Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 09-21-2003, 02:34 AM
tuzem

Talking Got pulled over on a bike + SVX Sighting on a Car Auction ?!

Guess what happened to me just now hehe! I've rented this Buell X1 Lightning and I've been speeding around all day ( you can't imagine the feeling of a HD V-twin pulling a 400lb bike + a 225 ride with it's 100HP!) It's the mussle car of motorcycles! So, I have my sister and I'm showing her 0-60mph on this small street one block from home. She really licked the acceleration and asked me to do it again but I thought I shouldn't becauseI've been speeding too much today and that can't be good! So, instead we decide to try zig-zag on the yellow line on my street... next thing I know THERE IS A DAMN COP BEHIND ME!!! heheh Guy pulls me over right infront of my house!

Cop: "A Buell, huh? You wanna get one! I like them to. When I clocked you you were doing 39mph (limit's 25) --- that's when you were already slowing down! But I understand. Buell makes great bikes! I see you were testing it's cornering there also. That's OK though. Slow down for me if you would. "

I was nice of the guy to let me go I even asked him to turn off his blue lights because all the neighbours probably woke up ( I live on this circle with 4 outher houses and the acton took place around midnight). He said he couldn't turn them off (against procedure) but dimmed them instead.

How cool is that!!! I wish we had more SVX enthusiast police officers

Something else REALLY COOL:

I went to a public car auction today (where I got my SVX in June) and there was a Barcelona Red SVX for sale! 18-inch Enkei rims and new tires. Some kind of kick-ass exhaust and and a huge cone air intake. The guy had cut a hole in the quarter pannel (on the inside of course) to fit the sucker inthere (intake filter). The car had 155K miles on it. The bids got up to $2700 but the car didn't sell. I think the owner wanted around $5K...

and the BEST PART!!!:
On the front license plate holder there was a message:
"I can survive any crisis! I have an SVX!"

Must have been a forum member or some enthusiast.

-Nick
Old 09-21-2003, 01:21 PM
J. Bond

Send a message via AIM to ~*~JenSVX~*~
That was pretty cool that the guy let you off! I guess it was lucky he didn't see you earlier that day...

Jen

www.longislandsubaruclub.com

LISC member #50
Old 09-23-2003, 03:14 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
You were charging around the neighborhood in a Harley-powered bike in the middle of the night and you were worried that the rollers were going to wake up the neighbors???

You know, I'll probably never actually own a motorcycle. I've seen too many terrible, terrible accidents involving them to ever risk my own ass on one. But I can imagine the thrill.

Where does one rent a Buell???

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 09-23-2003, 07:05 PM
tuzem

Actually... any bigger Harley dealer should rent out bikes. It's a promotional campaign Harley Davidson is doing. They even rent out the new V-rods. It's awesome )) the Buell costs about $100 for 24 hours. The Big Twins are more expensive. I've tried many HD bikes already that way

-Nick
Old 09-24-2003, 12:06 AM
ChrisR

I don't know why, but it's been my experience that most cops are nice to bikers. I have been pulled over for 89 in the 35 zone (I had just passed someone) but they let me off, and got in a conversation about my bike.

Old 09-24-2003, 07:29 AM
Parts Hook-Up

I love bikes of all kinds but honestly I am scared stupid of riding on one. I know so many people that have ended up with pins running up their legs because of it.
Old 09-24-2003, 08:11 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by SubaruPartsGirl
I love bikes of all kinds but honestly I am scared stupid of riding on one. I know so many people that have ended up with pins running up their legs because of it.
as much as i have a need for speed, i won't get on a bike. for one thing, i'd probably get addicted and i don't need another expensive hobby. i also don't want to cripple of kill myself. when someone cuts you off in a car, you just slam the brakes and curse - on a bike, there's a good chance for disfigurement or death. my dad raced motocross for many years and still rides (Triumph Daytona 1200, BMW F650 Dakar - cool stuff!), but i've seen him break numerous bones - no thanks! i'll take my speed in 3500 lbs of steel, please.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 09-24-2003, 10:17 AM
tuzem

You are all right of course, but I still think that you can't compare the thrill of a bike ride to any kind of car ride. On the motorcycle you can feel the speed with your whole body. The accelleration is unbelievable! Those two get my blood pumping so hard that I smile for days after a nice fun ride! You just have to be extra cautious and defensive. That's all.

About it being expensive... yes, maybe there is an upfront cost to it to buy the bike but from then on it's super cheap! Imagine that.... in WA you don't have to have insurance on a motorcycle - even if you finance one. Your average motorcycle gets around 35-58mpg depending on what it is. Compare your SVX annual fuell cost to that of a bike.... Most importantly: Consider the Fun Factor - you're having fun while saving on gas and insurance

I did this in college when I had little money of course I stopped the insurance on my little Mazda and rode this Virago 535 I used to have for 6 months.... I paid liability insurance on it then which was $150 / year (what I paid for liability on the car per MONTH!!!). That was of course in the South... SEattle is not very biker friendly

-Nick

p.s. the only thing that can make me really appreciate my SVX is a longer bike ride and the comfort of my SVX leather seats
Old 09-24-2003, 11:20 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

Quote:
Originally posted by ChrisR
I don't know why, but it's been my experience that most cops are nice to bikers. I have been pulled over for 89 in the 35 zone (I had just passed someone) but they let me off, and got in a conversation about my bike.

Harumph! Why haven't I met any of those nice cops?

Having some 34 or so years with motorcycles and cars, I feel much more safe and comfortable on a motorcycle than in a car - up to the 'point of impact'. When considering wrecks, there's probably a 9 to 1 ratio on each: in a car, 9 times out of 10 you'll come out unscathed; on a bike, 9 times out of 10 you'll be scathed something awful.
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 09-24-2003, 04:08 PM

some weird things....

in NJ, i think it is illegal for a police officer to persue a biker if the biker doesn't pull over for the officer. there would be no way in hell the crown vic would catch someone on a bike who wanted to get away, unless he wrecked

a friend of mine races bike professionally. he is also 35 years old. he has all of the special rhino suits. he wrecked on a track one day doing around 130...walked away with a bruise on his backside and leg.

i have been on a few bikes, i like the harley the best, as confort. the VFR was really fun to ride, so was the CBR, but it gave me such a back ache

seeing multiple accidents involving motorcycles, i refuse to own one...most of the time the accidents aren't because of the crazy motorcyclist, but the other drivers on the road, and i don't trust ppl enough.

Kelli
1992 LS-L Pearl 124k
"Yeah, that thingy!"
owner of the new 1992 LS-L Pearl "Susie"
I am a pessimistic optimistic. I think the worst is going to happen, that way when it does, i don't feel as bad, but if the best happens, i am twice as happy.
Old 09-24-2003, 04:50 PM
tuzem

Having some 34 or so years with motorcycles and cars, I feel much more safe and comfo

I agree... I also feel more comfortable on a bike! Espcially in around-town riding. You don't have to worry about fitting in parking spots. Your average bike is about as wide as your body and control is intuitive. Accidents are deadly though

-Nick

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: