How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 05-29-2005, 10:43 AM
#073 of 301

Finally picked her up and got her home

As seen here: http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25808 and here http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/showthread.php?t=25942 I bought Ricerocket's 92 pearlie from him a while ago. Well, yesterday I met up with him at a Canada/USA border in the morning and drove my new car home!

I live in Regina, SK and we met 420something miles away at an Alberta/Montana border crossing. I got yelled at by a really big guy for accidently trying to enter the US... I took the wrong exit thingy and ended up in the border crossing lane. But, after that things went smooth as silk.

Ricerocket left me a full tank of gas, a bottle of fuel additive, and an energy drink for my friend and I for the trip home. What a guy! Did I mention he threw in a set of winter tires?

It was the best 7 hours of driving that I have ever experienced. The car is in amazing shape both inside and out, which is incredible considering that it has 132k miles and is 13 years old.

I can hear what may be the rear wheel bearing humming away at low speed, and the droopy visors are there, but as I learned from all my reading, this is normal. At least the tranny didn't go! heh

Highest praise and most sincere thanks to you, Ricerocket. It's obvious that you and your wife took great care of this car and I'll be sure to do the same. Thanks to everyone on the forums for providing solid information to help with purachsing one of these beauties.

Pics:

Under the hood shot:

I have one question tho, are the headlights supposed to be the little side ones, and the brights are the big ones in the center? That's how this is set up, but my lights don't really do anything at night. I'm pretty sure it should be the other way around with the lights being the big ones and the brights being the small side ones...
Barcelona Red '93 AE #073 of 301, 168k miles.
Old 05-29-2005, 11:46 AM

Registered SVX
Looking at the front of the car in the picture on the left side the part that looks like a little black square is the headlight , they are very small, to the right is the FOG lamp and to the left is the turn sig. I don't believe there is a two lamp HI low. Now that u mention it, I don't think I ever saw it from the front with the HI beams on, I am always inside driving. Just did my in the tail gate of a Ford Explorer. the skinny tall light (second one in from the out side) first one is turn, is the low beam, the next one toward the center is the Hi.

Last edited by Conn SVX; 05-31-2005 at 03:04 PM. Reason: Checked operation of lights
Old 05-29-2005, 04:08 PM
ThetaReactor

The little side ones [behind the big glass dome lenses] are the low-beams.
Old 05-30-2005, 10:25 AM
Go Riders Go!

Send a message via MSN to Canuck
CONGRATULATIONS! You've now just doubled the SVX population in Regina! Later in June there will be a total of three. I can't wait to be driving mine and actually see another one on the street.

Unfortunatly I may actually be selling my 92. I want to channel all my $ into the 93 and it's just a case of too many cars (and home renos) and not enough $. Hopefully it will stay in Regina though.

I phoned down to Auto Gallery (the local Subaru dealer here) for some parts the other day. They said "An SVX? Where are you calling from?" They are going to wonder what the heck is going on when there are two or three around town.

Let me know when you've got plates or a permit on the car and we'll have a very, very small mini-meet.
1993 25th Anniversary Edition ~74K #291

I like mine rare.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:10 AM
#073 of 301

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canuck
Unfortunatly I may actually be selling my 92.
DOH! Aw man, that would have been soooo much easier than buying mine from Montana. Mind you, I wanted a pearlie. How much are you thinking of asking? I know a few people that love my car and might like to have one of their own.
Barcelona Red '93 AE #073 of 301, 168k miles.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:39 AM
Go Riders Go!

Send a message via MSN to Canuck
I guess it depends who I sell it to.

If I sell it to a stranger, I'll try to make $1000 over my costs. Shouldn't be too hard. It's in nice shape with a California heritage. People like that here.

If I do a quick sale to someone I know, I'll sell it at cost just to free up the parking space. I haven't added it up yet but I'm guessing after passing all the inspections etc., I'll have in the neighbourhood of CDN$7500. When I phoned Auto Gallery for parts last week someone asked me to bring it down. I guess they've had requests for SVXs in the past.

I'll hate to see her go. I'm hoping my 93 is in as good shape. In the provincial safety inspection, all I needed was inner tie-rod ends ($150/pair), not bad at all.

If you know of anybody who really likes the cars and might be interested; I'd be willing to work out some kind of deal and/or payments just to make sure it gets a good home.
1993 25th Anniversary Edition ~74K #291

I like mine rare.
Old 05-30-2005, 11:09 PM
magickfingers

[QUOTE=Dza]...we met 420something miles away ... I took the wrong exit thingy and ended up in the border crossing lane.

Maybe the confusion had to do with the distance...

Glad you got an SVX, i'm sure you'll become as addicted as the rest of us. Theres simply nothing else like it (that i know of, at least).Best of luck with it. Marc