Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 07-15-2003, 06:55 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Unique Cars - September 2003

I have been told that the Used Car Buyer's Guide featuring the SVX will be in the next edition (September 2003) of Unique Cars.

The photographer took photos of mine around Sydney Harbour (the least that I can do since the magazine has a free club listing for our little gang) and had a chat with the fellow who is writing the actual article last night.

Hopefully it will all come out okay but in any event, it will boost awareness of our cars and also, of our club/gathering/band/site so some other SVX'ers should come out of the woodwork

He did not know that a yellow one was released in Australia (Chris, you HAVE to upload some piccies if you are reading this!) and I said how there were a few twin turbo 5 speeds driving around but they cost $200,000 new and ran on molten gold

Make sure you buy an edition when it comes out!

James

*still not heard back from Qld guy re 26/7/03 so no idea what it happening - tempted just to organise a run and see who comes along*

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 07-16-2003, 06:26 AM
SVX- Best kept secret...

The article and spread for Unique Cars sounds good James. Will keep an eye out, but no doubt you will let everyone know when it is released.
I am still keen on a run around the Blue Mtns, perhaps via Bells Line to Lithgow or Mount Vic and return via Penrith etc. Just a thought.
I will need a little bit of notice if it is a goer- you know, 'family stuff'.

And speaking of family stuff, my wifes Discovery is in the shop currently- and if you think it is only SVXs that cost a bit to keep on the road, then consider this: a 5 speed gearbox for the Disco, wheel bearings, new springs and shocks, clutch master cylinder and a couple of other minor problems. Feeling ill- must rest now..

I will be spending some quality time with the accountant working out how to keep it on the damn road. AAAAARRRGGGHHH
Old 07-16-2003, 08:06 AM
Network Design Administrator

Think there is anyway we could arrange for you to pick me up a copy? I would gladly pay for all shipping and purchase costs.

Let me know!!
-1993 Subaru SVX LS-L, Barcelona Red, #46, 160,000+ Miles (Sold to SomethingElse)
-2011 Toyota Sienna SE, Black, 30,000+ Miles (Swagger Wagon )
-2002 BMW R 1150R ABS, Black, 26,000+ Miles (Daily Driver )
SVX Owner from February 1997 to March 2008
SVX Online Community Member since February 1998
SVX World Network Member since February 2002, Member #520

Life is a game. Play to win.
The world belongs to those who can laugh at it.
Old 07-16-2003, 02:58 PM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

I'm in

James its the Qld guy, I've now joined in....
I will be in Sydney next week but on a training course for the week, but sans SVX, travelling via Virgin instead, but I should be let loose after dark, I will be motelling in Thornleigh. unfortunately I'll be flying back early Sat week, but I'd still like to meet up anyway if convenient so I can at least check out your SVX, ask ?I've got your contact details etc..

While I'm here though are there active members in BrisVegas, do you know of any good SVX shops up here to do stuff etc

Old 07-16-2003, 03:20 PM
ex SVX owner - still keen tho

Smile Alycone/ SVX Decal/Wheel Radio controls ?

I look forward to seeing the article

What are the origins of Alycone name ..is it like Honda / Acura Toyota / Lexus

Is there anyone locally in Oz that can supply the SVX decal the sits next to the rear wheel.

I noticed the Japanese and I think English models had radio/CD controls on the steering wheel, can this be done for the Aust. model with dual bags....

Gee I'm gettin into this ...I'm going to have get a digital camera to get some photos happening ... so I can be right up to speed

David
Old 07-16-2003, 05:04 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Hi David and welcome

Virgin...whats going on!!!

If you want, we can perhaps organise a pizza/etc get together mid-week around the area - we had one at Marsfield (about 20 mins away) that Pylon500 organised a few weeks back so perhaps that may be worth a shot?? Some of the others may be in too??? *I'll pick you up and drop you back to your motel if you don't have a hire car*

RSVX - not a problem - I'll pm you with the details when it comes out

Amuse, who is on here, is also Brissy based and has a white/black SVX so he may be worth a shot

I think the decals are available on ebay (just don't do what I saw on another green SVX - he/she stuck Nissan GT badges on the front fender!! )

I think the Japanese radio/steering wheel controls was only on the early ones but I may be wrong - Paddlesnz (if he's reading this) may be able to shed some light on it - I had thought about retrofitting it at a later later date when my wheel eventually needs replacing (which, at present useage rates, should be about 2045) but not sure how it would intergrate into the wiring harness and all that confusing doo-hickey stuff

So.......anyone up for a mid-week pizza gathering to meet up with David?? What nights are convenient???

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 07-17-2003, 10:03 AM
the Flying Member

Send a message via AIM to pylon500 Send a message via Yahoo to pylon500 Send a message via Skype™ to pylon500
G'Day James, grnSVX96/7,
I'll be at the restuarant Tuesday as usual, just a bit later as I'll be seeing TERMINATOR 3 first
Or I could be available at a better time on Wednesday maybe.
Still hope to join some runs, but my weekends are getting even more crowded with extra students and repairs to damaged aeroplanes
Arthur.
'04 Liberty B Spec 3.0R wagon-Silver
'02 Outback 2.5 wagon-White For Sale

I Don't Drive Fast, I Just Fly Low!!
I've moved to Taree , check out my progress at Picasaweb.

That's a 'V' in SVX dammit!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: