Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-23-2002, 04:55 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
Dash mats for RHD SVX's

Hi all

I have been thinking about it and I for one get shocking reflections from the dashboard onto the glass (very irritating) not to mention concern about what the harsh Australian sun will do to the large expanse of black vinyl that is on the dash.

I made some inquiries and found a trimmer that is highly recommended in restoration circles (attention to detail and the like were what I was seeking) and will be heading up there next week (Tuggerah, about 90 mins from Sydney - a good excuse for a drive!) and when I spoke to him on the phone, he said that although he would naturally have to see the car, he would estimate somewhere in the region of $100AU to $150AU (the same product is $45 - $50 for the run of the mill Commodore, Camry etc- none have been made for the SVX!)

That would be of the same 'carpet' like matrerial that dash mats are made of so would be either that or I was thinking perhaps an alcantra like the trim already in the car.

Blake and I are definites so is anyone else interested - the more we get I suppose the cheaper it will become.

Any other thoughts on the material???

Cheers

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!
Old 11-23-2002, 10:41 PM

Registered SVX
No reflections from mine James and this can be a problem here also.

Has the previous owner done the wrong thing and polished the dash to a glossy finish ? Mine is matt and non reflective. You could try detergent or a suitable solvent to remove the polish but be careful as some can be nasty to plastic as you will be well aware.

Regards, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 11-24-2002, 12:30 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Jamsvx Send a message via Yahoo to Jamsvx
I notice that if I crouch down, the reflection disappears (ie, I can no longer see if from the new angle) so I guess if depends on people's height and seating.

The prev guy avoided armoural and such products like the plague so more a combination of other factors.

In any event, would be good to keep it clean and also protect from the sun.

Just got back from driving my dad to the airport (he's off to Ireland!) and it was his first time in it: "Its a grand car" he says!

On the way back, sunroof open, 35 degrees (air con not as powerful as I would like though), beautiful day.....I felt good (save for the essay that is due tomorrow) when a black A3 1.8T came up, checked the car out and accelerated.....I had to, of course, let it open itself and clear the throat so to speak.....I loovvvvvvveeeeeee this car!!!

Yeeeeeeehhhhaaaaaa!!!

James

27 August 2002 to 27 January 2004 - she will be missed

Was back in Sydney for a while but not hot enough so now in Dubai! Has it been that long since I owned SVX-33H!