How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 05-13-2004, 11:35 PM
Jimsbaby

street racing

im a street racer and im not afraid to admit it...opps this isnt S.R.A.(street racers anonymous) club.... but on that subject street racing is not the reason insurances is up its other things not other people...ive gotten pulled over alot and my insurance did nothing but go down over the years (had over 15points on my license at one time) so its not speeding that makes insurance go up...my insurance only goes up for accidents and the only accident i was ever in was when i cop ran me off the raod and then left the seen of the accident lucky for me he called it in (stupid pigs)...

Jim

Jims final thoughts if ur going to race make sure ur safe and have fun!
Old 05-14-2004, 12:44 AM
Unstoppable

Not directly, but if teens didn't do stupid **** like street race, the rates would be much lower. TAKE IT TO THE TRACK!

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin
Old 05-14-2004, 01:05 AM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
Quote:
Originally posted by Phast SVX
Lwin

taken from http://www.subaru-svx.net/forum/show...5&pagenumber=1
on decembed of last year.
phil

Did I ever say I raced on the road? All I said is I've raced them in the past and I beat them.

And for the record, I am not a moderator. I just give people free advice. If people choose to listen to what I say, so be it. If they don't I don't care. I'll try to correct them to a certain point and everyone has the right to say what they want as long as it's posted not to say so.
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!

Last edited by Seraph; 05-14-2004 at 01:10 AM.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:09 PM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by upnygimp
Go you. I feel bad for all you who feel they have something to prove by street racing. Thanks for making my insurance so high.
No you can thank drunk drivers and moron motorcyclists for that. Racing in a car (where there are safety systems to protect you) is one thing...racing on a motorcycle just defies explanation. Everytime I see some brainless moron weaving through traffic at 120mph on a motorcycle, I seriously actually pray that they die. We don't need people like that. At all. Because of these morons, eventually motorcyling will be outlawed completely, not to mention the number of lives that have been lost and the money that has been blown on insurance premiums inflated by motorcyle deaths.

You can rag on the moron streetracers all you want (I mean the ones who obviously don't value life at all), but there are those of us with brains that still have testicles and actually use them every now and then, and there's nothing wrong with that. I hear so many people complaining about those damn streetracers, then in the next breath complaining about the lack of "real sports cars" these days...you wonder why? We're on a site dedicated to a pretty darn sporty (and fairly quick) car...and some people talk about racing...wow that's weird.
Old 05-14-2004, 11:44 PM
Takin tools to task

Send a message via MSN to NikFu S.
Registered SVX
Well it's still open so I'll drop my experience. I've raced both an STi and an Evo 7, and let me tell you the SVX doesn't have a chance. I took on the Evo in drive, and floored it, and got waled on. I took the STi in 2nd right in the meat of the power band, and he pulled on me faster than an SRT-4, if you can imagine.
All I'm saying is the X doesn't have a chance.

edit: motorcycles will never be outlawed because they are too fuel efficient.

'92 Dark Teal SVX LS-L, >146,000m
3 pedals, 5 speeds., restoration underway.
2012 Honda Insight, slow but cute.
Old 05-15-2004, 12:07 AM
Unstoppable

No, I can thank people who take unnecessary risks with their cars. While those two are examples, street racing is also included. Motorcyclists are not the only people you should be blaming.

There's a strip of pavement just over 1/4 mile (sometimes 1/8th mile) where you can play with your sports car where your risk of hitting someone is very small, and nobody can randomly pull out in front of you. That little strip of pavement is where you should be holding your little measuring contests, not where you can hit me, my family, or my friends. Anybody with "testicles and a brain" should know that's where you race. People that do it on the streets are lacking one of those, and its not the balls.

You will never justify street racing to me, so don't waste your time. When someone close to you gets killed by someone with a ****box and a dream of being Dom Toretto, then I'd like you to pass it off as nothing wrong with that.

Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.
-George Carlin
Old 05-15-2004, 08:28 AM
tancred

I think you owe me the last 45 seconds of my life back, that was lame...

Quote:
No, I can thank people who take unnecessary risks with their cars. While those two are examples, street racing is also included. Motorcyclists are not the only people you should be blaming.

There's a strip of pavement just over 1/4 mile (sometimes 1/8th mile) where you can play with your sports car where your risk of hitting someone is very small, and nobody can randomly pull out in front of you. That little strip of pavement is where you should be holding your little measuring contests, not where you can hit me, my family, or my friends. Anybody with "testicles and a brain" should know that's where you race. People that do it on the streets are lacking one of those, and its not the balls.

