Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 11-06-2002, 03:10 PM
greg

I am a hugh Subaru fan. Not that I have not looked else where but I always come back. The biggest reason is they are different and I like to drive something that is noticable. But after I really got to know Subaru I realized they the are about more than just looks. Simple ergonomics in even early cars they built. Even my '84 model automatically tuns the lights off with they key. A simple little thing like that has saved my butt plenty of times. But in fact I have had an XT 4wd turbo, XT6, SVX, Legacy GT, another SVX and the already mentioned GL wagon (which I have been using to pull my 20 foot boat). They are impecable cars. My mother, who also loves Subarus (and really got me attached) strayed away when they left the upscale market and went for a BMW. She decided to get a 740 and she regrets it every time she gets in my car. She always says "I wish they would build another car that is as advanced and upscale as MY SVX." I know they have a loyal customer in me. And I know if they would use a little less cladding and a little more engineering to build a 5 series competitor they would have people like my mother back at the door for more of passive and active safety that I think is past the ranks of Volvo. As well as designs they have perfected with there engines that run forever. Subaru is a wonderful car just a little off the beaten path wich is fine for me!

-G
Old 11-06-2002, 08:01 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
Subys

Jean's Impreza is the most trouble-free automobile we have ever owned. If I can get a good deal on an Impreza Outback, that could be our next car, simply because I can't afford a WRX! Up here in the mountains, the Subaru reputation is pretty solid; based on ability to get through bad road conditions and durability. We have some ANCIENT Subarus running around this area!
I must also put in a plug for Suzuki. I have owned three, and all delivered excellent service over their long lives; one I still own with 160k on the original clutch! The new Aerio is now available with AWD, so that is a future possibility. I don't think they are in any way as ugly as the magazines make them out to be. I've driven both the SX wagon and the GS sedan, and they handle better than you would think....sitting as tall as they do. I saw a GS sedan the other day, with 17in alloys, and the larger wheels made a big improvement. The 15in wheels look WAY too small on that car. Don
1 wife ("She, who must be obeyed..")

"One advantage of being disorderly is that one is constantly making exciting discoveries"