Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 04-04-2003, 11:26 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
VERY ON-TOPIC: what's happened to us?

This is very much a family to me. I've met a lot of you, I consider so many of you my family. I think this board is unique in respect to personal relationships which are fostered here.
Why are we disintegrating?

(And I want only serious answers, don't give me any stupid, sophomoric bull****)

~~Michelle
yes, I'm angry!!!!

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 04-04-2003, 11:28 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

Send a message via ICQ to Chicane Send a message via AIM to Chicane
We're disintegrating? How so? We have new swaybars being made, people building headers, more 5spds than ever, a potential 6spd svx, and tons of knowledgable people to help with any question whatsoever. Seems good to me.

- Rob
Old 04-04-2003, 11:32 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
You're a jackass, you know that right?

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 04-04-2003, 11:34 PM

Registered SVX
Rob,

You have a feather in your cap for integrating.

Kind regards, Trevor.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 04-04-2003, 11:38 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

?
Old 04-04-2003, 11:42 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Chicane
We're disintegrating? How so? We have new swaybars being made, people building headers, more 5spds than ever, a potential 6spd svx, and tons of knowledgable people to help with any question whatsoever. Seems good to me.

- Rob
It has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the relationships we have outside of the cars. Not everyone is interested in just mods (which is all you seem to site as examples of the forum being "good.") I don't think you understand the degree to which many of us are "friends" here.

Mike
Old 04-04-2003, 11:44 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
Quote:
?
BAHHAHAHAHAHAH!

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:45 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

It has nothing to do with that. It has to do with the relationships we have outside of the cars. Not everyone is interested in just mods (which is all you seem to site as examples of the forum being "good.") I don't think you understand the degree to which many of us are "friends" here.

Mike
Exactly. Well and simply said.

Old 04-04-2003, 11:45 PM

Registered SVX
Rob,

You have earned a medal as a result of getting along with people and projecting your true self. There is nothing between the lines this was a direct compliment.

As a child, on cold mornings I gladly stood in cowpats to warm my bare feet, but I detest bull$hit!
Old 04-04-2003, 11:53 PM
Anti-BS Vigilante

I understood that Trevor, I just don't understand why "thundermountain" called me a jackass. Also, where did Aredub go? I know he's had some family problems/issues to deal with lately, but he's never on anymore.

- Rob

BTW: As for non-mod-related SVX community issues, I met Phil (PhastSVX) a few months back, that was cool (5spds are great!) and I'm hoping to run into Lwin and a few other of you IL folks this summer.
Old 04-04-2003, 11:54 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
This place has become a PITA as of late. Perhaps that is because we all have many things on our minds. I know I do. My car is not running well and is p*ssing the crap out of me. But at the same time, I am seeing some trouble on the board itself as well.

Edit: Sent as PM to a user on the board
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:•2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!
Old 04-04-2003, 11:59 PM
SVXdriver_007

I hope I'm not part of the problems? I've noticed an undo amount of trashing going on, not the good natured ribbing, but blatant trashing. I find it sad. Someone asls for a opinion, and then someone answers with a sharp tongue. When called on it they cal their freedom of speech or say "so-and-so asked for it". Its all etiquette some people don't get it I guess.

If I said anything to offend to anyone I apologize, I'm happy to be here I like the site and most of the people. I met a couple of people already and found a new mechanic. Hopefully I've presented some decent input, because I have certainly taken alot with me.

Shane
Old 04-05-2003, 12:06 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
I understood that Trevor, I just don't understand why "thundermountain" called me a jackass. Also, where did Aredub go? I know he's had some family problems/issues to deal with lately, but he's never on anymore.

- Rob

BTW: As for non-mod-related SVX community issues, I met Phil (PhastSVX) a few months back, that was cool (5spds are great!) and I'm hoping to run into Lwin and a few other of you IL folks this summer.
Randy resigned as Moderator a day or so ago.

Mike
Old 04-05-2003, 12:08 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by SVXdriver_007
I hope I'm not part of the problems? I've noticed an undo amount of trashing going on, not the good natured ribbing, but blatant trashing. I find it sad. Someone asls for a opinion, and then someone answers with a sharp tongue. When called on it they cal their freedom of speech or say "so-and-so asked for it". Its all etiquette some people don't get it I guess.

If I said anything to offend to anyone I apologize, I'm happy to be here I like the site and most of the people. I met a couple of people already and found a new mechanic. Hopefully I've presented some decent input, because I have certainly taken alot with me.

Shane
I doubt anyone has any issues with your posts or manners , Shane. You have always been one to try and calm things down when they get sharp.

Old 04-05-2003, 12:09 AM

To me, this forum can be related to anything else in life. IT'S ONLY GOOD IN MODERATION. If you’re on all the time and jumping on every thread, you're going to eventually piss someone off, say stupid things, and/or make an idiot of yourself. From personal experience, I can say this is true and which is why I'm not on as much as I used to be. I still enjoy partaking in some discussion here, but only when I have something unique and valuable to add. I suggest everyone else do the same.

PS: This comment was not directed at anyone in particular. I believe that all members here have contributed positively in one way or another.