Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 04-12-2006, 06:27 PM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
Yes! Carfax, carfax, carfax. Carfax is your friend.
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 04-12-2006, 07:05 PM
sbrulvr4343

there is actually a subaru mechanic just 20 mins from my house and he just bought an svx a few months ago, thats where i first discovered the line of cars. i would like to test drive it yet it is far away, i guess that only meens one thing...ROAD TRIP. ill keep my fingers crossed for the price to stay where it is, however that is doubtful...
Old 04-12-2006, 08:13 PM
Missing in action

Send a message via AIM to It's Just Eric
Registered SVX
I bought mine without driving it. Got probly one of the best deals possible too. I got my 94 L (fwd) New engine with 70k on it, resealed before it was put in, new tranny with under 50k on it installed at the same time. Car itself has 160k on it. PWR aluminum radiator and an aluminum crank pully already installed.
Cosmeticly in great shape. Has one small dent in the door, and two or three small dings along the fender. Interior had one rip on the seat, and a few screw holes in the A pillar trim. The only work I had to do to it was patch the exhaust, which cracked a few months after I bought it.It now needs tires and a cv joint. OOH NOO! HUUGE LIST OF MAJOR REPAIRS NEEDED!
I've owned it since haloween. Id say I got my 1500 bucks worth.
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 04-12-2006, 09:47 PM
sbrulvr4343

yeah, it seems a little crazy to not drive it first, im not quite sure im ready to purchase one just yet. I talked with my father and i came to a conclusion that there will be more opportunites in the upcoming future to buy a SVX, so for now (unless that one on ebay stays at 2500) i think i will have to postpone my car buying adventure for a short time. And i just wanted to say that im not really "poor" i can live farely comfortably without too much hassal and my family gets by pretty easy. I just said that cuz i needed more effect for my lame ryhme. Ill definetly be coming back to the forum and probobly bothering the most of you with my questioning on what cost what and what does what. Thank you all for your help!

Oh yeah, how much would it cost to put a dual exhaust and a spioler on an SVX? just curious, im looking for this effect if indeed i get one: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2137950
Old 04-12-2006, 10:27 PM
Missing in action

Registered SVX
Speak to Danny.
Everyone else from that post on will probly ignore you
Okay, so Im exaggeating. Danny's cool.
Id have no idea on a spoiler, but a good dual exhaust setup can be had for like 500 bucks using components from Magnaflow. Dont run straight pipes, itll sound like garbage. Just a forewarning
You're gone but not forgotten. I mean, sure, I kindof don't remember some of the finer details..but I remember you were funny, and at one point you said spaghetti in Dutch....but definantly not forgotten

Old 04-13-2006, 12:21 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
Okay, so Im exaggeating. Danny's cool.
Now You're exaggerating! who told you i'm cool??? Women find me HOT most of the time

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.
Old 04-13-2006, 11:52 AM
Missing in action

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverspear
Women find me HOT most of the time
Lol, NOW who's exxagerating. Im sure the women find you nice and warm.

Old 04-13-2006, 05:18 PM
sbrulvr4343

haha well thanks guys, oh yeah and I have a question for Danny, Are there any body kits at all for the SVXs, or would I have to find someone to make it like you did? Anyone else feel free to answer to if you know what the answer is, thanks.
Old 04-13-2006, 07:57 PM

Send a message via AIM to The Korean
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrulvr4343
haha well thanks guys, oh yeah and I have a question for Danny, Are there any body kits at all for the SVXs, or would I have to find someone to make it like you did? Anyone else feel free to answer to if you know what the answer is, thanks.
Obviously that body kit is completely custom... body kit meaning... lip spoiler or like... full 4 piece complete body kit? If that's what your talking about... well there are none. A good website to check out is... well crap I can't remember, haha... I'm sure someone will post it or when I get home I'll post it.

Oh and Welcome! You should should stick around and join in on all the fun...
Old 04-13-2006, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by It's Just Eric
Dont run straight pipes, itll sound like garbage. Just a forewarning
Are you speaking from experience? I'm looking at a custom setup right now by a local shop here in Colorado... any advice?
Old 04-13-2006, 07:59 PM
Missing in action

Registered SVX
I know dayle has some stuff for sale. I dont think theres any side skirts available...All ive seen is front bumpers actually. Stevesby makes a bumper??? Something like that. I dunno, I am the bumper noob.
If your aiming to do something a little more extream like danny, you will have to make it yourself (Or pay somebody way too much to do it for you)
Alot of people opt to jsut add a bit of a lip to the stock bumper. (I forget the account name...sorry) Italy guy did this and it didnt look too bad
Actualyl I remember someone with an svx on ebay with like...and outback bumper n it. looked really weird..but if outback bumpers fit, there may be an aftermarket outback bumper thatd look good.

Old 04-13-2006, 08:01 PM

I have a picture of that outback bumper... I'll post it when I get home (if I remember)
Old 04-14-2006, 08:57 AM

SVX STORE

Here are the pictures of the SVX with a Outback Bumper

Old 04-14-2006, 09:04 AM
6MT STi-ified, now with R180!

Send a message via ICQ to Nemesis Destiny Send a message via MSN to Nemesis Destiny
wow, that actually looks pretty cool. I wonder if it just bolts up?
1992 LS-L Touring, Liquid Silver w/ Black, 110k mi. "Alice." Rebuilt title. Mods: WRX 6-CD changer, 17x8" Motegi LC-12 (16.5lbs), PWR rad, Perrin LCP, JDM v.8 6MT + R180, Koni + Ground Control (325f/280r), Earthworm Bushings. Awaiting resto.
1994 LSI The legendary "Shotgun Slade" 110k mi and still going strong!

2005 Outback XT Limited 5MT, Obsidian Black Pearl, 211k km, daily driver.
1999 Mazda MX5 base 5MT, Twilight Blue Metallic, 152k km. "Twilight Sparkle" Summer daily driver!
2007 Honda CR-V, some awful shade of light green *yawn*

1992 LS-L Touring, Ebony Mica, 176k kms. Parts car. SCRAPPED.
1992 LS-L, Dark Teal, 367k km. "Wintergreen" the winter beater.*SCRAPPED due to rust*
Old 04-15-2006, 05:23 AM
Still 1.7K to go...
Subaru Silver Contributor

Send a message via AIM to SilverSpear Send a message via MSN to SilverSpear Send a message via Skype™ to SilverSpear
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by sbrulvr4343
You should find someone to do it for you, but he'd better be skilled enough to know how to work with fiberglass. Everything should be smooth and matching (well I know my spoiler doesn't quite match, I will do something about it in the summer). And most important it should be lightweight!

I promise if I go to the states you will all have your bodykits

1994 Silver SVX in hybernation, awaiting for the monsterous awakening (Lebanon)
1967 Mercedes-Benz 250SL Euro Specs, Hard/Softtop, White/Red. Under Complete Restoration
2013 Mercedes-Benz SL350 Euro Specs, White/Red. Mint... Another step into SL Collection.