SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-19-2006, 03:01 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVXer95
I disagree with your pricing. You can find really nice 951's at $10k.

In fact, here is one:
http://www.proctrl.com/john951/index.htm
Wow! That's a super clean 951!!!!!

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)
Old 05-19-2006, 07:06 PM
Certified Porschephile

That one was listed on Rennlist. He needs to sell it. It started at $10k and is now $8.5k. It is VERY clean and nicely done. Lower miles and less wear, but more money to bring her back east. I think the 951 quest might be coming to a close, for now anyway. The wife pretty much shot down my last attempt to get the $7k, so asking for over $9k to get the one in Oregon and bring it east is a goner. I agreed to wait and re-evaluate the situation this time next year. So I'll be stuck P-car-less for now. The only advantage is the 968's keep coming down in price, so who knows. But the more I looked at 951's, the more I think I want the Turbo addiciton. She is paranoid with us just moving in this past February and the new mortgage is almost twice what we were paying for our old townhouse. The market soared while we were waiting. We did get the type house we wanted (4 bedroom colonial, 2.5 baths, 2 car garage, full basement, etc...) but paid more then I originally wanted to go. I'll see if I can guilt her into it next year.
Old 05-19-2006, 08:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tigershark
That one was listed on Rennlist. He needs to sell it. It started at $10k and is now $8.5k. It is VERY clean and nicely done. Lower miles and less wear, but more money to bring her back east. I think the 951 quest might be coming to a close, for now anyway. The wife pretty much shot down my last attempt to get the $7k, so asking for over $9k to get the one in Oregon and bring it east is a goner. I agreed to wait and re-evaluate the situation this time next year. So I'll be stuck P-car-less for now. The only advantage is the 968's keep coming down in price, so who knows. But the more I looked at 951's, the more I think I want the Turbo addiciton. She is paranoid with us just moving in this past February and the new mortgage is almost twice what we were paying for our old townhouse. The market soared while we were waiting. We did get the type house we wanted (4 bedroom colonial, 2.5 baths, 2 car garage, full basement, etc...) but paid more then I originally wanted to go. I'll see if I can guilt her into it next year.
Best of luck Dan! You'll get your dream Porsche!!!!

Old 05-21-2006, 09:44 AM
Certified Porschephile

Thanks Chike. They say there is always a silver lining, well Friday night I talked by phone to the owner of the 951 I have lusted after since I joined Rennlist in November. He is thinking of selling around Christmas time. This one has 313hp and 346lb/ft, AT THE REAR WHEELS! At around 2800lbs this car should FLY!!! I now have something to live for. It's a 1986 951 repainted GM Milennium Yellow. I still love yellow, beside what Randy thinks! Here is a shot of her:
Attached Images
File Type: bmp yellow 951-2.bmp (576.1 KB, 52 views)
Old 05-21-2006, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Thanks Chike. They say there is always a silver lining, well Friday night I talked by phone to the owner of the 951 I have lusted after since I joined Rennlist in November. He is thinking of selling around Christmas time. This one has 313hp and 346lb/ft, AT THE REAR WHEELS! At around 2800lbs this car should FLY!!! I now have something to live for. It's a 1986 951 repainted GM Milennium Yellow. I still love yellow, beside what Randy thinks! Here is a shot of her:
Wow! That's a serious performance machine! Not my favorite color (I love black) - but the 951 does look great in yellow!!!!

I'll keep my fingers crossed for ya!

Old 05-22-2006, 11:08 AM
Certified Porschephile

My Pathfinder is black, so I really didn't want another black vehicle. I love yellow and this car looks great in it. He said it's a new Turbo and better clutch away from 400rwhp. The electronics are all there. I'm happy at 313 at the wheels. 360hp roughly at the crank in a 2800lb car should give me 993 Turbo type performance with the better 50/50 weight distabution then the 911's 35/65.
Old 05-22-2006, 12:30 PM
Bipa

Bah.... domestic! Go for an exotic import, like a Ford Mustang!

(just kidding!!!)

I like the yellow, looks good and from the description sounds even better.
Old 05-22-2006, 01:22 PM

Quote:
My Pathfinder is black, so I really didn't want another black vehicle. I love yellow and this car looks great in it. He said it's a new Turbo and better clutch away from 400rwhp. The electronics are all there. I'm happy at 313 at the wheels. 360hp roughly at the crank in a 2800lb car should give me 993 Turbo type performance with the better 50/50 weight distabution then the 911's 35/65.
Definitely sounds like a strong car. Is the interior nice and clean?

The power-to-weight ratio will definitely be in the 993 turbo's range. That car should be a 12 second 1/4 mile beast!!!

Old 05-22-2006, 06:13 PM
Certified Porschephile

The interior is all redone. When I get some photos, I WILL be posting them. Now I'm excited. The hard part is coming up with the cash.
Old 05-22-2006, 06:17 PM

Quote:
The interior is all redone. When I get some photos, I WILL be posting them. Now I'm excited. The hard part is coming up with the cash.
Nice. What kinda coin will this yellow 951 cost?

Old 05-22-2006, 08:11 PM
Certified Porschephile

$15k is what were discussing. But everything is redone, and she is pushing around 360hp and over 400lb/ft. I asked for some pics and will put them up when I get them.
Old 05-22-2006, 08:19 PM

Quote:
$15k is what were discussing. But everything is redone, and she is pushing around 360hp and over 400lb/ft. I asked for some pics and will put them up when I get them.
Wow! When you think about it 15K is a serious bargain for that kinda power - however, as your wife doesn't want you to finance, that could make coming up with the money extremely tricky in just 7-8 months. Good luck!

Where did you say the yellow one is located? Is it closer than the black one you were previously looking at?

Old 05-23-2006, 03:06 PM
Certified Porschephile

Why, you looking to add a playmate for your Rex?

Yes, she is alot closer then Indiana. Virginia in fact, but don't get any ideas!
Old 05-23-2006, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Why, you looking to add a playmate for your Rex?

Yes, she is alot closer then Indiana. Virginia in fact, but don't get any ideas!
Nice!

Old 05-24-2006, 02:14 PM
Certified Porschephile

He sent me a pm that he will get some pics tonight if he gets home in time. As soon as I have them, I post them up here. He also sent me a list of parts needed for over 400hp at the wheels. I told him around 313 is fine with me. I'm not looking to build a track monster right now.