were two green ones. One was a car that was owned by a fellow at Silicon Graphics, who traded it into Tom Kerr Subaru who then wholesaled it to Lidcome Auction Centre who had it for sale at $16,500 - was then bought by a lady who tried to sell it a few months later for $28,000 (!!! cue sniggers from stage left....the market is too small to try something like that!) Don't know what happened to that one.

The other was owned by a fellow who has a pizza shop in Mt Colah - its rego is 'SVX 000' and it has roof racks - was for sale about 3 months ago but don't know if it sold.

There are hardly any green SVX's so Brad may well know his son - I think the owners name is Nick.

James

Old 11-11-2003, 08:38 PM

Racks

hollo

Can't imagine roof racks- do they go from passenger door to passenger door with the sun-roof in between or from front to back along the side (i guess the sun-roof would still be in between)? I'm sure these are not the usual terms of reference for roof racks!

If you had racks u would probabley be scared to put anything on them for fear of scratches as these would show up heaps when the roof is up. A surfboard would look kind of good though. Racks could contribute to the sporty look.......
moshol
Old 11-13-2003, 12:13 AM
Kienan

James i tried to email John not long back, but also did not get a reply. It seems like he has gone into hiding.
I will endeaver to try and get dad to give him a ring.

Also James what is your number, i had my mobile stolen a couple of weeks ago with all my numbers.

Kienan
Old 11-13-2003, 05:23 AM

Hi

That would be great - his thoughts and comments would be excellent!

My number is 0418224892 - you will have to send us your new number

James

Old 11-19-2003, 04:23 AM

Bowral Cruise - 30 November 2003

I've been told by the local Subaru dealer that there are now 5 SVXs in Canberra - my recently acquired Silver/Grey '92 being the 5th. I've only ever seen 1 other SVX (Silver) in Canberra so I've no idea where the others hide out. Would love to join your cruise from Berrima on the 30th.

Reece
Old 11-19-2003, 04:56 AM

Hi Reece and welcome

There is another silver one in Canberra (has aftermarket rims) owned by Darin - he is on our email list (if you want, please send me an email and I will add you to it)

Do you know much of the history of your car???

Also, your dealer seems to be clued in - perhaps he/she may be able to get the other SVX'ers out of the woodwork!!

Would be great to have you along on the 30th - we are sending updates via the email list so drop us a line

Cheers

James

PS: I should have added that one of the only two Japanese 4WS SVX's now lives in the ACT - I was contacted by the new owner (a fellow from here in Sydney sold it to him) however, I lost his email address when my old PC crashed - it is black with red flecks and is readily identifiable through a) not having a sunroof and b) it has a high rear deck spoiler, not low slung like ours

Last edited by Jamsvx; 11-19-2003 at 05:00 AM.
Old 11-19-2003, 11:13 PM
MisanthropyV

I'll try and make it... If I'm not working I should be able to.

Looking forward to meeting you guys.

Paul Huthnance
Old 11-20-2003, 12:02 AM

Hi Paul

Hope you got my posts on the Yahoo board - glad to see you here

Newcastle eh....there are a few up that way, Kienan, a yellow SVX in Cococabana, a red one with MJF plates...

By any chance is yours silver??? If so, its not Rainor's car (SVX 010) plates?

There's only 96 presently on the road in NSW and only just over 200 sold from 92-97 so we try and keep track of them

I'll add you to the email list about the run - would be great to have you there

Cheers

James

PS: I presume you are putting aftermarket rims on??? If so, have you chosen them yet?

Old 11-20-2003, 04:02 AM
MisanthropyV

yes James. I'm running 17" ROH Blades under the lady. Looks really good on the highway apparently.

My SVX is maroon with a black boot, spoiler, and roof. Number plate YET-194.

I haven't seen that many SVXs up this way. The only one I can recall flying past was black or dark green or blue (night time) and was fortunate enough to have the plate number 'SVX' .

He/she was heading north though, so I'm not sure it's from the area. Some friends of mine claim there is a white one rolling around Newcastle, and one identical to mine except for the wheels in Muswellbrook.

I'll post some pics of the lady when I can borrow a camera of my mate... shouldn't be long.

Catch you soon

Paul Huthnance

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: