Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Interior Mods
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2009, 06:00 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Another Interior Carbon Application

I know, I know... WTF is wrong with this guy and his obsession in CF?

Well this is just an informative thread for those looking for this look inside their cars. Unlike the CF Vinyl, this one is a fabric and is intended to be used INSIDE the car ON TOP OF whatever you want to wrap it with.

This fabric was first raised by John (svxcess), but I guess there was a confusion about it. I am literally seeing members use this fabric in almost all forums, BMW, Mercedes, 350z, STi... and no one complained about its quality and finish. You want a classy but cheaper was to carbon fiber applications inside your car, here is the good stuff.

The secret to its appeal (same as the 3M vinyl) is because it is DRY. By dry I mean it has no glossy look, more like matte. The glossy is reputed to be considered as the bling bling of the interior, hence rice.

Here is John's post:

[QUOTE=svxcess;614359]Over at SAAB Central, someone posted about using the satin finished carbon fiber vinyl with photos. This looks tastefully done and improves on the original factory finishes. However, I can't see any place it could be used on the interior of the SVX and look correct.

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.

Last edited by SilverSpear; 09-21-2009 at 06:40 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:02 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Re: Another Interior Carbon Application

Pictures inside the 350z:

1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:03 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX

An idea how to apply it:

Quote:
Originally Posted by somebody View Post
you need the following items;
~very sharp/new exacto knife: art supply or hardware stores
~3M super77 or super90 spray glue: soni posted a pic. in this thread (not sure about how other brands will perform but, super77 is what we used).: art supply or hardware stores
~masking tape: hardware stores
~denatured alcohol: drug stores
~soft cloth
~tools to disassemble/assemble the center console

disassembly
I found this web page.....not sure who but, big thanks.
http://liljerk.morpheus.net/350Z/dash_removal/

Application:
~after disassembly, clean all parts with alcohol.
~cut cloth about 1/2"~3/4" bigger than the part you are covering: it's better to leave a bigger yield...
~once the alcohol is completely dried off / cleaned, apply spray glue.....make sure you cover the whole area
~start from the center & work your way to the edges. DO NOT OVER-STRETCH.
~gently rub the fabric down to the surface. the super77 allows you to make adjustments as you apply....until it dries.

This is the tricky secion....3 pods on the top section:

just take your time, you should be fine.
Let me know if you have any questions.

Last edited by SilverSpear; 09-21-2009 at 06:09 AM.
Old 09-21-2009, 06:07 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX

And......................

A Supplier for this Material.

I am seriously thinking about the SILVER fabric for my SVX's interior. It is already painted in silver glossy... I think it would look more elegant in that Silver CF fabric.

Old 09-30-2009, 03:03 PM

looks nice.
Old 10-01-2009, 09:42 AM

Send a message via ICQ to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via AIM to ShiuludeSVX Send a message via Yahoo to ShiuludeSVX
Registered SVX

I can see how it might not go well in the Svx, but Individual taste has to be considered also. I'm ok with the way they came, but would like to get the interior done after this many years.

Overall, I like the way it looks.
June '91 Claret LSL #1733, Enkei RS-5's x 16", Original Paint, accompanied by Beautifully speckeled Front Bumper, Sony Audio Components, Small Car Shift Kit, "How to" Hood Lifts {Perfect}, "15 Minute Suspension Mod"
Motorsport Floor Mats. Perma-Cool External T. Filter, New Front Axels {1/2008}. "Classic Radiators" unit "$36 coil alternative" and Tranny rebuild at 287k 8/2012

'05 Infinity G35 Coupe.
No Mods, 33K Miles
Old 10-01-2009, 09:55 AM
Still 1.7K to go...

Registered SVX

Hmmm... well I might be wrong again, need to see it in person, but I think the glossy Carbon Fibre finish with the Grey interior will look bad.

On the other hand, the matte Carbon Fibre finish has within it a color similar to the SVX's grey. I think it **might** look nice.

Check the picture above at the level of the AC dials (350z), try to imagine this color with the grey....