Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-30-2002, 05:32 AM

wrx 6 disc

Does the WRX 6 disc fit the SVX.
04 VW Beetle GLS
Old 08-30-2002, 06:37 AM
Lowered SVX

why do i like the svx......

i guess because it is just one of those one and a million looking cars. an exotic without the price tag. i just remember being a teenager and driving past a suby dealer and seeing this outrageous looking car pull out of a driveway. i guess i was dumbfounded. from that point on i told myself if i ever saw one again and was in a position to buy it i would

1998 i had just about finished up college. i was driving a 89 toyota tercel. driving home one day i passed a small dealership and that is when i saw her! spoke with the dealer the next day. he gave me $2000 for my toyota and i came up with another $3000 for a downpayment. two weeks later i was driving an svx. i loved the car so much and i was so awestruck that i never even test drove it. i had him crank it and rev the engine. stupid but true. it was a 94 with 24,990 on the dial. i paid way too much at $12,000 but i didnt care.
1994 SVX, true dual Magnaflow exhaust, K&N filter, 17" Enkei RS6 wheels, Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17 rubber, zinc plated cross-drilled rotors with yellow painted brake calipers. B&M tranny cooler rated at 19,000 GVW. GC springs and Koni strut inserts installed and the car is lowered two inches all the way around!!
"Too much fun to drive!"
Old 08-30-2002, 03:32 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
I had never even seen an SVX until my car. My husband had always thought they were cool looking and found one on a lot back in July 1999. I took one look at the car and said there's no way we can afford something like that. We had just bought a house and now had a house payment that was twice what it had been before. My Legacy was within a year of being paid for and I just knew there was no way. We went back the next day when the dealership owner was there and we test drove it. Love at first drive! And going back I was really sad because I still knew there was no way we could get this car for payments around $200/mth. As it turned out (we paid way too much) the payments were a dollar and change less than the Legacy payments. A day later, it was mine.

Had we done our homework on this car, we'd never have bought this car, and I'd have missed out on so much, including this network. We'd have several thousand dollars more.....

And I have to say that part of my attraction to this car is completely self-serving. I like the reaction it gets, I know it isn't me in the car that's getting the looks, but it's so much fun just to get them (new paint does wonders)!

I think this may very well be the last car we ever buy.

~~michelle

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 08-30-2002, 07:02 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Copper??

Quote:
Originally posted by thndrmtn92svx
And I have to say that part of my attraction to this car is completely self-serving. I like the reaction it gets, I know it isn't me in the car that's getting the looks, but it's so much fun just to get them (new paint does wonders)!

I think this may very well be the last car we ever buy.

~~michelle
Copper is a bad word over here. I am not green with envy.

Good story Michelle, and all the better for being real. Without being too melodramatic, I think the SVX does for the 90's what the
Model T did for the early 20th Century. It empowers.

Plenty of cars have high horsepower, high torque. Not many give access to levels of grip, control and handling that leave mediocre cars behind, and leave an SVX driver smiling and confident.

We have been given the keys to a rare experience.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 08-30-2002, 08:07 PM

Send a message via Yahoo to richardc_51
I loved the SVX styling as soon as I saw it in an automobile magazine in 1992.

I wanted a second car for commuting, particularly in winter, beginning late in the summer of 2001. I no longer wanted a 2-door '92 Ford Explorer that I had bought for my daughter and that she no longer could use; I don't like SUVs. So I thought of the SVX, in part because of the AWD, and the minute I drove it I couldn't leave it. I didn't expect it to be so fast, so smooth, so powerful, so comfortable, such a pleasure to drive. And the price of the '92 Pearlie was right, too. So how could I say no?

Richard C