Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > Regional SVX Forum & Clubs > European Forum

Old 05-01-2004, 01:12 PM
pottsy

Talking Full Member!

Its taken 12 months but i have finally bought a SVX. Its a 92 silver with 100k on the clock.

Many thanks to those who replied to my previous threads giving advice and passing me on to one of the previous owners of the car I've bought.

Those in the know will recognise it - its got a tow bar.

Here's hoping I get lots of pleasure out of it. It will be used as a 'second car'. I will try and make the July meet in it - who should I contact to book a place?

I live in Bristol - is there anyone local who fancies a beer and a chat over the car - always keen to get a second opinion on it and adivce over things that will undoubtably go wrong!

3 Questions:

1. The front bumper has been scratched on the drivers side - any idea how much is the going rate to get a repaint on that area?

2. Whats the best source of touch up paint (original Subaru silver - halfords dont have it).

3. Still after sourcing 2 seat back panels in good condition - mine are poor and let down an otherwise fine interior.

Any advice would be great.

Pottsy
Old 05-02-2004, 06:23 PM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Thumbs up

Hi Pottsy

Congratulations! I hope you get great enjoyment from your car.

A few of those in the know will recognise your car all right. Bring it to the July meet, it won't be a stranger.

Can't help with your questions as I am from across the water a bit.

It's looking unlikely I will be able to make the summer meeting, but I still have fingers crossed.

Enjoy your car. Even with the gearbox problems, mine has given me more owner satisfaction than any car I have ever owned, and I am fussy about dynamic capability. I didn't say "perfect" mind, but it is awfully close.

There are a few owners in Devon/Cornwall, but I am not aware of anyone in Bristol itself.

The very best of British [and Irish and Japanese ] luck with your purchase.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 05-03-2004, 03:03 AM
TonyShaleUK

Welcome!!

Graham Heane is probably the closest to you - somewhere around Taunton.

I have a jap import silver over dark grey - when it needed touching up, I took it to the local auto paint factors where they kept it for an afternoon, matched up the colours and made up 2 spray cans of each for me. Less than £30 if memory serves - damn good mach too. The code is on their computer now so all I have to do is call in and they can mix another batch for me. In fact, will be going their soon, as the same shade that is a good match for the bumper is slightly too light for the door, so will let them have a tweak at the formulation.

Good luck - hope to see you July.

Tony

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: