How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-12-2001, 10:18 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Thumbs up

Just got my first $100 'check' from MBNA. Obviously, I've been using my Subaru MasterCard a lot. I do. I charge everything I can. Gas, groceries, bills....

It's kinda like a money filter. Put every expence you can think off 'thru' the card and get money back. Hmm..maybe I can CHARGE my mortgage payment...

I almost feel like taking my Subies to the dealer and having them 'fix' something for FREE. Problem is, there's nothing wrong.

I can also use the money to buy a new Suby or get an accessory. Too bad Subaru doesn't offer any dealer add-ons for my SVX.

Maybe a hitch for the Forester? That would be useful. Wow! Free toys. I feel like shopping....

I tell ya. This card is a no brainer.

Mine even has a picture of a Green Forester S just like mine! They don't offer the SVX. "Huh, what's an SVX?", they said...

Last edited by jscorse; 04-12-2001 at 10:21 AM.
Old 04-12-2001, 11:44 AM
sith

As an aside ... what exactly prevents you from getting two of these "money back from your purcahses" credit cards from two different companies, then just paying each of them back and forth to keep having transactions, while the money all stays in your possession? I suppose it would be fraud? Would be a pretty nice path to free stuff though, and I would have no qualms about taking a bit of cash from the credit card companies (purveyors of poverty).
Old 04-12-2001, 11:52 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to jscorse
Sorry

They thought of that as did I. They only give you "bonus dollars" based on "qualified purchases". That is, you gotta buy something. Tranfers don't count.

Even buying a car counts. Then you 'simply' refinance that card later.
Old 04-12-2001, 11:56 AM
Headed to Texas...

"Free Subaru Service" is something of a misnomer, IMHO. True, if you pay your balance off every month . . .

Ever get the "double whammy" from a credit card company? You miss your payment by one day and that "special, low rate" of 1.9% or whatever automatically shoots up to 23% and you get a "late penalty fee" of $29.00. Call it what you want, I call it legalized robbery - and designed to put you in debt and keep you there.

jnj7707@yahoo.com