Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > 25th Anniversary Meet (2017) > 10th Anniversary Meet
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-22-2002, 09:06 AM
alanscouse

Preliminary Pictures 10th Anniversary Meet

To all who could not make it to the meet I have posted just a few of the 225 photos I took , in my personal locker . It was a fantastic weekend in which I met a lot of great new folks , including a strong contingent from Canada with visitors from as far away as Nova Scotia ( I think they hold the distance travelled record ) , Manitoba , Alberta and Ontario to say nothing of US visitors from Colorado , South Dakota ,Florida, Texas and the Carolinas , to mention only a few of the many states represented . The cars were awesome ! it is really something to see 75 or so SVX's lined up in one place .
Certainly this was the largest gathering of these cars in North America since the first boatload arrived from Japan back in late 1991 ! My weekend was capped off by the sight of a convoy of about 55 cars driving down Interstate 65 to the Indianapolis Motor Speedway on Sunday morning . Too bad I couldn't stay over for the SIA plant tour scheduled for Monday .
I left directly after the Speedway Museum visit and missed saying farewell to many of you who attended , my apologies .
A special thanks to all those guys and gals who labored long and hard to make this the most successful meeting to date .

Regards to all : Alan.
Old 07-22-2002, 12:25 PM
ALsvx

Alan,

I just checked out your 10th Anniversary pictures…. My car is featured in # 6 (Bordeaux Pearl), that’s my bald head looking in the trunk!

I had a really great time and enjoyed getting to meet everyone. Especially at the banquet, I sat with Scott (Bwana) and his dad and Nick (Mr. Pockets) and his family (his mom “Nick’s Mom” Wendy also has an SVX and drove up from Florida!).

I think the quote of the meet came from Randy’s opening remarks, “…I thought I was just buying a car, but ended up with a family”…. Enough said…..

Bill Fagan
Old 07-22-2002, 08:26 PM
SVX Black Belt Master

Red face Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Quote:
Originally posted by ALsvx
Alan,

I just checked out your 10th Anniversary pictures…. My car is featured in # 6 (Bordeaux Pearl), that’s my bald head looking in the trunk!

I had a really great time and enjoyed getting to meet everyone. Especially at the banquet, I sat with Scott (Bwana) and his dad and Nick (Mr. Pockets) and his family (his mom “Nick’s Mom” Wendy also has an SVX and drove up from Florida!).

I think the quote of the meet came from Randy’s opening remarks, “…I thought I was just buying a car, but ended up with a family”…. Enough said…..

Bill Fagan
Heheh. I met Nick's mom before we even entered the hotel, and, heheh, ulp, heheh, called her 'Mary' all weekend. (heheh)
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 07-22-2002, 09:27 PM
Ain't it the truth?

Send a message via Yahoo to SVXphile
First pics

Nice shots Alan!

Jean and I arrived safely home in West Virginia about 10PM, and we pray everyone gets home safe and sound from Lafayette.

What an fantastic meet....just too much to talk about at this hour and I'm getting pretty blurry-eyed. Will check in tomorrow....
Don
Old 07-23-2002, 07:01 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Hello Alan

I really enjoyed our banquet table discussion. What a great evening! Sorry I missed you on your way out of town.

Best regards,
Todd
Old 07-23-2002, 01:38 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Re: Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!

Quote:
Originally posted by wasions

Heheh. I met Nick's mom before we even entered the hotel, and, heheh, ulp, heheh, called her 'Mary' all weekend. (heheh)
Yeah, I was sorta wondering about that...

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 07-23-2002, 03:27 PM
Multiple Suby Owner

Hi Alan, like always, it was a pleasure talking to you again. Sorry I didn't get to say goodbye.Hope to see you in Reading next year.

Take care of that rare blue car you have also