Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-25-2006, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrulvr4343
oh ****, hmm well Ill still be looking around for some SVXs if I can find one, but the gas prices are rising so much that I'm not sure what I should try to find. Are all the SVXs premium only? And how many miles per gallon?
5MT's get better MPG, I've gotten 31 highway before. Buy mine ^^
Old 04-25-2006, 07:26 AM
Live it, Love it, Breathe it

Send a message via Yahoo to SVX-FF
All SVX's run on premium gas unless the ECU has been modified with an ECUTune kit. I get about 17mpg mixed and 21 highway.

I am also running 4.11 on a rebuilt SVX tranny that has been modified to current specs.

Steve

SVXepidia SVX information warehouse
Are you in?

My Old Locker

A 4.11 Founding Father
"Tranny #6" I really need a manual

Reading IX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ya I was there
Old 04-25-2006, 06:37 PM
sbrulvr4343

hmm...I just talked recently about gettin an SVX with my dad and he said that I should look into a more gas effecient vehicle but I still want some good power with nice looks. Any suggestions? Maybe if I could find one for a good price and put a ECUTune kit I could get one. How much would that cost?
Old 04-25-2006, 08:20 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
Hehe, if you want an svx and your dad is concerned...You can pull one of theese manuvers
"But, its a very very safe car. I mean, SVX DOES stand for Saftey vehicle experimental. -Insert a list of saftey fetures-..So what if Ill pay more at the pump...Can you really put a price on my saftey??"

And actually, the 5 speed option is a pretty good one. It just requires ALOT more work. You really gotta know your way around the wrench to do it right. theres more than enough info here to help you out if thats the route you take.
Also, Im pretty sure the ecu tune things like 300 bucks or something. Being able to run 81 octane might make it pay for itself after a short time.
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 05-02-2006, 12:50 AM
sbrulvr4343

yeah it would deffinetly be worth getting the kit, since gasoline is suppose to reach 4 dollars by JULY. But I still need to find the car first...Oh and my father is more concerned about the cost of maintance more than anything safety, but I guess that can work there too, thanks.
Old 05-02-2006, 02:35 PM
Missing in action

Registered SVX
Hey, matinence and labor costs nothing when you do it yorself. I think some of the do-it-yourself members can vouch for their saving thousands of dollars in that way. Also, its cool because then if something breaks, youll get to take a see at how the car actually works. Intresiting stuff, makes you not mind so much when the car breaks
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 05-02-2006, 07:28 PM
sbrulvr4343

hmm well im a junior in high school so I don't know that much about car maintance..yet. Im going to take auto class so that will help, how much is insurance on an SVX? Assuming I want a decent coverage.
Old 05-02-2006, 07:54 PM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
It varies a lot. You're better off calling a broker yourself and asking them.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 05-02-2006, 07:59 PM
Missing in action

Registered SVX
Well...My insurance isnt that horrible (for new jersey) at roughly 190$ a month.....for liability only. thats about 40$ cheaper per month than my cadillac was...and that thing had what I figured to be inexpensive insurance.Im sure california rates are a bit diffrent.
In either case, my insurance company considers the car to be a touring coupe, not a sports car. Which, they are right...it is. But none the less, the insurance is alot cheaper than it would be if I got something along the lines of a camaro
Oh..and some insurance companies see the saftey features as discounts.

Old 05-02-2006, 09:45 PM
sbrulvr4343

Alright then. Well thanks for taking the time to answer all of my questions guys, it's greatly appreciated. I'll keep you all informed on my buying process for the next few months.
Old 05-03-2006, 11:17 AM

I doubt you're the youngest. I joined and got the car when I was 15..not to brag. It's a nice car, if you get one don't abuse it because it will abuse you back with lots of $$$. All about preventative maitenance, change your oil at least every 5k miles and wash it regularly. Oh yeah and don't wrap it around a tree.
1993 SVX Anniversary Edition #64
Old 05-03-2006, 11:55 AM
Live it, Love it, Breathe it

Send a message via Yahoo to SVX-FF
This link is for the Chilton manual for the SVX.

I also have a very got pdf type manual that I can send you too.

Good luck and take your time finding the right one.

Steve

SVXepidia SVX information warehouse
Are you in?

My Old Locker

A 4.11 Founding Father
"Tranny #6" I really need a manual

Reading IX

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Ya I was there