SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-11-2002, 02:09 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Post Not normal

I forgot to tell you all about the abnormal experience I had with Subaru when getting my MAF failure diagnosed. They did the diagnostics for FREE, and they did it within an hour of my appointment time! So, for no money, I found out what I needed to fix to get my car running, they actually told me about 2 other problems (broken transmission mount, broken engine wishbone mount), and how much it would cost. Of course, the price for them to do anything else is astronomical ($79/hr labor) as normal, but for do it yourself people like me, it's great. They use all their tools to tell me what's wrong, then I get to go in and fix it. Needless to say, I was happy with that. Now, since I'm sure none of you care I'll end this post.

Mat
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 12-11-2002, 02:13 PM
Green1995SVX

It's great to find a dealer like that. My dealer at school here is like that. They will even photocopy service manual pages for me to do the job myself. Once I even had the service manager come out to the car and show me what to do.

My dealer at home charges you if they glance at your car. I dont like them very much, but they seem to know what they're doing.

Mike
Old 12-11-2002, 02:38 PM

Send a message via Skype™ to CigarJohnny
My dealer here in PA does the same at no charge. Faulkner Subaru in Bethlehem. The service manager says diagnosing a problem is a no charge deal. And they seem to have a lead tech that knows his SVXes. Not a bad deal!

Ebony Mica '92 LS 80K Oct 2002 - Dec 2004: Victim of theft. She served me well.

You can tell the lack of craftsmanship by the wrinkles in the duct tape.
Old 12-11-2002, 03:59 PM

Not a bad deal at all. I guess the Subaru place I went to in ABQ was just wack! They did $50 diagnoseesese and were never accurate in their quotes. They were also slow as fuuuu! Mike, if your parents move to ABQ and your SVX needs service there some day, don't go to Garcia Subaru...K?
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

Old 12-11-2002, 04:05 PM
Green1995SVX

Haha! I have a license plate frame from Garcia that my parents brought me as a souvineer from NM once.

Mike
Old 12-12-2002, 09:17 AM
Yeah, it's a poodle - so what?

Re: Not normal

Quote:
Originally posted by SVX10
I forgot to tell you all about the abnormal experience I had with Subaru when getting my MAF failure diagnosed. They did the diagnostics for FREE, and they did it within an hour of my appointment time! So, for no money, I found out what I needed to fix to get my car running, they actually told me about 2 other problems (broken transmission mount, broken engine wishbone mount), and how much it would cost. Of course, the price for them to do anything else is astronomical ($79/hr labor) as normal, but for do it yourself people like me, it's great. They use all their tools to tell me what's wrong, then I get to go in and fix it. Needless to say, I was happy with that. Now, since I'm sure none of you care I'll end this post.

Mat
Mat, what dealer was that?
2001 Outback Sport
Old 12-12-2002, 11:22 AM

Well, I'm in AZ right now, so I'm not sure this will be of any use to you, but it was Camelback Subaru/Volkswagen. In NM, I don't know of anybody but Garcia and Galles. Never went to Galles, but it's gotta be better than Garcia (as a disclaimer for Garcia...they're friendly, but clueless).

Old 12-12-2002, 12:38 PM
Green1995SVX

I have a license plate frame from Premier Motorcars (Subaru Dealer) in Santa Fe too. That is my personal favorite of my license plate collection.

Every time a member of my family travels somewhere, I have them get a license plate frame from the subaru dealer there. I have some great ones! Even one from hawaii!!

Mike
Old 12-12-2002, 12:39 PM
Green1995SVX

I just realized how off topic my post was. Oh well!

Mike