How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-04-2003, 06:49 PM
not just a fan, a Member!

o/t cell phones

grr, madison needs to get gsm service.... or sprint has to get gsm incorporated somehow.... i like my cell phone and all, and still think that mainstream wise, the sanyo 5300 is one of the coolest phones on the market... but gosh, at&t's got the new nokia 3 series camera phone.... argh.... cell phone bug is itching, just have to decide if the car mod bug or the cell phone bug is itching more... then of course there's the empty wallet.... argh...
mrspyder: gotta have a drop top in cali...

always looking for a reliable 5spd svx...
Old 04-04-2003, 06:59 PM
My car's Italian, right?

Send a message via AIM to Tim
The best cell phone forum in the world:

www.howardforums.com

www.howardchui.com

enjoy
2012 Camry V6 SE
Old 04-04-2003, 07:51 PM
Hater

hell, i just got off ANALOG! i was using the employee discount, $11/month, but i finally upgraded to digital about six months ago. for the amount i use my phone i shoulda just stuck with the analog.
BTW, why do people on cell phones have to talk 3 times louder than normal? when i'm trying to relax (sleep) on the subway on the way home from work, some bigmouth always finds it extremely necessary to call home to let them know they'll be home in 5 minutes.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 04-04-2003, 08:01 PM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark
hell, i just got off ANALOG! i was using the employee discount, $11/month, but i finally upgraded to digital about six months ago. for the amount i use my phone i shoulda just stuck with the analog.
BTW, why do people on cell phones have to talk 3 times louder than normal? when i'm trying to relax (sleep) on the subway on the way home from work, some bigmouth always finds it extremely necessary to call home to let them know they'll be home in 5 minutes.
LOL... thats what u get for taking the subway!!!

Mike
Old 04-04-2003, 08:07 PM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX

LOL... thats what u get for taking the subway!!!

Mike
...and park the SVX downtown?!?!? i think not! i do drive when i have to work weekends (like tomorrow).

Old 04-04-2003, 09:25 PM
Green1995SVX

Hey I park my SVX downtown!! I guess that explains the door dings and scraped bumpers i had before the repaint.

Mike
Old 04-04-2003, 09:30 PM
Green1995SVX

Speaking of downtown - My roommate and i wanted to go to the hardrock last night for dinner. We tried so hard to get there, but couldnt. With the weirdness going on at the west end circle, and the bridge constuction, we figured we should take the smithfield st bridge, so i went there (after sitting in gridlock downtown for about an hour) and they had smithfield street blocked off. At that point I just gave up. We went and got something to eat in north hills. Any suggestions?

Mike
Old 04-04-2003, 11:50 PM
SVXdriver_007

Re: o/t cell phones

Quote:
Originally posted by subafan
grr, madison needs to get gsm service.... or sprint has to get gsm incorporated somehow.... i like my cell phone and all, and still think that mainstream wise, the sanyo 5300 is one of the coolest phones on the market... but gosh, at&t's got the new nokia 3 series camera phone.... argh.... cell phone bug is itching, just have to decide if the car mod bug or the cell phone bug is itching more... then of course there's the empty wallet.... argh...

I'm not sure about the cell bug it just never bit me I guess so I cant say I feel your pain. I've got a regular cell phone my friend tells me its the last star tac before they went silver? It does everything I want it to. and it fits comfortably in my pocket. Nevere felt the need for cameras or games or the color screen. I'm a simple man I guess, lol. I think the organizeer phone combo has some appeal but I want it to be a little smaller. I think you should scratch the car mod bug.
Old 04-05-2003, 04:29 AM
Hater

Quote:
Originally posted by Green1995SVX
Speaking of downtown - My roommate and i wanted to go to the hardrock last night for dinner. We tried so hard to get there, but couldnt. With the weirdness going on at the west end circle, and the bridge constuction, we figured we should take the smithfield st bridge, so i went there (after sitting in gridlock downtown for about an hour) and they had smithfield street blocked off. At that point I just gave up. We went and got something to eat in north hills. Any suggestions?

Mike
suggestion: stay out of downtown. i went to the final home Penguin game and it was a nightmare getting to the Arena from the South Hills.....

Old 04-05-2003, 10:37 AM
Green1995SVX

Quote:
Originally posted by Landshark

suggestion: stay out of downtown. i went to the final home Penguin game and it was a nightmare getting to the Arena from the South Hills.....
The whole time we were like "We can see station square, but we cant get to it!!" It was very irritating!

Mike