Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Interior Mods

Old 07-28-2014, 08:26 AM

Re: Momo NonAirBag Steering wheel Install

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwynethh View Post
The 3 spoke STI air bag is very different from the SVXs. Size and connector are definitely different. The internal resistance and chemistry are also reportedly different per postings on the NASIOC group. See attached photos.
Ok so would changing the connector plugs on the Svx to match the Sti bag be possible and just use Sti airbag and steering wheel
93 Liquid Silver SVX - sti 6 speed with R180 diff, my05 sti steering wheel, sti alloy lateral links, 19x8.5 275/30 42mm offset front and 19x8.5 275/30 22mm offset on the rear, 6 pot brembo caliper with 355 rotors front, 2 pot brembos rear
95 bright red SVX
96 emerald pearl SVX about to revive
Old 07-28-2014, 08:49 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by 'E' View Post
Ok so would changing the connector plugs on the Svx to match the Sti bag be possible and just use Sti airbag and steering wheel
The info we got from the NASOIC says no. Something to do with the ignitor design and the expectations of the SVX SRS controller. But hey, we didn't try to confirm that and Subaru STI airbag connectors are cheap at about 5-10$
Search ebay for Subaru Airbag Connector Plugs if you want to experiment.

Last edited by gwynethh; 07-28-2014 at 10:14 AM.
Old 07-28-2014, 07:49 PM

The STi airbag is a 2 stage charge and has 2 connectors. Don't even attempt to wire the charge to work with the SVX. What I need to check whenever I manage to get my steering wheel is if the connector on the US 02-03 steeringwheel charge is the same as the SVX. From what I remember it is similar, single yellow connector with a green lock. If this charge plugs into the SVX it will be the one to use, as I know it fits the STi steering wheel. I will also check my 2nd gen legacy steering wheels laying around to see if those charges work and fit the STi wheel, just for a wider range of options.
Old 07-29-2014, 06:02 AM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tireiron View Post
The STi airbag is a 2 stage charge and has 2 connectors. Don't even attempt to wire the charge to work with the SVX. What I need to check whenever I manage to get my steering wheel is if the connector on the US 02-03 steeringwheel charge is the same as the SVX. From what I remember it is similar, single yellow connector with a green lock. If this charge plugs into the SVX it will be the one to use, as I know it fits the STi steering wheel. I will also check my 2nd gen legacy steering wheels laying around to see if those charges work and fit the STi wheel, just for a wider range of options.
Thanx for the detailed explanation. Also thanx for checking your supply of steering wheels for possible options. Personally I hope you can find a suitable 3 spoke design that will work with the SVX SRS controller. Thanx Again.
Old 08-03-2014, 06:42 AM

The charge from the jdm Sti 05 wheel I have only has one connection no two, what is the difference between jdm/adm and usdm?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (629.3 KB, 232 views)
93 Liquid Silver SVX - sti 6 speed with R180 diff, my05 sti steering wheel, sti alloy lateral links, 19x8.5 275/30 42mm offset front and 19x8.5 275/30 22mm offset on the rear, 6 pot brembo caliper with 355 rotors front, 2 pot brembos rear
95 bright red SVX
96 emerald pearl SVX about to revive