Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > 25th Anniversary Meet (2017)

Old 10-01-2016, 01:38 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
POLL: 25th Anniversary LOCATION poll

POLL: 2017 25th Anniversary LOCATION Poll

I have had preliminary contacts with both SOA in Cherry HIll, NJ and SIA in Lafayette. Seems we are being "encouraged to once again hold our 25th anniversary meet at SIA in Lafayette. I gave them a brief history of Subaru's involvement with the 10th. The Welcoming lunch with SVX engineers in attendance to answer our many questions, The Subaru-supported dinner at a local restaurant, where the President and CEO of SIA personally drove the first pre-production Subaru Baja off the assembly line for us to see. And of course the wonderful factory tour.

I also gave them the names and positions of those who were instrumental in helping us back in 2002. After 15 years, some may still be there, some moved on, retired or passed. I asked for names and titles of those who would be willing us to once again fulfill this dream.

Seems there as some still at Lafayette who remember the 10th and that this group of enthusiasts would travel across the country to mark this event. They seemed impressed

How much more impressed could they be to see a second gathering of cars, by truly passionate and appreciative owners, who have been driving a car Subaru produced 25 years ago and one that has been out of production for 20 years. A chance for the Grandfather SVX apart aside this children, the WRX and the STi and the newest grandchild, the BRZ, We know that Subaru embraces its proud history, its technological contributions and its brand loyalty

It would be nice to have some recognition from the Subaru community. I'm sure there are many who would be surprised to find that there is such a dedicated following for a 15-year-old discontinued-model car. Many of us are die-hard Subaru fans who wouldn't buy or drive anything else.

and the first reply...

"John,

Thanks for your message, and my apologies for the delay in my response. The anniversary celebration sounds exciting, can’t wait to learn more about the event. I’ve copied others who can directly help you.

Mike Whelan Senior Product Public Relations Manager at SOA

Nick Saraceni curates the vehicles in our Vintage Garage "Performance Attic" and is in the best position to help you with the SVX Pace Car if you desire it

Ric Hawthorne is no longer with DCI Marketing.
Rob Bundy and Melissa Carlson are the Editors of Drive and Drive Performance magazines. We’d like the opportunity to cover the 25th Anniversary for Drive Performance
magazine. May Rob or Melissa contact you to start the process?

James Han is Sponsors and promotions at SOA

Thanks for keeping me posted, John. Please don’t hesitate to shout with any questions, concerns or anything that I can help you with"

Tom Salvino
Subaru of America

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 10-01-2016 at 02:32 AM.
Old 10-01-2016, 09:20 AM

Send a message via AIM to trueblue
Registered SVX
Re: POLL: 25th Anniversary LOCATION poll

Thank you for your involvement in the process. I was happy to see the letter from Subaru , end the enthusiastic response . I look forward to being there and meeting you as well .

True blue .

The farther backward you can look, the farther forward you are likely to see. -Winston Churchill

My baby: 94 lsi
My fast baby: 2001 Suzuki Marauder
My new baby: 2010 Subaru Outback
Old 10-01-2016, 09:51 AM
Administrator

Send a message via AIM to Stevebsy Send a message via Yahoo to Stevebsy
Significant Technical Input Registered SVX

This is good!
Glad to hear we have some SOA support, that will help quite a bit.

Thanks John for getting things rolling!

Custom Oil Caps, Battery Bars, Phenolic Spacers for sale here:
http://www.x35design.com
Old 10-01-2016, 11:06 AM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX

This has been just one reply from Tom Salvino at SOA, promising to copy my letter to him to others. Also asking for permission for the Drive and Drive Performance magazine editors to contact me.

So far there has been no other contact with me from any of the people listed, all from SOA.

I have the identical email sent directly to customer relations and public relations at SIA in Lafayette. If no response by mid-week, I will call them directly.

Again they may ask me if I have a specific date in mind. We may gave to revise that May 5-7 date.

The 10th Anniversary meet in 2002 was July 20-22 Saturday, Sunday and Monday

Most people came on Friday, checked in, started getting together, planning dinner, washing their cars.
Saturday was loosely planned and the Subaru dinner in the early evening and the introduction of the Baja.
Sunday was touring the Indy car museum and speedway at Indianapolis and other points of interest
Monday was the SIA factory tour, followed by a lunch at the plant. Mechanical and styling engineers from the SVX project were on hand for questions and answers.

I think the tour would be best on a Monday. It may be problematic for some to leave mid-week to get to Lafayette for a Friday tour. Easier to have flexibility in arriving on the weekend and leaving to return home on Monday afternoon.

So the dates would probably be more like May 6-8, with many arriving on Friday the 5th.

The only other dates tying this one are ambiguous and "ANY OTHER DATES IN SUMMER OR EARLY FALL"

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 10-01-2016 at 11:41 AM.
Old 10-04-2016, 09:35 AM

Registered SVX

Almost a 2 day drive over from here . Was there in 1993 took a tour then. Had just purchased my 1992. At that time were producing the Legacy and a Truck. I can't remember who they shared the plant with. Remember largest metal stamping Press. They said it was the largest object to come through the St Lawrence Seaway.
Old 10-05-2016, 07:54 AM
SVX n00b

Registered SVX

I might try to make this happen this year. Probably won't have the SVX back on the road by then, but I'd still bring a vintage Subaru of some kind.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:44 PM
1st one red, 2nd one black

I remember the tour as well, and how hot it was up on those catwalks. The May dates would certainly be more temperate.
I would love to go with my 2nd SVX, the black one, but distance could be an issue.
Fingers crossed.
bruce

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

The inventor of the doorbell did not own a dog.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: