Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-01-2003, 04:41 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Nice!

When mine dies I want to put in either a Macintosh or a Nakamichi deck, one amp and some brilliant speakers - just clarity of sound! A friend has a deck in his car that cost a mint but on start up it looks like something out of Tron meets Bladerunner...and so distracting at night!

I am not sure who will be installing but there is a brilliant installation guide that someone on here wrote...the link is on my old PC and I don't have it with me but it should come up on ...there are some essential tips and hints on it since I am told that the radio/cd was installed THEN the surrounding trim etc....a devil of a time to get it out!

One of the owners in Sydney had his done...the installer told him, when he had finished "I am never touching an SVX again!"

Anyways, the install guide may be a help to whoever is installing it!

Gosford is a nice drive from here so we should try and organise a meetup!

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 05-01-2003, 08:46 PM
Countess

Mmmm triple quadrophonic sound *grin*

hehehe Clarity of sound is great. I think I will need to eventually replace the speakers, they are not too crash hot atm.

I used to have a Kenwood mp3 player than cycled through different colours, that was distracting enough without being Tron-like !!!

I read that installation thing. I used to have a Liberty sedan. That was about the same, had to pull out the centre console, then the handbrake, then the ashtray, then the fascia, then could get to the radio unit. Maybe it is a Subaru thing *grin*

*goes off to post a message in wanted forum*
Old 05-02-2003, 01:28 AM

Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to Countess
And to her black SVX too!

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 05-02-2003, 02:12 AM
Countess

Cool

ROFL bwahahhahaha I almost fell off my chair, That was GREAT !!!!

Thank you !!! *tosses you a hug*

I am all of 907 now ... gettin old ...

Old 05-04-2003, 10:43 PM
Countess

Unhappy Can anyone top this? I owned her for 21 days ... RIP

Well, I certainly know how to solve a problem ... Who says I need a new radiator?

You just get someone to run up the arse of your car doing 60-70 km/h when you are stopped to turn - and have it written off ... Might have a sore back, neck, shoulders and bruised legs for a couple of days.

On a good note, the Pioneer I had put in on Saturday can be de-installed on Wednesday and wait in it's box for my new car *sob*

Mental Note : Leather seats ... you slide very easily into the dash in a rear-ender accident ...

*waitis an interminably long time for the insurance*

Anyone know where I can get another SVX in OZ ???

http://users.bigpond.net.au/countess/svx.html
Old 05-05-2003, 01:57 AM

&^%&^%!!!

I am SOOOOO sorry to see what has happened and your poor SVX....rest assured that I would be introducing the other driver to a very close up view of the SVX centre emblem on the now-detached rear section!

The main thing - you are ok, also, you have insurance.

Will they let you buy the wreck??? The front and cabin look fine and if you plan on getting another SVX and keeping it long term, it will be a good source of what are sometimes expensive parts. Some of our US friends have done that.

The other thing - keep a record of the VIN and engine number so that it can't be ahem....reborn...if you decided to not buy the wreck.

There are SVX's for sale, of that there is no doubt, but it seems of late that since they were not moving, ie..sitting in the classified for months, they have been taken off the market. That said, there are still dreamers trying to sell a 1992 with 240,000km for $28,000!!!

I'm shocked and sorry to hear your loss

James

Old 05-05-2003, 05:01 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Re: Can anyone top this? I owned her for 21 days ... RIP

Quote:
Originally posted by Countess
Well, I certainly know how to solve a problem ... Who says I need a new radiator?

You just get someone to run up the arse of your car doing 60-70 km/h when you are stopped to turn - and have it written off ... Might have a sore back, neck, shoulders and bruised legs for a couple of days.

On a good note, the Pioneer I had put in on Saturday can be de-installed on Wednesday and wait in it's box for my new car *sob*

Mental Note : Leather seats ... you slide very easily into the dash in a rear-ender accident ...

*waitis an interminably long time for the insurance*

Anyone know where I can get another SVX in OZ ???

http://users.bigpond.net.au/countess/svx.html
Tessie

Real sorry to hear your news. The advice from James is good. You may be able to buy the wreck cheap for parts, handy when you may get another car, and particularly as your dad has one. Get him to partner on the deal.

Glad you are OK, rear enders can give serious whiplash problems. At least they do over here, but as James can confirm, it is partially psychosomatic, directly related in severity to the size of the insurance claim.

If you cast a wide enough net, you will get another car. One with a dayglo orange rear end would be good in your neck of the woods.

Keep well

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 05-05-2003, 02:29 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
ewww...I just saw the pics

I hope you feel better soon. Get a massage!

On a related note, who actually adjusts their headrest forward?
Old 05-05-2003, 07:12 PM
Countess

Yes, I always thought those claims were psychosomatic, but the way I feel today, I do not know anymore, I have muscles in places I never knew they existed.

I am working on the buying the wreck thing. If I go through my insurance, it goes to auction. If I go through their insurance, I get the wreck, and my new stereo (which I lose on my insurance so it seems) and cheque for the market value, less the value of the wreck.

Have to see what the assessor says about it on Thursday.

I have the VIN and engine number. Would you like them to keep track of ?? Hopefully my dad will get the wreck, tho. At the moment, I do not even want to own a car or ever drive again *sob* whish is a very sad state of affairs for me.

Massage will hurt toooooo much, too many bruises. Maybe in a few days ... Mmmmmmmmmm

I dunno, who does adjust them forwards? Mine was where-ever it was when I bought the car. Is about horizontal after the accident...

This orange ??? Bull-bars on all 4 sides of my car form now on!
Old 05-05-2003, 07:53 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink

At the moment, I do not even want to own a car or ever drive again *sob* whish is a very sad state of affairs for me.

I shared your present feelings with my 16 year old (in 1989) daughter.
As a high school grad present, we bought her a used '82 VW Scirocco (her dream car). After babying & detailing it, 30 days later, a car made a u-turn in front of her & she T-boned "Mr. Oops". No one hurt, but VW was declared unfit for human driving. Her exact words the night of the wreck, "I never want to drive again" (sob-sob)!!!
The car turned out to be drivable. I bought it from the insurance company & parked it beside my house with a cover over it. Two weeks later, we found another '82 Scirocco, & she forgot about the "I'll never drive again" refrain. She kept that 2nd Scirocco for 5 more years. The wrecked one donated an engine & lots of unboltable parts. After she bought another car, I wound up driving the VW on nice spring days for three more years. She's almost thirty now & hasn't had another accident since.
I hope all works out in your favor. Hopefully you've used up all your bad luck in one fell swoop.
Now, get busy healing yourself, & start SVX shopping!

Best wishes, Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 05-07-2003, 06:06 PM
Countess

Thanks !! Yeah, I keep going through phases of not wanting to own a car ever again, to wanting another SVX right now, even though I cannot drive atm, to wanting to buy a tank so no-one can hurt me again. I even had a thought of moving next door to work (the house next door is for sale) but, what if I wanna chuch a "sickie" ??? Can't have that !

My car is probably driveable, now that they reefed the metal off the back wheels *grin* I don't know why they would trash it *grin* It just has no boot ... Ooooooh.

I find out today if they will fix it, or scrap it. The smash repairers say scrap... I really hope they can fix it, but on the other hand, my dad (a car mechanic) says I don't want it back after what she has been through. I will have to wait and see.

I just got a model SVX and my DVD in the mail yesterday, that was a bit heart-wrenching. I cannot bear to put the DVD in the player. I will try and do that tonight when I have some support near-by.

And the little car is just gorgeous !!! I want to paint it, but it is so heavy I cannot lift it.

Old 05-07-2003, 07:00 PM

An SVX DVD??? *very curious!*

BTW, I sent you a PM

Cheers

James

Old 05-07-2003, 09:07 PM
Countess

Definitely to the scrap heap !!! The insurance assessor just rang...

He hit me so hard, the engine came out of it's mounts and dented the bonnet! Radiator is stuffed, not sure what else.

*sigh* The hunt for my new baby begins ...

Ooooooh Jamsvx ... a message, for lil ol me ??? YAY !!! Thank you! BTW I sent you one, too !
Old 05-07-2003, 11:39 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
I remember seeing a photo of an SVX (red I think) in a similar accident but at a higher speed. It had a child seat in the back that wasn't even harmed!
Old 05-08-2003, 12:02 AM
Countess

That is good, especially considering there could have been a baby in there !!!

Anyone in my back would have been fairly safe, except for my seat falling backward, and the glass that was spread from the back window, all the way to the opposite side in the front (and my hair). But, the backseat was not damaged at all, just all the boot.

I think it is a good reason to go another SVX. I have my boyfriend's old Daewoo Lanos to use until I get a new car, but I will not feel safe in that at all. It is a tin can on wheels. He got a new Mitsubishi Lancer, it is a damn fine car for $20,000 !!!