How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-29-2006, 08:06 PM

Bye Bye SVX...

Driving to work on thursday, traffic on the highway was moving unusually well, untill it came to a complete stop. I stopped fine, lady behind me didn't. Not sure if she hit her breaks at all, but it ended up involving 6 cars. My car got sandwiched between her accord, and a lincoln zephyr, and I haven't got the official word yet, but I am pretty sure it is a total loss, seeing how it didn't even drive... Pics explain the rest

Before...

After...

This pic shows the crease in the quarter that was on both sides... The rear end moved as one, and shifted down..

Pretty sure the frame is bent as well.. The tow truck drive had a hard time chaining it up, and getting both chains tight...
Old 07-29-2006, 08:17 PM
Thread Killah
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
those bastards

**** em

I really liked the color of your svx.
92 Ebony LS-L ECUtune Stage2av1, Z32 MAF, 370cc injectors, TomsSVX intake, BontragerWorks 22mm RSB #003, HID Hi and Lo beams, OT endlink and bushing mods, PWR Aluminum radiator, Harvey's QC shift kit, 2.5" flowmaster 80 exhaust, 17" Michelin Pilot Sport A/S, Poly sway bar bushings, Slotted Bradi rotors, AFBeefcake powdercoated calipers, 97 grill, and a huge set of air horns. 300,000 miles and counting
92 Ebony LS-L. ecutune stage1v4, motorsport 1pc pulley. Garage Queen - sold to Dad in upstate NY 155,000 miles
19 Subaru Ascent Premium - -Hers !.
89 DL 4x4 little red wagon - a.k.a. The immortal suby. 275k R.I.P.
Old 07-29-2006, 08:57 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
Thats why I HATE SUVs. Sue the hell out of the SUV owner, not really tho. Sorry to hear she's gone. That color does look hot.
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 07-29-2006, 11:45 PM
Team ROUND 1

Send a message via Yahoo to 1320boy
Niether the Accord or a Lincoln Zephyr are SUV's.
You must reall HATE SUV's.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gest24
Thats why I HATE SUVs. Sue the hell out of the SUV owner, not really tho. Sorry to hear she's gone. That color does look hot.
And to wasteofmoney, Im very sorry to hear and see the end result.
Im not going to call her totaled myself, but if it is....
I feel for you man
Old 07-30-2006, 12:37 AM

Send a message via AIM to SVX PlayBoy
not to hi-jack your thread but...

I was wondering, you back bumper looks like mine, there is about an inch gap between the bumper and bottom of trunk lid. How much would this cost? is it something I could fix on my own?

So sorry for your loss, i hope you and the car will be fine. Im sure that check will cover the repairs for your car, if not, you could part it out and make some pocket change
Old 07-30-2006, 01:39 AM
One teal and One yellow

Again, some ladies just can't drive on the roads.

Your color looks good. Sorry to see this happened. Apparently the damage doesn't look that bad, at least the airbag is still good......

Sometimes if you are driving your old (10yrs +) lovely car, one accident might just send her to grave. Tonight, my MX-3 was hit by a Pontiac at the parking lot driven by a guy, He just didn't stop and come out quick...I was quick enough to steer away from him but I was still hit by him to my front passenger side fender and door. When I steered away, I definitely cut down the damage more than 50%. Hopefully, my car won't be totalled...and, I don't want to. Will see what the adjuster says on next week...

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 08-01-2006, 10:51 AM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Your car looked nice!

I hate to say it but unless they can straighten out the panels, your car is totalled. I don't see an airbag deployment, was it ok?
Old 08-01-2006, 11:55 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
Your car looked nice!

I hate to say it but unless they can straighten out the panels, your car is totalled. I don't see an airbag deployment, was it ok?
He might be in luck if he knows a good body shop.... If most of it is labor and you know the guys doing the work then you may beable to get it fixed rather cheaply... I did most of the work on my car and going from what happened back in 2004 to how it is now only cost me about $1,300 for the extra engine and the labor...

If your airbags didn't go off them you may really be in luck... If your windshield is cracked then unfortunantly I would have to say that it is totaled.... My car was totaled and it was actually in decent condition

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 08-01-2006, 03:06 PM
Who watches the watchmen?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSSVX
Again, some ladies just can't drive on the roads.
Just thought this needed to be quoted.
Old 08-01-2006, 08:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earthworm
Your car looked nice!

No they didn't deploy, even though I am pretty sure they were suppose to. I am pretty cluless when it comes to cars, but I am pretty sure those white things sticking out of the bumber are the sensors that deploy the airbag.. Her insurance comp still hasn't looked at my car, OR removed it from the lot it is at, but I am pretty confident it is totaled ...
Old 08-01-2006, 11:01 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

i'm sorry to hear about your accident bro. the color on your svx was awesome. i've been wanting a pewter color like that since i saw it.

i hope they take care of you on the settlement.
Old 08-02-2006, 01:09 AM

my 240 recovered from worse!

If you have a friend who owns a shop and is a certified collision repair technician, and you REALLY want to save the car, he can give your insurance company an "adjusted" rate that will fit within teh true value of your car, so insurance won't toal it.

I did this with my 240, because I had over 10 grand in the car that haden't been appraised for, and they thought it was only worth around 5k ("upgraded wheels", to them, means another 50 bucks value... ****ing thousand dollar rim set... sure!)

Legally, It's insurance fraud. but in the end, the insurance company saves some money, so it's no skin off their nose.

my 240, right after the accident (airbags deployed. Ended up getting a racing wheel, and found a new dash/airbag for 200 bucks on the 240sxforums)
Old 08-02-2006, 04:06 AM
One teal and One yellow

Try your best to save your SVX back to the road! Keep us updated what's going on later.

Your SVX was awesome with the color and its wheels. But you should have cleaned your headlights.

Good luck.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 08-02-2006, 09:31 PM
FKA....thndrmtn92svx
Alcyone Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to MNYPNNY Send a message via Yahoo to MNYPNNY
Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by nordique14
Just thought this needed to be quoted.
What's with the ladies comment?

'92 LS-L - copper - 190K miles
'94 LS-L - pearlie - 92K miles

*still have '92 parts*
Old 08-02-2006, 10:30 PM
A mom with style ;-)

Send a message via Yahoo to momzsvx
It hurt to read this thread...I do like the color as well as your wheels. I hope this baby can be saved...good luck.

92 LS-L parts
94-LSi My baby
95-(AWD) polo green T-Boned