Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 12-29-2002, 10:58 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Wink

Quote:
Originally posted by MT maniac
OK One weeks time i willbe Emailing iROTORS about this stuff, any of you out there that are interested let meknow i am setting things up best that i can..thanx everyone.

Hey Leslie, did we qualify for 15% off yet?

Ron.

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 12-30-2002, 12:34 AM
FifthElement

I'm going to need to replace the rotors upon my next brake job...so tell me, what makes these rotors any better than stock rotors?
Old 12-30-2002, 11:15 AM
Making tires round, Six now :)

I would like to buy all four rotors also.

I have a few questions:
Do these rotors have the same fit to the wheel hub as original?
What is thickness of the f/r rotor to start with?
How wide is the ventilation passage?
How many vanes in the ventilation passage?
Can I see a picture of the slotted rotor pattern?

This appears to be a good deal as OEM rotors would run about $456 plus the tax. $263.10 is a good price and I could save $200.

I do not want to get burned on this deal Do you have any thoughts on how you can guarantee us the rotors will be delivered? I have no idea how to do this and I do not know if any one has purchased from you before. So, please forgive me if indeed you are a very honest person. Is there any way to set-up a holding area for the money or something? Anyway to get comfirmation of this deal direct from the supplier?

Thanks

John
Old 12-30-2002, 12:17 PM
jwherm

Same

I will be in for some slotted after I hear the answers to all the questions just posted. Good job svx_commuter.

Herm
Old 12-30-2002, 04:33 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Do these rotors have the same fit to the wheel hub as original? They say these are a direct fit on the SVX like stock.
What is thickness of the f/r rotor to start with?
How wide is the ventilation passage?
How many vanes in the ventilation passage?
I dont know about thickness, vent, vanes...they are back there on the 2nd so i will get last min info then..
Can I see a picture of the slotted rotor pattern?
I will see if i can get any pics from them also.

I do not want to get burned on this deal Do you have any thoughts on how you can guarantee us the rotors will be delivered? I have no idea how to do this and I do not know if any one has purchased from you before. So, please forgive me if indeed you are a very honest person. Is there any way to set-up a holding area for the money or something? Anyway to get comfirmation of this deal direct from the supplier?

My ideas since you havent read the whole thread is that i will write up an online contract with you all. If i fall though you can send Don to kill me. (but since it is a contract and you will have my address and # you can go to the law if i did scam you, that isnt my idea) What i will do is have each of you send me a money order and i will then send one large check to iROTORS and have them ship directly to you. As soon as they ship i will get each of you the tracking number for your box.

Last edited by Alcyone SVX LSL; 12-30-2002 at 04:36 PM.
Old 12-30-2002, 04:38 PM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Quote:
Originally posted by Ron Mummert

Hey Leslie, did we qualify for 15% off yet?

Ron.
I will find out when i have close to the real number of people who want the rotors... I am working on this best i can. I will let you all know what is going on as soon as they send me an email...
Old 12-30-2002, 07:14 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
iRotors

Weel, despite the fact that I have some money from the sale of my power chip, I simultaneously recieved a huge credit card bill. I'm gonna pass on the rotors for now. Sorry. It sounds like you'll still have enough for the discount though, so that's good. Anyway, count me out on this run. Maybe some time in the future

-Mat
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 12-31-2002, 06:01 AM
SovereignMK1

Quick note: Slotted rotors do go through pads slightly faster than stock/x-drilled due to the "slots" . Free bump
Old 12-31-2002, 08:06 AM
SVX Black Belt Master

Leslie, if you pull this off, you're a winner in my book.

One more question, if you don't mind. Are you saying that the price is the same, whether the rotors are plain, slotted, or drilled? I'm finding it hard to believe that they would do the extra work for nothing.

If the slotting isn't too much more, you can add me to the list - all four corners.

Uh, one more question. (I guess I lied.) Will the company bill us directly, or will we be sending everything to you?

Thanks
'02 Black Sapphire Volvo V40, 133K - "Shadowfax"
'06 Triumph Tiger, 19K
'99 Suzuki DR350SE, 8.5K - "Geezer Killer"
<*}}}}>< ~ ~ ~
~ ~ ~ ~ ><{{{{*>
Old 12-31-2002, 08:25 AM

Send a message via AIM to kuoh
Pads are cheap and easy to replace, so the trade off isn't that bad.

KuoH

Quote:
Originally posted by SovereignMK1
Quick note: Slotted rotors do go through pads slightly faster than stock/x-drilled due to the "slots"
Old 12-31-2002, 11:52 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

Steve,
I will put you down for a full set and what i will do is send a pm to all the people who want them and what i will do is have you send a money order to me and i will make the one big order..this way iROTORS knows that we are for real on this.
The price for the rotors is the same no matter how you want them.
Old 01-03-2003, 02:48 AM
SovereignMK1

On Slotted vs X-Drilled

Both slotted and x-drilled rotors have shorter stopping distances compared to non drilled or non slotted rotors. The cracking arguement of the x-drilled rotors aren't really valid as long as proper break-in is followed by manufactuer guidelines.

Slotted is more suited for track use, as it goes through pads much quicker then x-drilled rotors. Wet braking is x-drilled rotor's strong suit. Get them Cyro'ed, or that Zinc Coating to keep the rust off

Hopes this helps some

//Mark

Edit: Good Tires also help stopping!
Old 01-03-2003, 07:57 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

The cross drilled will crack due to the heat and weight properties of the SVX. Dipple drilled are not a problem though.
I dont think stopping distance is the main problem, more of the warped rotors are very annoying. They all come zinc coated from iROTORS. I wrote them an email, all questions from svx_commuter are in the email i wrote. I will forward any information and the buy will be set up soon after.
Thanx again everyone.
Old 01-03-2003, 08:25 AM
Alcyone SVX LSL

OK iROTORS has been very nice yet, the guy seems a little clueless... He doesn't have all the info all he can say is they are guaranteed to fit and work. They seem to be made some where else and all they do is put a sticker on the box and ship... he had told me they are about the same exact thing as Brembo rotors but zinc coated.
Price will be $263 for the sets of four, this will be shipped to your door and your choice on slotted, drilled, or both.

Future orders that anyone wants to make can be organized through me and you will get the 10% off still.

As far as pics best thing is to look at the ones on their site and imagine no drill holes in the rotors.
Old 01-03-2003, 11:00 AM
Registered Abuser

Hey iRotor people

Don't forget your S/S brake lines. I just got my rotors/pads in the raceconcepts group buy. I love them, but I love them a lot more since I got the lines from Dayle. The difference is significant.

Did anyone notice, in Cash's thread about the Rustang vs. SVX, that the SVX finished second in braking 60-0 among the long list of cars tested? Not bad for a heavy beast.

Stephen
94 Barcelona - FWD SOLD
92 Ebony - 3.90 SOLD
94 Laguna ROLLING w/4.44s/Ecutune ECU +TCU/STI springs/Infiniti M45 rims