How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 02-02-2006, 07:25 PM
1st one red, 2nd one black

Question WRC coverage?

Hello everyone, so many new members it's amazing.

Wondering how I missed the Monte Carlo Rally? Knew it was happening around now but suddenly it's February and I see it happened already. Damn, missed it.

Did Speedvision (the NASCAR channel) loose the bid for coverage like the Dakar this year and last?

Just wondering, I could have missed it.

Bruce

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

The inventor of the doorbell did not own a dog.
Old 02-03-2006, 06:11 PM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
Yeah, I kind of freaked out when I didn't see the WRC listed on Speed Channel's website. So I guess they did loose it. There were rumors that OLN was going to pick it up (like they did with Dakar) but I haven't heard anymore about it. I guess we're SOL for now...

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker
Old 02-03-2006, 06:39 PM
#1 6MT In Cali

Send a message via AIM to gest24
Quote:
Originally Posted by BordeauxComet
Yeah, I kind of freaked out when I didn't see the WRC listed on Speed Channel's website. So I guess they did loose it. There were rumors that OLN was going to pick it up (like they did with Dakar) but I haven't heard anymore about it. I guess we're SOL for now...
Well I'm pissed. I was about to add Speed to my cable pakage... WTF are we supposed to do now?
1992 SVX LS-L: Now TomStock Stage 3... 6MT, R180 Rear, Tomstock Short Shifter and hard rubber mount, Group N Motor and Tranny Mount, Stage 2V6 Chip, Z32 MAF, Stage 3 CAI, Stebro, Intake Cams, 17" STi BBS Powder Coated Black, Bridgestone Potenza RE070, and Koni inserts w/Mychailo's Springs!

Sand Diego SCCA Solo 2 #308

RIP
84 VW Scirocco
02 WRX
88 XT6(regret the day I left her behind)

socaleuro.com They like the flat 6...

Check My New Homepage..
Old 02-04-2006, 11:25 AM
1st one red, 2nd one black

Red face Speedvision

These guys have changed so much in the past several years, its finally gotten too much for me to stand anymore. How many times can they re-run episodes of Dream Car Garage (not much more than glorified ads for the various products used) or that other winner, My Classic Car. It would be somewhat easy to watch without that nit-wit with the huge curly hairy thing on his upper lip.

Please don't get me going on NASCAR, the WWF (Wide Waistband Wrestling) of the auto racing world.

I'm down to Austrailian V-8 Supercars for racing, but that won't be enough, time to change cable providers.

Sorry, just venting
Bruce

"The Dildo of Karma rarely comes lubed." -- Unknown

The inventor of the doorbell did not own a dog.
Old 02-04-2006, 11:41 AM
sans SVX

Send a message via AIM to mbtoloczko
I'm working on a solution to the lack of WRC coverage. If all goes well, I should have videos of the Eurosport coverage of Rally Monte Carlo and Rally Sweden on my ftp server in a few days.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 02-04-2006, 04:01 PM
no more SVX...

Send a message via AIM to BordeauxComet Send a message via Yahoo to BordeauxComet
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbtoloczko
I'm working on a solution to the lack of WRC coverage. If all goes well, I should have videos of the Eurosport coverage of Rally Monte Carlo and Rally Sweden on my ftp server in a few days.
I'm downloading Monte Carlo coverage right now from here. They just added some Sweden coverage today, too.

'03 VW GTI 1.8T
'94 SVX LS Bordeaux Pearl (wrecked, sold..)

My Locker
Old 02-04-2006, 06:49 PM
sans SVX

Quote:
Originally Posted by BordeauxComet
I'm downloading Monte Carlo coverage right now from here. They just added some Sweden coverage today, too.
Yeah, I tried grabbing it from there, but had problems.

Visit my locker

SVX Mods: ND iridium spark plugs, Impreza RS fpr, afr tuned to 13.2:1 using a custom MAF bypass, custom exhaust, WRX 5MT w/ STi RA 1st-4th gear & stock WRX 5th gear, Exedy 13 lb flywheel & Sport Clutch, STi Group N tranny & engine mounts, urethane spacers in rear subframe, rear diff mounts, and pitch stopper, SVX Sport Strut Springs (185f/150r), custom 19 mm rear swaybar, urethane swaybar mounts, Rota Torque 17x8", 225/45-17 Proxes 4 tires, Axxis Deluxe Plus organic brake pads.
Old 02-06-2006, 10:47 AM
sans SVX

There are a few torrents out there now. I just started a torrent that contains day 1, day 2, day 3, and the review of Rally Monte Carlo. The review is basically the type of rally coverage that was shown on Speed TV last year. I also saw another torrent out there of Rally Monte Carlo. You can get my torrent from zerotracker.com.

Visit my locker

Old 02-06-2006, 12:05 PM
Meow!

Send a message via ICQ to Earthworm Send a message via AIM to Earthworm Send a message via MSN to Earthworm Send a message via Yahoo to Earthworm Send a message via Skype™ to Earthworm
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackbolt94red
... or that other winner, My Classic Car. It would be somewhat easy to watch without that nit-wit with the huge curly hairy thing on his upper lip.
You mean this guy:
Old 02-06-2006, 05:58 PM
OMGWTFBBQ!!1!11!LMAOROFLC OPTER

http://enormouslysideways.net/wrc2006.html

2006 Subaru Impreza 2.5i....5spd - My daily driver

2006 Subaru Legacy 2.5i -7k miles..Mom's daily driver

2,543 Member of the SVX World Network