SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-17-2005, 07:54 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Send a message via AIM to Ron Mummert Send a message via Yahoo to Ron Mummert
Coming soon to "for sale" thread....

This Friday I'm inspecting a one-owner '95 L AWD emerald pearl with 32,000...yes THIRTY-TWO thousand miles on the clock. I saw this car over a year ago & it was mint, in & out. I'll give you the full story after I give it an updated critique. It's for sale in the Baltimore, MD area, & Earl has already told me his cupboard is bare for this year, so stay tuned. I'll be posting details in the "wanted & for sale" thread this weekend.

Ron (no, this is not a Ripimoff Industries spoof).

'92 stock semi-pristine ebony - 160K
'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
'07 Chrysler Pacifica - 60k - future money pit.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:09 PM
Not as old as Randy

Significant Technical Input
Well shoot, I was hoping you had some empty boxes for sale.
Old 08-17-2005, 08:25 PM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
It'll be interesting to learn what its production number is...
-Bill
p.s. does this mean if you buy it that you'll get rid of the SX and start autocrossing your current SVX?

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 08-17-2005, 10:06 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

p.s. does this mean if you buy it that you'll get rid of the SX and start autocrossing your current SVX? [/QUOTE]

No, I plan to drop a small block Chevy in the SX & run Bill stock.

Ron (If you get my drift).

'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
Old 08-17-2005, 10:17 PM
One teal and One yellow

You are not going to buy it for yourself.....?

that's super low miles.

92 LS-L TEAL since Aug '01
92 LS-L YELLOW since Mar '05
Old 08-18-2005, 12:10 AM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

i maybe interested, let me know when it's available
Old 08-18-2005, 06:41 AM
Official AutoX Part Breaker
Subaru Gold Contributor

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ron Mummert
p.s. does this mean if you buy it that you'll get rid of the SX and start autocrossing your current SVX?

Ron (If you get my drift). [/QUOTE]

Ron,
Now you're talking! (might be just a bit front heavy, though... )
-Bill

Most famous NASA "Child" - OSIRIS-REx delivered samples from asteroid BENNU to Earth in Sept. 2023

Center Network Member #989

'92 Fully caged, 5 speed, waiting for its fully built EG33
'92 "Test Mule", 4:44 Auto, JDM 4:44 Rear Diff with Mech LSD, Tuned headers, Full one-off suspension
'92(?) Laguna, 6 spd and other stuff (still at OT's place)
My Locker
Old 08-18-2005, 10:45 AM
WIT

i'll be really interested in it... Baltimore isn't that far of a drive, and for that low of mileage, at the right price, it might more than be worth it.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:58 AM
1992 Subaru SvX

Send a message via AIM to SvXSubaru92
Quote:

Chevy, boooo, boo. Get a buick 350 or 455 in there, more torque! (70's engines)www.taperformance.com
Old 08-19-2005, 10:18 PM
Invisible avatar
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Talking

The sweet details on this car are now posted in "wanted or for sale".
Have at it!

Ron.

'96 Grand Caravan - 240K
'01 Miata SE - 79K
Old 08-19-2005, 10:22 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
Quote:
This Friday I'm inspecting a one-owner '95 L AWD emerald pearl with 32,000...yes THIRTY-TWO thousand miles on the clock. I saw this car over a year ago & it was mint, in & out. I'll give you the full story after I give it an updated critique. It's for sale in the Baltimore, MD area, & Earl has already told me his cupboard is bare for this year, so stay tuned. I'll be posting details in the "wanted & for sale" thread this weekend.
Well, Ron and I went out to see this car today and it was unbelievable!! I remembered this car in a chance meeting at the Subaru dealership last year. Anyway here is the description”

THE CAR
This is a 1995 Subaru SVX, “L” model. It came without heated mirrors, sunroof, factory alarm system or leather interior. It was optioned with the Active Safety Group, which added AWD and ABS (The L model that year came with FWD standard and no ABS) She also added the factory CD player.

The color is Emerald Green with the gray leather and fabric seats, gray leather armrests and dash and the matte gray dashboard. The production number was 333 out of 1801 for the 1995 model year.

THE CONDITION
This is one immaculate car (even using my standards) The paint is very shiny and all original. It has always been kept under cover and it shows. There are a couple of very small stone chips on the hood and some extremely minor ones elsewhere. The headlights and grille are pristine, without any signs of yellowing or condensation. One of the rear center caps has peeling paint and the wheels look really good as well.

The interior is flawless! There is not a mark or any signs of even the slightest wear on the seats. The matte gray dash and trim is as perfect as when it left the factory. The trunk is the same way (I don’t think she ever carried anything in there)

All controls work and all of the buttons illuminate. She added an Alpine alarm system to control locking and unlocking and alarm. The visors don’t sag and overall you can tell that this woman (the original owner) really took care of this car.

This car has less than 32,000 on the odometer (That’s about 3,000 miles a year) This was her pleasure car, not used for commuting or abused as far as I can see.

The transmission fluid was fresh and pink. She had the 30K service done at about 24,000 miles and had the front brakes replaced and the front rotors turned at that time. The battery has been replaced as well. The car still has the factory Bridgestone Potenza RE-92s, with a lot of tread left. She has all the documentation and service records for this car as well.

