SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-26-2008, 11:10 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
kent,

I guess since the fsm is full of typos I should give you a disclaimer that the fsm is full of typos...but the information I gave you is direct from the fsm ecu section for checking the power and ground supplies to the ecu....so unless it happens to include a typo it should be correct. If I had the electrical section with me I would double check it but I don't.

Unfortunately asside from not knowing where your harness has been cut I also don't off hand know where it's connections to power and ground are made except for the one ground connection in the manifold harness on the passenger side of the intake manifold.
Old 03-27-2008, 10:41 AM

As far as power connections: one constant hot to B59 pin 15 (orange backup power supply wire) a few inches after the wire leaves the ECU. I also have three switched hot connections. One to B59 pins 2 and 13 right after they join out of the ECU, one to B62 pin 19 for the CEL, and one to the black and white wire coming out of the fuel pump relay.
Grounds: One on the intake manifold, driver rear. One for the fuel pump relay, three more miscellaneous grounds from the harness and one to the green and black wire out of the fuel pump relay.
Old 03-27-2008, 11:34 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input
I don't think you should just go making your own connections to power and ground wherever you feel like it. That sounds like what is creating your confusing mess.

The original harness power connections supply power to the main relay. The main relay supplies power to most everything else. Go back to the way it is supposed to be and you will most likely be up and running in no time. When you don't cut the harness and splice into it here and there then all your wiring will be correct. I don't see any reason you should ever cut a wire that isn't a dangling connector.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 914helo View Post
As far as power connections: one constant hot to B59 pin 15 (orange backup power supply wire) a few inches after the wire leaves the ECU. I also have three switched hot connections. One to B59 pins 2 and 13 right after they join out of the ECU, one to B62 pin 19 for the CEL, and one to the black and white wire coming out of the fuel pump relay.
Grounds: One on the intake manifold, driver rear. One for the fuel pump relay, three more miscellaneous grounds from the harness and one to the green and black wire out of the fuel pump relay.