Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Interior Mods

Old 07-25-2009, 12:20 PM
Subaru Silver Contributor

Registered SVX
Re: Sub setups and trunk styling

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
getting started with this today, how thick is the fiber board supposed to be??? what exactly constitutes "medium density fiber board"
Just go to your local hardware store/lumber supplier and they will have sheets of MDF. Make sure to get 3/4"
Old 07-26-2009, 08:29 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: Sub setups and trunk styling

just went to home depot yesterday got some MDF that was maybe 3/4 inch or an inch thick I believe. Also I picked up some poster board to help with designing the base and figuring out how to keep the volume of the enclosure where I want it to be.

First thing I've noticed is designing the shape isn't gonna be as easy as I thought it would be, my advice is start by making templates out of newspaper for the base of each first.

And NO they are not the same on both sides! this makes keeping the same volume a big challenge! for my kicker cvr12's, kicker recommends that for a sealed enclosure that you have 1 cubic foot for each sub. This is what I'm trying to plan, but still keep the enclosure form fitted to the corners of the trunk.

This is just an update, I'm going to start another thread tomorrow and start taking pictures and kind of do a how to, or how I did it