SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-24-2007, 09:41 PM
Siren of the Pleiades

Send a message via AIM to SUBBYRU89
The Wait is OVER!

Many moons ago, driving around my house I saw this beautiful blue beast in front of me. At the time I was in Baby (my 1st XT6). I was waiting behind him for the light to turn and I was supposed to be heading to an appt. of some sort, but the addict inside said NO! GO...follow that machine and I did, well, I tried to. He lost me after he punched the gas. For a long time I could not remember what those 3 little letters were, but I saw that it was a Subaru. I wondered..hmmmmm...what kind of awesome thing did Subaru create and why can I not remember 3 little darn letters???WHY???
I gave up on thinking I would ever know what it was. Maybe I dreamt it. BUT! A few months later low and behold there it was. That magnificent creature that captivated and tormented me...right down the street! I ran, knees popping, hips aching, not caring what physical pain I was putting myself in. I had to know! I circled it like a vulture looking at a carcass! There they were those 3 little letters. S V X plain as day. I walked back home and hopped right on the computer. Google is my friend I say. I Googled those letters and OMG! I was swarmed with this excitement and intense satisfaction, but that only lasted a short while because well, those who know...you can't own just one. I started to feel down because I knew at that moment I could not obtain the beauty. My question was...will I ever? I whined like a big baby Hocrest can attest to that. Then he got one. I was jealous oh was I jealous...then he let me drive his beast that he calls Princess. I was full of emotions that swirled around and my face hurt from the perma smile. I had to have my very own. So month after month after month I searched, but anybody who knows me knows how deep my pockets go (lucky to get lint in there), but Lady Luck took pity on my poor soul and sent a Subaru angel my way. I was in contact with a member of this board and he gave me a price...I could not refuse. I sold my Impreza and XT6 wheels and also saved up some cash. I deposited it into his acct. and headed to NJ.
She was wonderful! I fell head over heels. I felt she was made just for me, so Hocrest, Vollball, and I loaded her on the trailer and headed home to PA. She had a blown front diff and she sat near her sisters and friends for 2 long years. I visited her and talked to her and told her some day she will be a road warrior again.
Well, my friends..that day has come. She is up and running w/insurance and this week she will get registered and inspected.

I will drive her for the very first time on 9/29...my birthday.

I am just so pumped and I had to post. Some of you know exactly how I feel, others will think I'm just plum crazy, but I'm an addict. I know this. There is no fighting it...just ride the wave.

Smiles,
Melis
'89 XT6 Pearl White~JuiceBox (Project)
'92 SVX BoverP~Peej (Down for the moment) 1st Stage II trans installed by AWD,15 & 20 min mods,...
Old 09-24-2007, 10:05 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
wait...you dont have your own svx? But...but...all the meets, and ..and, joining this board in '03....

After THAT kind of wait, I dont think I could even imagine how excited you are. Best wishes with the new ride! Here's some smiley faces
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 09-24-2007, 10:14 PM

Send a message via AIM to budbaer Send a message via Yahoo to budbaer
Congratulations, it sounds like you will be floating on clouds on your birthday. That's one lucky SVX that you have, because with a story like that you will definitely appreciate and treasure it.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 09-25-2007, 01:26 AM

Me so HAPPY for me bestest friend!! Its been a long road huh?Can't wait to see Peej on Sat!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 01:31 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Man!! talking about a true SVX enthusiast... Good luck man and SUPER happy birthday in advance !!

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 09-25-2007, 03:18 AM
Jersey Girl
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via Skype™ to svxistentialist
Registered SVX
Roll on Saturday, Melis!

Nice birthday present to self. Well done.

Joe
White X2 RVR Mitsubishi 1800GDI. Vantastic

40,000 miles Jersey Girl
Old 09-25-2007, 05:07 AM
Inventor of the 5-speed swap

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX
Congrats again Melis!
I know you'll take good care of her.....and I expect to see Peej, or Shel at the Dragon next year!!
88 XT6 AWD 5-Speed "Bride of FrankenWedge"
15 Impreza Premium Sedan
15 Crosstrek XV 5-Speed
My 5-Speed "How-To" Write-up
1976 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Current Count of Subaru's Owned.... "70"
Old 09-25-2007, 07:00 AM
Siren of the Pleiades

Taking her to get totally legal today WOOHOO!!!

Huck, I'm hoping all goes well and Kimmi will drive the XT6 down. She won't drive the SVX due to she is short and can't see the front of the car. The Dragon is a ways off so I got time to figure all that out, but I would love to have both Alcyones represent.

