SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 09-16-2005, 12:22 PM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Sensory Deathrivation

It's been a few months since I posted about this... actually I think it was about a year ago... but the problems still remain with my car. I keep getting thrown codes about;

Camshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit High Input (Bank 2)
O2 Sensor Circuit No Activity Detected (Bank 2 Sensor 1)
Crankshaft Position Sensor "A" Circuit Low Input

This is repeatedly, and just about every time I drive my car. Now, the O2 sensor I understand and am going to replace after my vacation in October (going home for the first time in 10 years... woohoo!!). However, I'd really like to get the Cam and Crank position sensors fixed, and so far I've been having a bear of a time with the problem.

I replaced one of the two sensors; specifically the crank position sensor, but since the problem remained I decided rather than spend the money on a cam position sensor I'd try and see if there was a root cause for all this.

Basically, both problems began at the same time. They've consistently occurred only a few seconds apart, but only throw the alert once or twice for each time I drive... depends how long the drive is.

Now, I suspected a bad battery might be the cause... and was almost confirmed by some really annoying hard start problems I had (and dying for no good reason) so I replaced the battery about 3 months ago. Since then the problem's been the same, but the hard starts and failing went away thankfully.

I'm getting to the point I don't want to spend so much on fixing my car; she needs some TLC that I have no time to give her at this point... but I'm pretty sure the problem is electrical. I hate tracking down electrical problems and REALLY don't have time for that. I already spent enough time and money replacing parts related to cooling just so I could drive her at all (replaced both fans and a couple of the hoses recently) and am not really motivated to drop a lot of extra cash into the car to try to fix these annoying problems.

SOOOO... any thoughts? Anyone care to throw any pointers my way regarding what to look for, how to diagnose etc.?

Just FYI, the car still runs great... I have no problems other than these codes being thrown all the time. Well, I have a bad rear wheel bearing, but I'll get around to that before winter really sets into the St. Louis area and I can no longer ride my bike every day.

I may sound a little jaded, but these sort of niggling problems really wear on you. I already have to fix these issues and a few cosmetic issues that have come up with my car (bad dings on drivers side door), but I still think it's a great car that I want to continue driving... I just need a little help here!

Thanks in advance!
Old 09-21-2005, 01:48 PM
Either committed, or should be

Send a message via ICQ to thumper_svx Send a message via Yahoo to thumper_svx
Registered SVX
Bumped.

Anyone?