THE TEST DRIVE
This car drives as incredibly as it looks. The tranny shifts are smooth and sure. The 1-2 shift is barely noticeable. This is a solid, strong performer. There is no hesitation on acceleration, and it goes into Power Mode very easily. This is a very quiet car, no bearing noise, no exhaust rattle, The steering is very tight and responsive, as are the brakes.

THE PRICE
is unbelievably reasonable and the seller is willing to inspect. For the condition of this car and the mileage, this has got to be a true bargain. This car needs nothing that I can see. The buyer can relax and not have to put any money in maintenance for a long time. I would hate to see her trade this beauty in on the new Maxima she wants to get and have the dealer jack the price up to something outrageous.

I rarely put my reputation on the line for something like this. Even using my standards, it is hard to believe this is a 10 year old car. I would hate to see this one get away from somebody on the network. This one is definitely a keeper. Ron's observations follow in the next post.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 08-29-2005 at 03:51 PM.
Old 08-19-2005, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator
Alcyone Gold Contributor

Significant Technical Input Registered SVX Classic SVX
"Virtually new" - Emerald 95 L for sale.

And here are Ron's remarks, copied from a different thread. Sorry for the duplicate.

Here it is, ladies & gentlemen. - Baltimore, MD, western suburbs area.

Svxcess (John Hoffman) & I spent close to two hours going over Doris' nearly mint emerald green AWD '95 L with only 31,650 miles on her (the car, not Doris).

No dissapointments!!

The L model, as most of you may know, has the comfortable cloth seats, lacks the sunroof, power driver's seat, heated mirrors & fake dash wood. HOWEVER....

Point-by-point description:

Interior- is positively in showroom condition. 'nuff said. (Doris put paper mats on the floor before John & I took the car for a spin). Not a fingerprint on the matte gray interior parts.

Exterior - Paint is like new. 4 or 5 barely perceptable dings that we had to hunt for. Rear bumper has a quarter inch square ding that may have been created by a wayward garden tool. Almost no front end stone chip damage.
Two of the center wheel caps need re-painting. Headlight plastic looks new.

Mechanical - On a 10 mile test drive, we found no problems. Everything is tight - feels like new. The 30k dealer check-up was done at 24K. Tranny shifts perfectly, & fluid is pink & smells like roses. Wheel bearings silent. We tried out all the control features (wipers, cruise control, A/C, stereo, etc.), & everything functions 100%. Tires are the original Bridgestone Potenzas, & look to have another 15-20K of tread left. The car has an Alpine alarm. The car's been fed only premium gas, & recently passed MD emissions testing.

Doris has meticulously maintained this vehicle, has all service records, & will have it mechanically inspected if the buyer so desires.

"Why the low mileage?", I asked. The car was only used for shopping, errand running & visiting friends, not commuting.

"Why are you selling this gem?", I cried. Doris now needs a four-door vehicle to haul some "new" grandchildren around, & is picking up a new Nissan Maxima next week.

She really loves the SVX, & wants it to go to someone who cares about these cars. It's not on ebay, or locally advertised yet. I said give it a week or so on this site to see if any of you SVX droolers will give it a good home.

"Why don't you buy it yourself, Ron?", you ask. If anyone wishes to give me an interest-free loan that can be repaid "when I get around to it", I will.

This car should need NOTHING serviced for several years. You can email/PM me for any more info, or contact Doris at

darcyfine@hotmail.com.

1996 Polo Green LSi #216..138,100 miles...SOLD

JFICX8659TH100216.....Date of Manufacture: November 16, 1995.....
Fuji Heavy Industries..Ōta North Plant....Ōta City,. Gunma Prefecture, Japan

In-Service Date: January 2, 1997

"The Pristine Green Polo Machine”
First Polo Green on the Network
First Clear front turn signals, JDM Alcyone hood emblem, rear panel, and BOXER engine cover on the Network (US) (2000)
First 5000K HID factory fog lights (2007)
First SVX JDM BBS wheels on a USDM SVX (2013)

HID lighting (5000K) for headlight and H3 fog lights, PIAA SuperExtreme 120W high beams, rebuilt EG33 longblock, Cometic head gaskets, Phase II flexplate, AMR aluminum radiator with custom silicone hoses, 160A high-output alternator in aluminum-ceramic coated case, new design alternator wiring upgrade v.4, rare factory headlight protectors, refinished JDM BBS mesh aluminum wheels and custom, polished billet aluminum new hex center caps, LED grille mod, R1 Concepts high-carbon cryo slotted rotors, Akebono ceramic pads, Goodridge S/S braided brake lines, Smallcar Stage 1 shift kit, ThermalTech aluminum/ceramic-coated valve covers, Energy Suspension urethane front & rear swaybar bushings, Bontrager22 rear swaybar with QS Components Chromoly Teflon/Kevlar endlinks, "$15.00/5 minute" suspension mod. Hella Supertone horns, Custom stainless steel exhaust system with 2" headpipes, Magnaflow cats, AeroTurbine AR25 resonator /AWD "Bullet" muffler.

R.I.P. 2010 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5 CVT...338,000 miles. Totaled by a 1,300 lb. COW March 4, 2016

2014 Hyundai Avante Limited ...178,000 miles. Actually quieter and smoother than the Outback

2007 Mazda Miata MX-5 PRHT...102,000 miles.
Plenty of parts, service and windshields.

4th Registered Network member —2/21/2001

My NEW locker..I...My Email..I..Wikipedia/SVX .

Last edited by svxcess; 08-29-2005 at 03:52 PM.