Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Interior Mods

Old 03-24-2010, 07:13 PM

Registered SVX
JDM v6 STi seats.... Giggidy

So I modified a pair of the red, black, and suede STi seats to go in the red SVX and I have to say, they're amazing. They were actually easy to modify, I had to cut both of the rear mounts off, then I slid the inside one foreward till it lined up, and the outside ones I just swapped between the two seats and moved foreward. The unexpected upside is that I gained a bunch of leg room which is great for me at 6'8".

Moral of the story is modifying Impreza seats to fit is actually pretty easy.

The last pic is where the original inside mount is located just for refrence.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PICT0204.JPG (274.6 KB, 511 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0205.JPG (274.4 KB, 441 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0206.JPG (219.3 KB, 427 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0207.JPG (219.2 KB, 418 views)
File Type: jpg PICT0208.JPG (179.6 KB, 406 views)

Last edited by crash_2365; 03-24-2010 at 07:30 PM.
Old 03-24-2010, 10:36 PM
some sort of nerd. some sort.
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: JDM v6 STi seats.... Giggidy

Still able to slide back and forth right? But you lose the power seat... How much less do they weigh? They look nice, but it would be really sweet if you did the interior to match them (or vice-versa).
'94 Laguna Blue LSi ~159k.......JDM ultra short-geared 3.900 STi Version 7 6-speed w/ Cobb shortshifter, ECUtune 244,8.1mm/256,9.1mm i/e cams, group N motor mounts, '97 grille, JDM clear corners, Momo JDM Legacy GT steering wheel, apkarian's LED tails, silver STi BBS wheels, PWR radiator, redstuff pads f/r, drilled/slotted rotors, bontragerworks rsb #18, Koni/GC 450f/375r coilovers, Megan Racing adjustable lateral links, KMac c/c plates, Stebro exhaust, ECUtune 1v5, Optima battery in the trunk where it belongs. Turbo project

'97 Ebony LSi ~137k #036.......Power mode mod, JDM clear corners, BBS wheels. AUX/pocket mod

Now a mod "over there" ............Photo album
Old 03-24-2010, 11:00 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash_2365 View Post
The unexpected upside is that I gained a bunch of leg room which is great for me at 6'8".
I bet it is not too easy car shopping for a car that you feel truly comfortable in Nice job on the seats, they look like they belong there.

'92 Ls-L Dark Teal
11:1 CR ECUTUNE pistons
ECUTUNE .256 duration intake/exhaust cams
ECUTUNE STAGE 2AV1 ECU
Z32 MAF/SR20DET injectors
Balanced & Blueprinted
Old 03-25-2010, 03:29 PM

Registered SVX

Yup, still slide back and forth like they did before. The car's just an L model, so it never had the power seats but it did have the 2 adjustments knobs. They're JDM seats so now the passenger has all the adjustments, but it fits well enough that I don't really care. I'm planning on re-doing the interior with a lot more red/black so the seats and interior will match the paint and rims I've got planned

And yeah, finding a car (namely a coupe) that I really fit in is impossible, that's why I've got a QC Dakota
Old 03-30-2010, 10:24 AM

wow, that looks awesome, I'd have to re-cover the seats to go with my black/tan, but I could really use the extra leg room too @ 6'6", where'd you get those seats from, and how much do they weigh? I've got the electric front drivers, so I'd have even more weight savings.
-Polyurethene swaybar bushings
-iRotor Drilled/Slotted zinc plated rotors, ceramic disc pads, stainless steel braided blue covered brake lines, powder coated calipers.
Soon - Custom Headers, Cold Air Intake, and Custom Magnaflow Exhaust
*New addition*2000 Volkswagon Golf TDi
(don't worry, it's my new winter beater, gives me more money in my pocket(less gas) and I can park my car for longer periods of time giving me time to work on it and less damage to the SVX from winter driving)
Old 03-30-2010, 12:42 PM

Registered SVX

I traded them for a subwoofer and a pair of newer rs seats, but I've see them for like $600 on ebay. The older GC style seats fit a lot better though because they sit much lower than the GD+ seats. As for weight savings, it was huge, maybe a 1/3 the weight of the electric seats? Also the JDM ones are a lot more supportive and comfortable than the USDM "fatboy" seats.

Last edited by crash_2365; 03-30-2010 at 12:46 PM.