Live Chat!
SVX or Subaru Links
Old Lockers
Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > MOD Mania > Proven Engine Enhancements

Old 03-22-2008, 09:02 PM

Bumping this thread so it shows up within 30 days. This should be a sticky.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:32 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX
Re: lan's engine build and engine build how to

Hey Mike it's been a longasstime... lol since I have read on this thread, I'm too far behind to read it with the patience I have right now, so I just have a few questions. I noticed you no longer offer the separate parts on your site(cams, rods, low compression pistons etc) are you still selling them??

I'm looking to do a build on mine with the 7:1 ratio to use the gt4088R with the help of Big Valley Performance, can I still get the pistons at least from ya??? What all should I get and what do you recommend for clearances and how big of a bore etc.
Old 09-14-2008, 05:59 PM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input

I'm not selling the parts anymore but I am selling complete longblocks. You can't trust a machine shop to get the crank right and it takes a few thousand dollars in precision measurement tools to check it. I have a wider selection of cams now and a wider selection of pistons allowing me to build 108 different configurations to suit pretty much any applicaiton. The price is the same no matter which options you choose--$6500.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnybeas View Post
Hey Mike it's been a longasstime... lol since I have read on this thread, I'm too far behind to read it with the patience I have right now, so I just have a few questions. I noticed you no longer offer the separate parts on your site(cams, rods, low compression pistons etc) are you still selling them??

I'm looking to do a build on mine with the 7:1 ratio to use the gt4088R with the help of Big Valley Performance, can I still get the pistons at least from ya??? What all should I get and what do you recommend for clearances and how big of a bore etc.
Old 09-14-2008, 06:15 PM
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Johnybeas Send a message via MSN to Johnybeas Send a message via Yahoo to Johnybeas Send a message via Skype™ to Johnybeas
Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
My alternator wiring went bad some time ago and I replaced it.
how much did the wiring cost, I need to do this. Can you just replace the harness???
Old 09-21-2008, 07:54 PM
Banned

Registered SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by longassname View Post
I'm not selling the parts anymore but I am selling complete longblocks. You can't trust a machine shop to get the crank right and it takes a few thousand dollars in precision measurement tools to check it. I have a wider selection of cams now and a wider selection of pistons allowing me to build 108 different configurations to suit pretty much any applicaiton. The price is the same no matter which options you choose--$6500.
Gar.... that sucks cause I was gonna have big valley performance build mine for me.... I need the parts though....
Old 11-29-2010, 08:34 AM
Just some dude.

Significant Technical Input

This short block is for sale now. The specs and pictures of the build are of course in this thread: pages 1 through 4.

The high lights are:
Ballanced past 12,000 rpms
Coated ECUtune high silicon aluminum main bearings
Coated ECUtune high silicon aluminum rod bearings
Perfect oil clearances with tolerances 20x more precies than OE
Eagle H-beam rods with arp 2000 rod bolts
8.5 compression forged pistons with thermal barrier top coating and anti scuff sidewall coating, tool steel pins, and stainless rings
.0015" step deck

In short the most awesome short block you could build for forced induction, fully documented, fully proven, and broken in with about 3,000 miles and a 7800 rpm red line. $2,900