Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-06-2018, 10:49 AM

Registered SVX
It may happen this year

Did my taxes. And I may just do it and spring for the rest of the paint and coil overs and replace all my vac hoses under the intake. Then it will be compleat.
Old 04-06-2018, 12:02 PM
Posting since Dec.'98
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: It may happen this year

Quote:
Originally Posted by Conn SVX View Post
Then it will be complete.
That would be a fabulous reward.
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Old 04-06-2018, 08:55 PM

Registered SVX

Tell me more about the springs you have. Not sure where to get parts to replace my struts. The ones I have may even be okay. Not sure if the PO ever changed them. He changed everything else. I probably have the most un-original SVX . I will get them checked first.

Last edited by svxcess; 04-07-2018 at 06:07 PM.
Old 04-07-2018, 08:01 AM
Posting since Dec.'98

Registered SVX

Mychailo was a member here who designed a few variations of springs which were standard height, as well as lowering ones with a few different options for stiffness. He also fabricated Koni inserts and If I remember correctly a few other suspension bits.

Unfortunately, he no longer does these items. I think I have the spring rate documented somewhere in a file. Any spring shop should be able to make them. If you are seriously looking at a custom fabrication let me know and I'll see if I can find the info. Mine are not made for track use but offer a nice firm ride. Similar to a mini cooper or WRX.

He did have a page / thread on this site somewhere where he posted all the various options.
ART Cryogenic/Slotted Rotors, Stainless Steel Brake Lines, PWR Radiator, Tranny cooler, Stebro, Earthworm's Poly Differential/front & rear swaybar bushings, Koni Inserts and Mychailo SVX Sport Springs all 4 corners, Indigo Blue paint. Liquid Silver Wheels.
Old 04-07-2018, 12:57 PM

Registered SVX

I would seriously consider the Gecko coilovers or the TSP, same coilovers but different vendor. The street versions have great spring rates for the car and the ride height can be adjusted with almost stock high as an option. I think at most 1/4” below stock ride height is doable, if your one of those that don't care for the look of lowered cars.

Here are the TSP coilovers: https://www.truspeed-performance.com...1&product_id=1

Actually here is a link to both products on one page. http://www.svxnation.com/products-1.html

Last edited by svxcess; 04-07-2018 at 06:11 PM.
Old 04-08-2018, 06:50 AM
Posting since Dec.'98

Registered SVX

This thread has some of the spring info.
http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...light=mychailo

Just search his user name for more.
Old 05-01-2018, 03:17 PM
Recovering EG33 Swap Artist

Registered SVX

I'm ordering some of the TSP's from SVXNation as my stock struts are blown and Koni inserts cost more or less the same while not including height adjustment and requiring me to cut up my stock struts.

I'm specifying a 5kg/mm front and 3.75kg/mm rear spring rate for a firm yet forgiving ride (~1.25x stock rates from what I understand).

The TSP's and Gecko's seem to be the same coilover but I cannot stand the color scheme of the Gecko's. According to SVX Nation, the TSP's can be raised up to 0.5" above factory height. While they are not designed for this, I'm going to look into how this will affect parameters such as droop travel (i.e. is the spring adjusted or are they BC-style) but I'm interested in being able to lift it slightly for snow and oversized tires.

I'll be installing them on the car at the beginning of June. I'll let you know what I think of them at those rates if you haven't done it by then.

Ask me about a certain midengine Honda Insight
Old 05-01-2018, 08:29 PM

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumpsteer View Post
I'm ordering some of the TSP's from SVXNation as my stock struts are blown and Koni inserts cost more or less the same while not including height adjustment and requiring me to cut up my stock struts.

I'm specifying a 5kg/mm front and 3.75kg/mm rear spring rate for a firm yet forgiving ride (~1.25x stock rates from what I understand).

The TSP's and Gecko's seem to be the same coilover but I cannot stand the color scheme of the Gecko's. According to SVX Nation, the TSP's can be raised up to 0.5" above factory height. While they are not designed for this, I'm going to look into how this will affect parameters such as droop travel (i.e. is the spring adjusted or are they BC-style) but I'm interested in being able to lift it slightly for snow and oversized tires.

I'll be installing them on the car at the beginning of June. I'll let you know what I think of them at those rates if you haven't done it by then.
The coil overs have a threaded shock/strut body which adjusts in relation to the hub mount, they also have a preload spring adjust threading but that isn't meant to adjust height just how much cushion the spring has.
Old 05-02-2018, 01:32 AM
Very Terrific Driver

Registered SVX

You can buy Bilstein coilovers or OEM housings with Bilstein inserts at K-Staff.
I'm ready to f...
Old 05-02-2018, 04:41 AM
51 Club

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetboy View Post
You can buy Bilstein coilovers or OEM housings with Bilstein inserts at K-Staff.
Tell me more. This is the first I've heard of this option.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:55 AM
Recovering EG33 Swap Artist

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 SVX View Post
The coil overs have a threaded shock/strut body which adjusts in relation to the hub mount, they also have a preload spring adjust threading but that isn't meant to adjust height just how much cushion the spring has.
Good to know, that way I'll maintain droop travel at a lifted height.

Ask me about a certain midengine Honda Insight
Old 05-02-2018, 08:40 AM
Very Terrific Driver

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blacky View Post
Tell me more. This is the first I've heard of this option.
They may be transiting to selling internationally. They sell OEM struts with Bilstein inserts (for us who need to hide mods from authorities) and full blown coilovers adapted by a japanese Bilstein certified fabricator and dealer.

No word as for pricing and process yet but if you wait a little.

Edit: The set in the attachment is a further modified version of the Bilstein coilovers and belongs to a japanese driver.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bilsteins.jpg (45.4 KB, 292 views)
I'm ready to f...

Last edited by jetboy; 05-02-2018 at 10:05 AM.