Bobby, I'm ready for my all escain seats now Thank you LOL

I'll try to get some pics of Peej..she's so pretty <giggle> except for some spots where it looks like somebody tried to use white out to cover booboos. I need to get a pass. fender, but I contacted somebody about that already and I'm not in a huge hurry for it (just a little rust hole) I do need a grey ashtray for the back since I had 1 when I bought the car, but it seems to have relocated to the land of missing things.

Smiles,
Melis
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric View Post
wait...you dont have your own svx? But...but...all the meets, and ..and, joining this board in '03....
Just think...if I didn't go to meets I would have never met you or anybody else and you would've never had the joy of seeing what spiders do to girls HAHA (you should see her when a clown is near)
Now that I have mine on the road, at the next meet you and Mike can show me your super mad ninja light cleaning skillz!
'92 SVX BoverP~Peej (Down for the moment) 1st Stage II trans installed by AWD,15 & 20 min mods,...

Last edited by SUBBYRU89; 09-25-2007 at 07:07 AM.
Old 09-25-2007, 09:34 AM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
I am glad you will be able to drive it out to Tom's Pumpkin carve meet

Good luck and congrats....oh and happy you are a year older day too!!!!

Tom
Old 09-25-2007, 10:32 AM
J. Bond

Send a message via AIM to ~*~JenSVX~*~
Congrats!! Happy early birthday and I wish you the best of luck with the new beauty!!

www.longislandsubaruclub.com

LISC member #50
Old 09-25-2007, 10:23 PM
Siren of the Pleiades

Quote:
Originally Posted by TomsSVX View Post
I am glad you will be able to drive it out to Tom's Pumpkin carve meet
I will see what I can do. Haven't seen LIAR or D since Reading and I did tell them I would visit.

I feel like it's ganna be a crazy time (and if it's an autoX then how come I haven't heard any good smack talk from you boys??)

Oh yeah..she got her plates 9/25 in the afternoon. Just need the inspection/emissions done and all will be right with the world.
Old 09-26-2007, 05:21 AM
There's a storm coming.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SUBBYRU89 View Post
I will see what I can do.
I did tell them I would visit.

I feel like it's ganna be a crazy time (and if it's an autoX then how come I haven't heard any good smack talk from you boys??)

Smack talk...

Mellis, why don't YOU drive your new SVX and SMOKE the boys at the Pumpkin Carve!

And Happy Birthday!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 09-26-2007, 05:56 AM
Siren of the Pleiades

Before I can seriously think about it I need to find a way to get over my feeling of "dropping acid" as I head through the cones. Call me crazy or just retarded, but as soon as I think I got it the cones just seem to be scattered. I did the autoX at Carlisle import show. That is just a box w/ shacains (sp?) which was quite simple and I had a great teacher with me. I felt pretty confident,but then I tried a fun run at Park City Mall in Lancaster in the racer and I did good for the first turn, but missed the gate and thought oh crap..there's slolam, I'll do that..got through that and missed another turn so I saw the finish and headed towards it, but alas..I missed that too. Someone had to trip the clock.
2nd real course time was I think in Hershey. I did that run where you don't have limits. Well, that was great because I think after 20 rounds I finally got the course down and then low and behold it was time to stop. That day was fun. The big problem is if I get really nervous my skin burns. Not like OMG I'm burning, but it feels like I'm on fire (some nerve condition I guess<not an acid effect>)
If I remember right Cumberland has the lines drawn...if that is correct then that would probably be easier. We'll see...If Bill shows up and I do it he can have a chance to get back at me for "that picture we do not speak of" being posted constantly. How much is it anyway?
Old 09-26-2007, 06:49 AM
There's a storm coming.

No lines on the ground.
Just a sea of orange cones.
I have to admit it is harder than it looks to drive autocross.
I think its $35.00 for four or five runs.
As always its free to watch!
the first equal length headers,
the first phenolic spacers,
the first Class Glass fiberglass hood,
the first with 4, 4.44s in his driveway

Fiberglass Hood thread
My locker
4.44 Swap link
Old 09-26-2007, 07:19 PM
Maniac modifier

Registered SVX Classic SVX
Yeah melis... they can be tough... BUT a couple good walk throughs and it is easy as pie. Cumberland is a BIG FAST autox and is relatively easy to follow... Its a good time and I am sure we will have a blast... As long as everything goes according to plan I will definately have my motor done by then and ravenging the course

Tom