Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Body Modifications

Old 09-25-2008, 10:55 PM

Send a message via AIM to Roo Send a message via Yahoo to Roo
Re: Checking Interest Now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowise View Post
Roo, if you are still interested from your posts I could definitely use the car there in Riverside/Corona area when this all goes down and you get a free kit, the first kit!
I'm all over this. Your choice of using my project car (which I'll trailer down there) or my current running SVX which might be better for testing durability with on how well they fasten it down at highway speeds.
Old 09-28-2008, 07:36 PM

Ok so far Roo has been volunteering his vehicle but noone has opted for buying one. I am willing to buy half or more of the pre-order but I need atleast 4-5 guaranteed buyers with money down. I fork out the rest. Five buyers would be easier obviously. Remember this is the front bumper the rear bumper and the side skirts for the price of what you can barely get one of the items for after waiting 3-5 months for import shipping. So think it over and send me a PM if interested.
Old 09-29-2008, 07:19 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001

Are you reading this thread!?!?! I've said multiple times that i'd buy one, nomad, and sov13t, are interested as well...judging from their posts...
Old 09-29-2008, 01:26 PM

Yes I am following the thread and as I posted new info I didn't hear much or get any confirmation PM's. I don't want to just assume from posts made by nomad and sov13t or you for that matter until I was able to give you all the information. So thanks I will put you down for one and will send PM's to the others and make sure.

Roo I know it probably doesn't work best for you but i am sure they would rather have the car you currently have running, for the fit up. Let me know if that is a problem and I will work with you on what we can do. There is a chance that I have to wait until I am back in the US to really do this but I have an idea that may work for the short term just will cost me an arm and a leg in interest.
Old 09-29-2008, 02:44 PM

Send a message via AIM to SVXMAN2001

I just re-read my post, i sounded a bit harsh, i apologize. No offense intended, but yes please definately put me down. Appreciate all the work you are putting into this!
Old 09-30-2008, 02:45 PM
Electronic Counter Measures ON

Send a message via ICQ to Sov13t Send a message via AIM to Sov13t Send a message via MSN to Sov13t

At the moment I am interested in the side-skirts only, but that depends greatly how much different it will look from the actual Cloud pictures. I think the rear bumper looks hideous and needs a lot more work. As far as the front bumper it looks great, but would need a match for the back...

I am willing to go ahead with this as long as the person that collects the funds is reputable and can back his word with the end result.

-Sov13t.

Last edited by Sov13t; 09-30-2008 at 03:07 PM.
Old 09-30-2008, 05:50 PM

I can understand your view point on wanting to see it and just being interested in the side skirts is understandable too. The thing about it is I will be getting pictures and information as the build of the kit is in progress so I will try and post or share those and get input from those involved to come up with something which will be to everyones satisfaction. However I am sure we can come to an agreement on the side if necessary if you are putting up money for the kit you should like the kit or feel it has some kind of resale value. Thanks I will put you on the list and keep you informed of when what where and how much as things go along.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

updates????
Old 11-19-2008, 06:21 AM

Sorry it has been a while since I updated. Anyway I am back state side and for the past few months I haven't been able to get a hold of my contact I was going to get an adjusted quote from them and then lay some money down but so far no response.

I may actually end up putting this temporarily on the back burner though. With the stock market doing so poor I lost a bit of my "emergency" funds which that money would have backed anything I was going to do on credit. So I actually should wait for that reason alone.

I also want to get my car back on the road and plan to work on it over the winter I just haven't figured out yet how much money to put into doing that yet either.

Bottom line is this project is put on hold but I plan to continue working up ideas and possible improvements for a custom body kit, so when the time comes it will be a smoother easier process.
Old 11-19-2008, 08:28 AM
Unregistered User

Send a message via MSN to Freeman
Registered SVX

Well when your ready to start up again, add my name to the list.
1992 Pearl White LS-L "Ruslana" #4946 - 180k on body, 95k on engine.
Mods: ECU bead crush, 15 min mod, 20 min mod, drilled/slotted rotors & Axxis ceramic brakes, SS lines, 17" Evoke F1 wheels, XS-HF137 Sony Xplod speakers, 6000k HID's (lows & fogs), resistor mod, 1½" Sleek Spoiler mod, custom exhaust by svxfiles, '02 WRX aluminum racing radiator by svxfiles, Summit Racing 400# x 300# springs w/ Koni's by svxfiles, ClassGlass fiberglass hood /w scoop, Nevin's rear sway bar, '97 grille, phenolic spacers, custom LED interior lighting, custom paint.
†"War doesn't determine who is right, only who is left"†
Work to be done: Tinted windows, clear/LED tail lights, tailbar mod, "Power Mode" mod, Supertone horns, clear corners & headlight lenses, 2 pc splitters or custom bumper, Alcyone side skirts, TruSpeed Stage III SVX Intake, Hydra, 4.44 tranny swap, JDM auto folding side mirrors, engine rebuild, super charger, STi seats, bone leather interior /w SVX emblem, dash overhaul, SVX decals, paint (stock color). Total cost?: 22k At least it's going down..
Old 11-19-2008, 09:57 AM

Alright will do, I plan to start a new thread when that time comes hopefully with more details.

Also for anyone who may have ideas or improvements to the cloud design send a PM or post directly.