Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Interior Mods

Old 12-10-2012, 02:24 PM

Re: Full Time Dash Vents

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveherman View Post
I just wanted to make sure what I was getting into.
A few weeks ago I took out my front seats to steam clean the carpets... and looking up there I couldn't decipher which wire outta which hand to remove.
The original post never uses the word 'wire'. Further, 'hand' is used to describe the shape of the metal control plate attached to the air distribution box.

If you see multiple hands with wires, I have no clue what you're referring to.
Old 12-10-2012, 02:40 PM

Ok.
U didnt say "wire"
U said "cable"
Ooops my bad.
Old 12-10-2012, 06:26 PM

Registered SVX

Thankyou, CDVS. A simple DIY tweak you fully outlined in your post. Just in time for those of us in the frozen north who intend to take our 'snow-shoed spacepods' out on bright & sunny cold days.
Now that it has been explained that the actuator hand is bendable metal I'm looking forward to doing this mod this sunny week as winter settles in for the long haul.
As in any other car I have had - including the OBXT - I expect & prefer to tell the car where to direct the heat & cooling.
Here in the frozen hinterlands of southern Canada my '97 has the seat heaters which augment the coziness the floor vents provide once everything is up to speed. But it takes about 10 minutes of cold air blasting from the upper vents before the system switches to warm from the floor. So I must redirect the vents and set the blower on low until warmth is perceived by my ankles. Shut the car off for a a time (or adjust the temperature disc up a degree) and the auto system returns to its initial setting, blasting cold fresh air in your face. Even then in a warmed up car I want the option of warming myself fast when I get back in after all those quick stops at coffee shops, gas stations and malls on a bitter winter's day.
I'm fiddling far too much with the climate control buttons to fruitlessly find some sort of balance when I should be concentrating on the road ahead.
In the OBXT I rarely select the floor outlets - that's why I have warm socks, boots, long undies and pants on, unlike my face, hands & ears.
This site and its posters are to be commended for providing so much ready support and assistance to SVXers.
1994 Emerald Pearl LSi w 2006 WRX 5 spd manual.
1997 Laguna Blue LSi, 46k miles (73345 Kms). One owner 25 years, always garaged, pampered and 9/10 showroom condition. Possibly the last Canadian spec Laguna ordered #100134
Old 01-26-2013, 05:56 PM

does everything else work like it is supposed to?
Old 08-20-2013, 05:29 PM

So I took some pictures.
I think I removed the correct one.
The pictures werent as hard as a couple of you made it out to be...
And I am 260 pounds.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20130820_162704.jpg (238.5 KB, 276 views)
File Type: jpg 2013082095162734.jpg (193.9 KB, 274 views)
File Type: jpg 2013082095162755.jpg (213.5 KB, 280 views)