You will never justify street racing to me, so don't waste your time. When someone close to you gets killed by someone with a ****box and a dream of being Dom Toretto, then I'd like you to pass it off as nothing wrong with that.
Old 05-15-2004, 11:39 AM
Rep from the outside world

Send a message via AIM to Shadow248
Quote:
Originally posted by NikFu S.
edit: motorcycles will never be outlawed because they are too fuel efficient.
I sure hope you are right.

Quote:
See those are the people I am talking about as the ones who "obviously don't value life". You will never see the ones who do value life unless you are involved in a race with them.

And who would have a dream of being a shallow, poorly portrayed character in a cheap movie about a bunch of wannabes anyway? He was the leader of the wannabes in fact...not my idea of a guy to look up to. Now I could see maybe Randall Raines (Gone in 60 Seconds), but not Dom Toretto. His sister was hot though.
Old 05-15-2004, 02:02 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:

<applause>

Please take it to a track. I don't think that's an unreasonable request.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 05-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
You know, where I live, people drive stupid all the time, everywhere. One can't pick out a particular group and say everything is their fault.
If you want to place blame, place it on careless/wreckless people in general.

-NFS, on lunch break from work xP

Old 05-15-2004, 09:12 PM
Jimsbaby

hmmm

"And who would have a dream of being a shallow, poorly portrayed character in a cheap movie about a bunch of wannabes anyway? He was the leader of the wannabes in fact...not my idea of a guy to look up to. Now I could see maybe Randall Raines (Gone in 60 Seconds), but not Dom Toretto. His sister was hot though."

Hmmm i loved that mustang...i never though i would say that i loved a mustang but u have to admit that shelby gt was the nicest mustang ever built...headlights were the best and the nos didnt hurt too

Jim
Old 05-15-2004, 09:42 PM
tancred

Shut up street racer...LOL.........
Old 05-16-2004, 03:15 AM
Takin tools to task

Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by tancred
Shut up street racer...LOL.........
E4T.
MAI.
DSUT.
LOL.

Old 05-16-2004, 03:11 PM
Ever Vigilant He Never Sleeps.

wow, look what this thread has become...looks pretty lame.

in one corner you have the MASR (Mothers Against Street Racing).

in the other you have the MFSR (Mothers For Street Racing).

in the third corner you have MWWBSR (Mothers Who Wanna Be Street Racers)

and in the last you have Landshark and Noir having a drink and laughing at all of ya's .

dunno about PA Jimsbaby, but each ticket is a violation. 3 violations = increase in insurance premium in the state of GA. if you exceed a certain number (each insurance company has their own for moving violations and accidents) they have the right to cancel your policy. they'll do it if they deem you a high risk driver.

i'm against reckless driving, not so much as street racing per say.
drunk driving is a no-no.

i don't know about you guys, but every so often when it's nice out, driving to a certain song, having a certain bounce in the soles of my shoes, i feel like punching the gas and going fast. then i get a longing to head up to the mountains and drive up and down some curvy roads with the windows down and sunroof open. do i exceed the speed limit? probably. do i have fun? most definitely. people who street race may or may not have that feeling too, but i'm not going to rag on them, just tell them to be careful and be considerate.

also i think autocross tracks and race tracks are fun. sorry, i find no pleasure in dragways . going down 1/4 or 1/8 of straight road really does not seem that entertaining. going off roading, dirt roads, gravel, spinning your car out of control, now that's fun.

whoa...did i mention snow driving?
Old 05-16-2004, 08:20 PM
Row faster...I hear banjos!!!!

LOL!
Quote:
Originally posted by Noir
and in the last you have Landshark and Noir having a drink and laughing at all of ya's .
I'll say this...street racing gives you a rush, but so does organized AutoX and Drag Racing events! A friend of mine from college died in OH last year from a 'racer' that side swiped her at over 100mph on the freeway and sent her into a median (she was just 23yrs old).

It took me a while to learn my lesson, but I think I finally have! What ever you decide to do when that person is reving their engine next to you at the stop light is yours to make - but just be sure you're adult enough to 'live' with the consequences...

-Chike

2013 Cosmic Blue 5spd Evo X GSR
2006 Galaxy Gray 6MT RX-8 (sold)
2006 Steel Gray WRX TR (sold)
1996 Brilliant Red SVX L (sold)

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: