Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-27-2002, 10:18 AM
TX SVX

Gee, it dropped all the way down to 45 degrees last night down here. Their thinking of closing the schools. Happy thanksgiving y'all.
Old 11-27-2002, 11:57 AM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Go to NM...seriously

NM was perfect for weather. Winter = 5-10 snow storms...enough for great skiing in the northern part of the state, and just enough to delay school everywhere else. Summer...warm, but not dreadful. Blue skys almost every day. Fall, some changing colors, but not so many deciduous trees that the winter ground is covered by soggy, brown/black decaying leaves. Spring is very nice, but typically windy almost every day. Anyway, I loved the seasons there. Now I'm in the land of the sun (Phoenix), and I'm enjoying the nice weather. I'd call Phoenix a good location because it's always warm here, but there is decent skiing in Flagstaff <2 hrs away.
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 11-27-2002, 12:06 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Pure_Insanity8 Send a message via AIM to Pure_Insanity8
What about ocean salt?

Quote:
Originally posted by solarsvx
green we have skiing,, its just on the water,, much safer that way LOL ,,,

ohh thats something else i can due with out,, messy muddy cars,, road salt eating your car away =>

but we have huricanes and hail storms but never happens,, we been luck "knocks on wood"

i think snow is nice to visit but not to live in,, every day hassels,, and im a clean freak whene it come to clean cars,, and waxing,

how long does the winters last there./
Whenever I visits friends in Florida I notice almost all cars (even brand new ones) have dull paint from all the salt in the air from the ocean. That, and everyone has aftermarket tint... most of which are peeling and fading. I can do without 85 degrees and humid by 8 am. However, I do like to visit and observe the scantilly clad hot girls.

-Aaron

SVX: '92 Dark Teal 101k

'97 Legacy GT Wagon: dead
'99 Civic Si: daily driver... stolen and stripped with all my tools!
'92 Yamaha FZR 600: garage
2011 Jetta: Daily disappointment
Old 11-28-2002, 10:07 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to vzSvx
The other day I made a quick sharp turn on the alley to my garage and my car just slid towards my neighbor's brand new garage. I was so terrified to death. I was only about 3" away from it. Lucky my car stopped. Whew!

But, I always love the change of seasons . . . I grew up in a country where it's like summer all year round, where people don't ask "what's the temperature today?" on the daily basis. I love the Chicago weather, and I lived with it for 20 years now.

"Striving for excellence motivates you. Striving for perfection is demoralizing.".
Old 11-28-2002, 11:37 AM
Green1995SVX

Re: Go to NM...seriously

Quote:
Originally posted by SVX10
NM was perfect for weather. Winter = 5-10 snow storms...enough for great skiing in the northern part of the state, and just enough to delay school everywhere else. Summer...warm, but not dreadful. Blue skys almost every day. Fall, some changing colors, but not so many deciduous trees that the winter ground is covered by soggy, brown/black decaying leaves. Spring is very nice, but typically windy almost every day. Anyway, I loved the seasons there. Now I'm in the land of the sun (Phoenix), and I'm enjoying the nice weather. I'd call Phoenix a good location because it's always warm here, but there is decent skiing in Flagstaff <2 hrs away.
New Mexico has fantastic seasons. Where else can you play 18 holes in the morning, and be skiing in the afternoon?! I love it!

Mike
Old 11-28-2002, 12:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
Hell yeah!!! I did a couple of sides yesterday too -- on purpose in an empty lot.

Lwin
Been there. Paid for that.
Old 12-02-2002, 11:36 AM
$VX

Ewww. No way. I love winter. You can go skiing, sledding, make snowmen, ice skating (i don't do that one though), etc. Its a lot of fun. Plus its an excuse for hot coco (sp?). Florida on the other hand.... eh... well, the keys are cool, and miami is alright.....but the rest of it sucks. I've never seen so many run down places in my life. Abandoned buildings, rusting cars, and burnt up structures that used to be buildings literally fill the state. Blech.

- Ca$h
Old 12-02-2002, 11:45 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by Seraph
Hell yeah!!! I did a couple of sides yesterday too -- on purpose in an empty lot.

Lwin
You shouldn't do that. It could cause your P/S hose to become disconnected from your rack.
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 12-02-2002, 12:49 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Aredubjay

You shouldn't do that. It could cause your P/S hose to become disconnected from your rack.
HAHAHA You beat me to it randy!!

Mike