How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-20-2003, 02:53 PM
calmone

Unhappy parts help!!!

radiator is cracked!! subaru parts.com says $350.00. anyone know of availability of less expensive radiator availability?????
Old 03-20-2003, 03:10 PM
MINEZ BETTER

there is none. use o.e. only

replace coolant with mercedes benz coolant. its only for aluminum blocks, and heads.
white leathers, h.i.d, ecutune S/C stage 4, 14 inch 2piece rotors big brake kit., , msd ignition, c/f dash kit, front spoiler,carbon fiber jdm rearc wing,19 inch rims, nos, , aem fuel regulater, koni-gc package, ported cylinder heads, supercharger cams,solid buck and shims,wrx sti intake valve and exhaust valves,& valve springs, gas analizer,water injection, exhaust temp gauge, idiglo gauges, shift kit, , remote start, all automatic windows,2.5 inch true dual exhaust system with crossover, and 2 borla stainless steal muffler,air filter velocity air stack 3inch to 6 for air filtre, group n mounts, momo steering wheel, dyno will happan soon
Old 03-20-2003, 03:18 PM
JLittell

Look for a used one. I'm sure someone is parting a car out in here.. $327.00 at

https://www.1stsubaruparts.com/part_number.html
Old 03-20-2003, 07:02 PM

Smile radiator

you can try the other website that other guy stated or go to subaruparts.com

or try:
www.svxparts.com
the site is under construction but if you go there they give you a phone number to call.

1-866-528-5282

Good Luck!
Old 03-20-2003, 07:11 PM
MINEZ BETTER

order parts online is a bad idea. just go to a local subaru dealer and get one. so theres no hassle if it ever happens to have any defects
white leathers, h.i.d, ecutune S/C stage 4, 14 inch 2piece rotors big brake kit., , msd ignition, c/f dash kit, front spoiler,carbon fiber jdm rearc wing,19 inch rims, nos, , aem fuel regulater, koni-gc package, ported cylinder heads, supercharger cams,solid buck and shims,wrx sti intake valve and exhaust valves,& valve springs, gas analizer,water injection, exhaust temp gauge, idiglo gauges, shift kit, , remote start, all automatic windows,2.5 inch true dual exhaust system with crossover, and 2 borla stainless steal muffler,air filter velocity air stack 3inch to 6 for air filtre, group n mounts, momo steering wheel, dyno will happan soon
Old 03-20-2003, 07:21 PM
^ has Subaru issues

Send a message via AIM to Kurt_W
http://www.newsubaru.com/LIBERT~2/Partsx.html

Liberty Subaru has the best price, $292.22, for the radiator that I could find. I ordered mine last week and it came in 2 days (NJ to OH) and was in great shape (ie no shipping damage). They also base shipping on actual costs, unlike www.subaruparts.com. Freight on the radiator cost $7.85 thought I imagine it might be a bit more if it has to go future.
Old 03-20-2003, 07:25 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
Quote:
Originally posted by jsvxstyle
order parts online is a bad idea. just go to a local subaru dealer and get one. so theres no hassle if it ever happens to have any defects
Except most dealers refuse to charge less than retail or higher than retail for parts. These online stores offer substantial discounts off of retail and the service is first rate.

I'd never go to a local dealer for parts.

Doug
Black over Claret with 2.5" setback spoiler; 202,000 miles; Mods: B&M Cooler
1994 LSi (4/93)
Bordeaux Pearl; 198,000 miles; Mods: Weight reduction.

1969 Mustang GT Convertible
1970 Mustang Convertible
2000 Ford Excursion
Sola lingua bona est lingua mortua.

My Locker
Old 03-20-2003, 07:38 PM
MINEZ BETTER

well my exsperiences with the subaru parts is they suck, i ordered two new headlight assebly from them. after a few month of using it, i found out that internally it was defective. i called them and they said we would have to inspect them. well i said f@@k you. since soa had a warrenty for every product it sell in parts counters. i tried one dealer here in walnut creek and i said heres my paper work i need a new one, they wanted to charge for a new head light plus inspection time so i said f@@K you. so then i went into downtown subaru in oakland. they ordered one and switched one for me. that was service. welll the point is online is a hassle when you need to exchange parts because they will just throw you around
Old 03-20-2003, 09:16 PM
Registered Abuser

How bad is it cracked?

Mine was cracked at both the top mounts about 2 or 3" on each side. I was able to epoxy it and it has been fine now for about 8 months. Cost about $6.
94 Barcelona - FWD SOLD
92 Ebony - 3.90 SOLD
94 Laguna ROLLING w/4.44s/Ecutune ECU +TCU/STI springs/Infiniti M45 rims
Old 03-21-2003, 12:34 PM
calmone

thanks for the replies and info. the crack is not small, on the top, fair amount of leakage. i called liberty subaru and ordered the part. hope as the result to make it to redding in the subbie:>