Old 12-03-2002, 01:47 PM
$VX

The racing mod is ugly though. :\

- Ca$h
Old 12-04-2002, 07:53 AM
No longer blue member

Send a message via AIM to SubaSteevo
Talking That's why I bought 2

I have one that is a bone-stock 92' Claret LS-L(just like mine ) and another that is fully modded, racing mod and all. It's surprising how close the performance is in the game compared to real life(besides the game having an extra 3 hp )

Member #895(the member formerly known as BurgundyBeast)
01' MSM Lexus IS300
Old 12-04-2002, 08:17 AM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I recently bought an XBox bundle which came with Sega GT 2002. I wasn't really interested in the game, but when I found out that I could buy an SVX, that was it.

The game is no GT3, but it does pretty faithfully reproduce handling. And you can turbo the SVX.

Anyway, it was a shame that the SVX had to be cut from GT3, but I understand. It'll be back in GT4. It had better be. GT4 is supposed to be online, so I want official SVX Network races.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 12-04-2002, 08:38 AM
FifthElement

That was wonderful
Old 12-04-2002, 09:58 AM
$VX

That will be awesome! (online GT4 svx races). Only thing is I'll whoop all your asses. :P

- Ca$h
Old 12-04-2002, 10:00 AM
Green1995SVX

WOW! A new game with the SVX. Credit to whomever designed that game.

Mike
Old 12-04-2002, 03:40 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
That will be awesome! (online GT4 svx races). Only thing is I'll whoop all your asses. :P

- Ca$h
Bring it.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 12-05-2002, 01:51 AM

Thumbs up Video Games

Hello Mr. Pocket!

Why did they cut the SVX from GT3, and it really comes back in GT4?

@$VX --> Are the screens from GT2?

Coul you please post some screens of the X-Box SVX, or are they available somewhere in the net?

mfg hrc
Old 12-05-2002, 08:00 AM

Registered SVX
Re: Video Games

Quote:
Originally posted by MartyMcFly
Hello Mr. Pocket!

Why did they cut the SVX from GT3, and it really comes back in GT4?

@$VX --> Are the screens from GT2?

Coul you please post some screens of the X-Box SVX, or are they available somewhere in the net?

mfg hrc
I can only really give you my best guess. In GT and GT2 (both developed for the PSX), the cars each took approximately one day to model. In GT3 (for the PS2), it took the artists a week to model one. For that reason, many cars had to be cut. The SVX would look gorgeous in GT3, but few people would notice its absence.

The plan for GT4 is for it to be an online game. It'll probably ship with GT3's cars, plus many more, but Sony plans to add cars after the game's release. You'd download the cars to your PS2's HDD. The quote I saw from GT4's producer was something to the effect of, 'we plan to have every drivable vehicle on the face of the planet in GT4, eventually.'

Good, because semi tractor racing has been sorely missing from the GT series.

As for screenshots of the SVX in Sega GT, I'll look around. If I do find it, the SVX will most likely be in the background, though. :P

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 12-05-2002, 08:51 AM

Registered SVX
Okay, I put one screenshot of the SVX in Sega GT 2002 in my locker. I also put another shot in there just for Cash.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 12-05-2002, 01:51 PM
$VX

For some reason Xbox just looks bad to me. Always has. >shrug<

Anyway, the screens were from GT2, my computer (iMac) has playstatin capabilities. :P GT2 had a lot more 'commonplace' vehicles which you could race, and GT3 was basically only high performance vehicles. Both are cool, but GT4 should be sweet!

=- Ca$h
Old 12-05-2002, 03:20 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
GT2 had a lot more 'commonplace' vehicles which you could race, and GT3 was basically only high performance vehicles.
That's not true at all. GT3 may have fewer cars, but the variety is still there.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 12-05-2002, 03:30 PM
$VX

It is true actually. In GT2 you had a TON of production vehicles to choose from. You could get neons, 240sxs, etc etc, a LOT of common place 'real life' vehicles that simply aren't in GT3. GT3 is basically new cars only, not as many commonplace vehicles, and pretty graphics.

Excluding the graphics, I really think GT2 is superior. It had more cars, used cars, new cars, and it has an SVX, which is argument enough.

I have both. :P

- Ca$h
Old 12-05-2002, 03:50 PM

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by $VX
It is true actually. In GT2 you had a TON of production vehicles to choose from. You could get neons, 240sxs, etc etc, a LOT of common place 'real life' vehicles that simply aren't in GT3. GT3 is basically new cars only, not as many commonplace vehicles, and pretty graphics.

Excluding the graphics, I really think GT2 is superior. It had more cars, used cars, new cars, and it has an SVX, which is argument enough.

I have both. :P

- Ca$h
I agree - GT2 is superior in terms of the number of cars. But it had the advantage of a previous title to add on to. For GT3, they basically had to start from scratch.

Anyway, it's a matter of opinion. I don't think that the lower number of cars in GT3 hurts the gameplay any, and you do.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback

END OF LINE
Old 12-05-2002, 06:05 PM
alacrity024

Moving along the sub-thread that got started re: xbox..

my uncle bought an xbox last year and i finally got the chance to play it.. i must say that i wasn't terribly impressed. I played two games: Halo and Project Gotham Racing.. After GT3, I've been jaded to the point where sometimes driving a REAL car isn't even enough fun. So needless to say, I wasn't too impressed with Proj. Gotham..

I seriously don't see the big fuss everyone made about Halo when it first came out. It's a first-person shooter, and XBox's graphics capabilities leave a lot to be desired.. the game seemed difficult to make out, plus the XBox's controller sucks a pair of.. wheel bearings.. so it was really tough to control. I'll take a mouse & keyboard over a stupid controller for an FPC any day.

In fact, the XBox's weakest point seems to lie in its unusually-shaped controller. It's big, akward, and stupid-looking with those sort-of-transparent colored buttons.. I dunno, I think that Sony really has got the right idea with their stock PS2 controllers.. they fit very nicely in the hand and everything is nice and reachable.

okay I'm done.

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention how it came as NO surprise to me that a good number of XBox's had to be sent back to Microsoft because they weren't booting properly! HAH!!

=A-Dogg