Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 03-20-2001, 08:51 AM
Rat Fink Member ~:o)

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
In the previous incarnation of this club (before the new software deleted previous posts), there was some serious discussion about formalizing the SVX club. I'd like to see this discussion continue. I know SVXter had offered his expertise in drafting by-laws and such, and others had expressed interest. We certainly have the potential here of creating and serving as "anchor" for a "formalized" SVX club and, for creating regional "chapters." Now, by formalized, I don't mean "stuffed shirt, starched panties" formal. I'm talking about a "beginning" with a roster of active members, perhaps an e-mail newsletter -- a starting point from which to evolve. Anyone else have thoughts?
First to arrive at the very first Reading Meet
Subaru Ambassador

1992 SVX PPG Pace Car Replica 110+k
1993 White Impreza L 240+K miles
2001 Legacy Outback Limited Sedan 250+K miles
2013 Deep Indigo Pearl Legacy 3.6R 49+K miles

"Reading is my favorite Holiday"
Mike Davis -- at Reading VI
Old 03-20-2001, 09:27 AM
lightning_8669

Thumbs up SVX Club/Chapters

Aredub,

I think the idea of a "formal" club with chapters would be an excellent idea. I am a member of the local EAA chapter in my area and, as such, have resources available to me for little or no cost. As the SVX platform ages, repair and parts replacement will be an increasing concern. I know in the EAA there are video and tool loan banks for members. This is also a possibility for a club such as this. Additionally, a "formal" schedule of meets would allow for greater attendance due to better advanced planning. Also, meets could be scheduled to take into account weather considerations. I know I'd rather go to a meet in Florida in December rather than one in Wisconsin.

At least that's my vote.

John
Old 03-20-2001, 10:11 AM
Lowered SVX

Formal Club

I think a formal club would be a great idea, kind of like Porsche Club of America. I would love to be involved in something like that. Let me know when and where to sign up!!
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 03-20-2001, 10:42 AM

Send a message via Yahoo to LarryIII
Registered SVX
Randy,

I agree. I think that a formal club would be a good thing. Unfortunately, I have no resources to offer except my big mouth. If you need it , it's your's.

Larry III
Old 03-20-2001, 11:00 AM
Headed to Texas...

Thumbs up

Aredub, I'm all for a formal SVX club of any type. We have our own web site, why not a club? As lightening mentioned, as the years go by, it is going to be increasingly difficult to maintain these cars - we are going to need some sort of organization to make it easier, if not downright possible.

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 03-20-2001, 11:45 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Aredubjay Send a message via AIM to Aredubjay Send a message via Yahoo to Aredubjay
Registered SVX
<<I have no resources to offer except my big mouth. If you need it , it's your's.>>

Larry, I'm sorry. Your response has mad me feel all icky -- pardon me while I go wash.
Subaru Ambassador

Old 03-20-2001, 12:08 PM
Headed to Texas...

Talking

<<I have no resources to offer except my big mouth. If you need it , it's your's.>>

<<Larry, I'm sorry. Your response has mad me feel all icky -- pardon me while I go wash. >>

ROTFLMAO!

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 03-20-2001, 12:46 PM
Rev Hard

Offering of services....

As far as aftermarket parts i could offer those at a "club discount". Other than that, I have no idea what i could do. But, I would donate any resources i have available.....

PAUL!
Old 03-20-2001, 12:50 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Talking I'm in!

Somebody recently said (I forget where) that we have the next '65 Mustang. I think that's a good way of looking at it. We have a rare commodity, and we need to start expressing our feelings about the car in those terms. (I'm serious - well, sort of.) Maybe that means using phrases like "numbers match" and stuff to get the idea across that we're serious automotive enthusiasts. I think it's sad that our cars don't demand top dollar on the resale block. We can change that.

By the way, can we still get the stuffed shirts and starched panties?

Steve
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 03-20-2001, 12:54 PM

Registered SVX
Which brings me to another formerly mentioned subject: "The Vendor's Forum." It could be a place where SVX friendly vendors would post club discounts, sales, etc. They should simply post their "Business" as the thread heading and add information as needed. It would probably be preferable that people not add "posts" to the area, rather, have the vendor put their e-mail addresses in their "signature" if a member has questions. We would also encourage vendors to delete "expired" posts, to keep the area clean and up to date. Anyone else?
Subaru Ambassador

Old 03-20-2001, 01:16 PM
Headed to Texas...

Question

I'm assuming that this web site will be an integral part of the club? If so, more projects such as the R&T Guide would be helpful, such as a download "library" where manuals/part # lists could be accessed.

There are a ton of good ideas floating around out there. What we will need initially is some sort of organizational structure. How to get that started is a project in itself.

I suggest, just to get the ball rolling, that we have nominations from the current svx.net "membership" for officers or a committee (whatever you want to call it).
Then have these people get together at a meet (ideally) or electronically in the chat room (or both). We'll start small, with a e-mail newsletter or something, and build from there.

Comments?

jnj7707@yahoo.com
Old 03-20-2001, 01:32 PM
Fight Eminent Domain Abuse!

Send a message via AIM to mohrds Send a message via Yahoo to mohrds
<<Somebody recently said (I forget where) that we have the next '65 Mustang. >>

You know how many parts were available for the 65 mustang when it was 9 years old (1974)?
None!

I agree that if we start to organize now, places that make concourse quality reproduction parts will take a look at us and hop on board.

Its going to be harder to get a place like National Parts Depot to do SVX part runs, but with Cube right in their backyard, maybe we can keep them informed of what is becoming a hot item.

Just me $.02

Doug
92 SVX LS Touring with all numbers matching.

Old 03-20-2001, 02:06 PM
kastle

I'd be interested in joining in too. [/bandwagon] I don't know what I can offer other than a good link to Forced Air Tech and what I've already gone through with the SVX-T.

If we need a offical club website or something, I'd be glad to assist.

[/my $.02]
Old 03-20-2001, 02:16 PM
BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOST

Send a message via AIM to Phast SVX
ahhh!

<<I know I'd rather go to a meet in Florida in December rather than one in Wisconsin.
>>

Geez!!! cant you people stand alittle cold?! It seems everytime i turn my back its wisconsin bashing time....your just jelous i get to use the SVX's full potentioal!@(well that and we won the rose bowl!)

But serously now, i would really be big into this if we got it going. The only problem i might run into is distance. Im waaaay far away from most anything that happens as far as meets go.
Old 03-20-2001, 08:59 PM

Registered SVX
Phast! Wah, wah, wah! Hook up with Colin Riley, he's driving from WI to the Smoky Mountains meet.
Subaru Ambassador