SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 01-17-2008, 02:34 PM
206,000 miles on 1 air filter

Send a message via AIM to nonSTOP_service
Interesting Experience

Here's a good heart warmer for you guys;

2 days ago, 3 pm. I swung by the local mall to hit up the arcade, I loves me some digital SVX yo. Anyways, while I was playing, a young boy (probably about 11 or 12) and his older brother (15ish) started watching me. I could hear them commenting about how "That's just like the one outside, I bet he drives it!" So I finish up my takedown (I lead the local T.A. boards... with an SVX) and these two kids start bombarding me with questions. A guy, who I assumed was their father finally came around and quelled their excitement, after which he began explaining what was going on.

He drives a 02 WRX, his kids love it, and his youngest sees my SVX every time they come to the mall. Apparently he really likes the car and wants to see teh engine. He was quite the gear head, his father didn't believe him that it was a flat six.

Of course I was happy to show the car to them. The kids were nothing short of ecstatic, and the father was rather impressed with the car, even more so when he saw my odometer. I made him feel pretty confident in his car choice. He explained his wife was rather put off by the idea of a foreign machine.

It gets better, after I explained to him just what kind of car the SVX is, the price I got mine for, the price of a good low miles SVX, and describing the great community (that's you guys) he was definitely interested. Apparently Alcyone has guided another person in her direction. Has anyone else noticed that the overall popularity of the SVX has increased sharply within the last couple of months?

Anyways, I thought you'd all like to know that an SVX made some kid's day, and impressed another Subbie owner.

Also for any of you who are Wangan savy, I hooked the kids up with a 600/B SVX discard. They were pretty happy.

1992 Subaru SVX LS-L Scratched Silver Metallic
213,000mi

"Hey what's that green power light mean?"
"It means we're beating that Porsche."
"What Porsche?"
"Look behind us."
"....Nice..."
- actual conversation
Old 01-17-2008, 02:53 PM
Rebuilding

Registered SVX
I haven't had anyone wanna see the engine ^^ but I was just at my local Burger King and the lady serving the food (She was a blond and no offense to anyone on here ) Was like "O my god I've like never seen this kinda of car", I laughed a little because of the way she said it and explained to her what it was and drove off. I got a laugh out of it.

1994 SVX LS - 5spd AWD Emerald Green 202k miles PWR Radiator, HID 5000k, New paint job with issues, 17" STI BBS wheels, converted to 5spd AWD from FWD. Purchased from SVXyGirl 2/20/09 -- Undergoing complete rebuild
1993 Justy 4wd 5door- Teal of sorts , beater.
2008 OBXT Newport Pearl 65k miles
Old 01-17-2008, 03:25 PM
Was MacGyver

Registered SVX
Must be SVX week, I just had the first comments on my car in months yesterday afternoon.

Went thru a McDonalds drive thru and the kid at the 2nd window was flipping out over my car (he noticed the windows first of course because it was the drive thru). He said my car was "sick" which I think is a good thing.

He had no idea what it was, but when I told him he then said he was restoring a '78 Brat. He thought the SVX was amazing though.

1992 SVX LSL "Serenity" 250,000 miles!

I don't care, I'm still free, You can't take the sky from me...
Old 01-17-2008, 05:38 PM
Finally HAS a 3rd pedal!!

Send a message via AIM to ridered777 Send a message via MSN to ridered777 Send a message via Yahoo to ridered777

I also have a fully tuned Alcyone on Maxi Tune 3 (used to be 2, but brought it over to the new game)

I love the people who stare at me in awe when I win with only 4 gears...

94 LSi 5spd Barcelona Red, 14Xk miles.

Full custom exhaust (Stebro cat-back, custom rest of the way forward) 8000K HID kit from Tom (SVXfiles), Energy Suspension front sway bar bushings, Non-Droopy visors, Race Concepts C/D + Dimpled Rotors, Axxis Ultimate pads,SS brake lines, Bontrager Works #009 (or something like that), stripped interior.

(up next) Full cage, fuel cell, 327 swap
Old 01-17-2008, 05:57 PM
Cruisin' in Gator Country
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I let my son Ben (18) drive the SVX any time he wants. It seems to be the preferred car for his last year in high school (The Mustang is getting covered in leaves). His friends park on either side of a parking space and hold it until he arrives to protect it from damage. They all appreciate the unique design, even the stock handling, and that Porsche engine. I'm not about to sell the car and figure when I'm gone he will end up with it anyway. I'm starting to look for another one for me.
Gene
1994 SVX LSi AWD 95K - Emerald Pearl (sold)
1992 SVX LS-L AWD 115K - Dark Teal 4.44 swap (sold)

Last edited by bwb3; 01-17-2008 at 06:04 PM.
Old 01-17-2008, 10:28 PM
Subaru Technician

Send a message via AIM to Hondasucks Send a message via MSN to Hondasucks Send a message via Yahoo to Hondasucks
Registered SVX
lol

Yesterday (Wednedsay) since I had off, I picked my brother (17) up from high school and when he got in he was like "YES! I was hoping you'd bring the SVX! Not that your other Subarus aren't cool, but this one is like, the awesomest" I think it's cuz the girls stare at it trying to figure out what it is, and he thinks they're checking him out
1992 SVX LS-L #1222 Pearl White
1987 GL Turbo wagon, 5 lug conversion, D/R 5 speed (Rice killer)
1992 Dodge Ram 4x4 diesel (car hauler)
1968 Dodge Polara convertible (Camaro killer)
1990 Toyota Corolla FWD auto (330,000 mile grocery getter)
1986 VW Jetta
Old 01-18-2008, 05:32 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by bwb3 View Post
I let my son Ben (18) drive the SVX any time he wants. It seems to be the preferred car for his last year in high school (The Mustang is getting covered in leaves). His friends park on either side of a parking space and hold it until he arrives to protect it from damage. They all appreciate the unique design, even the stock handling, and that Porsche engine. I'm not about to sell the car and figure when I'm gone he will end up with it anyway. I'm starting to look for another one for me.
Gene
That's cool to hear Gene that his friends protect it for him. Very good friends to have.

I'm anal about mine in parking lots. I'll park it next to shrubbery on one side so that side is protected, and park as close to 45 degrees as I can get, so the doors can't hit me the other side.

Also I tend to park at the farthest away from the entrance I can get. Usually not many cars there, people are too lazy to walk.

It keeps down the dings.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 01-18-2008, 05:48 AM
Still Cant' Say the Z-Word

Send a message via AIM to LetItSnow
Registered SVX
Eight Subarus parked side-by-side outside the pizza pad where our newest local guy was working, and where we'd just finished eating. A local constable pulls up and asks, "What year's the SVX?" He was kind enough (and rather indifferent) to turn off his radar gun so we could hear each other speak - my detector was bip-bip-bipping. He's got a 2.5i... nice.

Apologies to my Impreza bretheren, for having stolen your parking lot thunder.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:28 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by LetItSnow View Post
Eight Subarus parked side-by-side outside the pizza pad where our newest local guy was working, and where we'd just finished eating. A local constable pulls up and asks, "What year's the SVX?" He was kind enough (and rather indifferent) to turn off his radar gun so we could hear each other speak - my detector was bip-bip-bipping. He's got a 2.5i... nice.

Apologies to my Impreza bretheren, for having stolen your parking lot thunder.
So much for stealth technology anti detection circuits then.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl