Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 05-23-2003, 01:37 AM
TonyShaleUK

August 2003 meet

Quick update,

Joe has kindly dug out the e-mail addresses from last year, so I will do an APB over the weekend. We really need to start suggesting dates so that we can get some commitment to venues.

I am in the UK for a few days over the next week, so will start getting events lined up seriously.

So far I have had responses from 2 of 8 venues that I have e-mailed.

The Motor Heritage Centre - they will host a meet in front of their excellent museum any weekend. Loads of good exhibits, Land Rover test tracks, childrens entertainment, go carts etc. I have the paperwork - £6 per person includes parking up as a group (£2 discount on normal entry). www.heritage-motor-centre.co.uk
for your info

The Town and Country Festival - this is an August Bank Holiday family event. Huge showground in the countryside near Stratford. This is a great day out - furniture, outdoor pursuits, craft and clothes stores, grand ring for events, lots of car clubs attend, food halls etc. You name it, it's there. First contact says that they provide a cordoned off area for cars to park up as an 'exhibit' and this is free of charge. I will contact again to see whether they have space available. I'll get the email address so that you can see this.

So, over to you - get those dates coming in - either on this forum or on my e-mail - and preferences for the events. I will get some more venue possibilities over the next few days and keep you 'posted' - groan!

Tony
Old 05-26-2003, 01:35 PM
TonyShaleUK

August meet update

Been to Kenilworth Castle. Met the manager. He will let us into the castle for a shoot, subject to no other event being on at the time. I expect that we will have to pay an entrance fee, but that will give us access to the castle anyway - and it is a good one to look around, including the gardens.

Just need to agree the dates now, so get your preferences in soon......
Old 06-02-2003, 06:44 AM
TonyShaleUK

Exclamation Is there anybody there....???

I have venues available for a Sat and Sun meet, but no one seemingly interested! I've had 3 response, can make August, 1 can't. Need to get dates in diaries if we want the venues available.
Old 06-02-2003, 07:30 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
I take it that you have me as a 'yes'?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954
Old 06-02-2003, 09:13 PM

Hey guys and gals

If I am back in the UK I'll be there, and if I'm not I guess Angie will be there on her own.

Either of the locations, any of the dates. Keep us posted.

Phil.
Old 06-03-2003, 02:11 AM
Phil & Belha

We'll be there

We passed your area on the M40 at the weekend and saw the signs for the castle and the motor museum. It's only about an hour away from us.

P&B.
Old 06-08-2003, 03:51 AM
TonyShaleUK

August in Warwickshire

Latest update - we have had 7 responses so far. I have e-mailed everyone from last year and the meet is also being publicised on the Yahoo site. These are the attendees to date:

Me
Phil & Belha
Phil & Angie
Andy & entourage
Arthur Monks
Joe (possible)

Most can make any weekend.

I will be away again this week, but will look to finalise dates and venues next weekend. I think that we should avoid August Bank Holiday, as this is always a nightmare for travelling.

I am aiming to set up both the Heritage Museum and Kenilworth Castle as the 2 key venues. How about a Thai restaurant in Stratford that is on the edge of the River Avon - very nice place, great food etc - for the Saturday evening get together?

Can you prompt anyone else that you meet/mail etc to respond either to the websites or my email address.
Old 06-08-2003, 04:36 AM

Send a message via Skype™ to Andy
CHRISSVXUK has told me that he hopes to join us too.

Looks like we should have good numbers for our meet.

Due to my travelling constraints, I would appreciate any advice on accomodation in the area. Holiday parks etc prefered as we will have the sprogs to entertain for a couple of weeks

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

If I would be a young man again and had to decide how to make my living, I
would not try to become a scientist or scholar or teacher. I would rather
choose to be a plumber or a peddler in the hope to find that modest degree
of independence still available under present circumstances.
-- Albert Einstein, The Reporter, November 18 1954

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: