Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-22-2003, 03:35 AM
gcookaustin

Transmission trouble, and filing a claim with my warranty company

I think my transmission is starting to fail:

If I floor it while the car is already moving (with RPMs greater than 1.5K or so), then everything is fine.
If I accelerate moderately or heavy from a standing stop, either in first gear or in 2nd with the manual button pushed, the engine revs up a little and the car feels like it's sorta connected to the power then the torque converter lurches or whatever and the car will go (and peel out if roads are wet)
If I start from the top of a hill, and put it into 1st and just let it coast down the hill, I have no engine braking at all. I could be coasting 30 mph in 1st gear, with the engine idling.

I have called my warranty company to see what to do; they say to take it to a shop and have them call to get authorization or whatever. So I guess we'll see how well this warranty co. stacks up. And if anyone has any more ideas about the above (seems like the TC to me), please let me know! Thanks,
Old 02-22-2003, 07:46 AM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Well, I guess this answers the age old question - "what happens if you put motor oil in the transmission?"
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 02-22-2003, 01:19 PM
gcookaustin

Quote:
Originally posted by immortal_suby
Well, I guess this answers the age old question - "what happens if you put motor oil in the transmission?"

Huh! Just kidding