Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > Down Under

Old 09-11-2002, 03:25 PM
The Road Less Traveled

A RN in NSW makes ~ $15/hour to start, so it's not too bad (I think anyways) when compared to cost of living. England's an expensive place to live, generally. We're short of nurses here too, and a lot of them migrate to the US, where there's a lot more money being a nurse.

Would you know whether temp VISAs (based on family, not student) qualify for work? That would make a big difference in our decision.

Of course, I can be not lazy instead and just mosy over to the Embassy to find out.

VK

Quote:
Originally posted by moyadon
Dear Vk,

Sounds like you are a long way down the track when it comes to research. Probably the only thing I would add is that in nursing I know NSW is very short of nurses. I think our nurses like to travel to England to work there, or something like that. I am not sure if nursing pay rates are too high here (that might explain the shortages) however I believe that it is easy to work as an 'agency nurse', like temping to the hospitals, where the rates are better.

Just a few extra thoughts,

regards,

Blake
Old 09-11-2002, 03:32 PM
Financial Contributing Supporter
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Dear Vk,

If I answered that question (about the visas) I would only be guessing. Having only (personally) live within the country of my birth, I am a little bit wanting in this area of expertise (and I wouldn't like to be wrong on such an important issue).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help...

Regards,

Blake
Old 09-11-2002, 03:35 PM
The Road Less Traveled

Blake,

Thx much anyways. I just have to find a day to go downtown and visit the Aussie Embassy to find out.

Now, on the off chance I can land a job while outside of the country, then pretty sure I'll take that chance. If not, then it'll be based on a lot of other things.

VK

Quote:
Originally posted by moyadon
Dear Vk,

If I answered that question (about the visas) I would only be guessing. Having only (personally) live within the country of my birth, I am a little bit wanting in this area of expertise (and I wouldn't like to be wrong on such an important issue).

Sorry I couldn't be of more help...

Regards,

Blake
Old 09-11-2002, 03:42 PM
Financial Contributing Supporter
Subaru Bronze Contributor

Dear Vk,

Best of luck with your enquries...

I am sure you will make the right decision which ever way you go. You are obviously very thorough.

Nice to have the oppoortunity to use the site to chat

Regards,

Blake

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: