Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > US Regional Forums > Southwest Region

Old 07-17-2008, 04:17 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
LA to Bay Area 7/18 - 7/27

I'll be flying down to the LA area tomorrow 7/18 and be around the area until Tuesday 7/22. Then I'll be driving a 30 foot RV north to San Jose and I'll stick around the Bay Area from 7/23-7/27.

Anyone in the area that wants to organize a few SVXers together for a meet, I'll try to drop by as well. Especially on the north end, I won't have much time to get away while I'm in LA.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 07-19-2008, 04:35 PM

Re: LA to Bay Area 7/18 - 7/27

Hi,
If you'll be in town, I'll be at the Petersen Museum tomorrow, the 20th to give a couple of tours. Love to meet you. I'll be there with my daughter, who is bringing her car-nut professor, and one of my best friends, unfortunately a MBZ nut, who is also a docent. Seems 42 members of the Orange County Pickup association are coming for a guided tour.
Send me a pm, or just show up. Oh yeah, I'll be there from 10:00 am through about one pm.
Paul

Forgot to add: If you come to the Museum, tell the admissions desk that you're my guest, that way you don't have to pay the admission. Unfortunately, you still have to pay parking. Oh, and we're at the corner of Wilshire Boulevard and Fairfax Avenue, across the street from the Muesum of Art.
P.
'93 Mercury (Aussie) Capri

Last edited by PaulDexler; 07-19-2008 at 07:38 PM.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:48 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Re: LA to Bay Area 7/18 - 7/27

Thanks for the offer Paul, as it turned out we just didn't have much free time down south. Friday-Sunday was up at Lake Arrowhead at a family reunion, and even if I could sneak away for a while I didn't realize just how far away from LA it was (maybe not in a SVX, but I had a 30 foot RV that didn't like those roads all that much).

Monday-Tuesday was at Disneyland 8am-midnight both days and then Wednesday morning we headed north. Will be in the San Jose area for the rest of the trip.

If we ever do move down here, I'll defnitely stop by the museum as it should only be a day trip away, rather than 20 hours or whatever it is from Seattle.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: