How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Not Exactly SVX

Old 02-29-2004, 01:47 PM
After 200, it's all the same.

Talking just curious

I am just curious as to anybodies history in racing, legal or not.

wanting to know about everyones experience winning or, sob, losing(we all know this doesn't happen often).

Never lost myself. Integras and minis are fun to race against. The mini is the only one so far to give me a run for my money.

Wait, i did lose, to my mom. Didn't think she would ever try to race anyone. Never doubt anyone----------ever.
Old 02-29-2004, 03:07 PM
Green1995SVX

Any posts involving racing (illegal) are to be posted in the Off Topic section.

Mike
Old 02-29-2004, 03:54 PM
Shot king

I don't race. Their is enough insanity on the road without 2 people tryin to outdo each other. Never took the SVX to a dragstrip but I have raced my Mitsu Mirage. Looked pathetic doin it but i still had fun
Old 03-01-2004, 12:18 AM

sorry, did not know. All my racing except for the 10 foot race against my mom were done on the controlled tarmac surfaces in the form of legal racing.
Old 03-01-2004, 06:09 AM
From POST-***** to LURKER

Quote:
Originally posted by civic_slayer
sorry, did not know. All my racing except for the 10 foot race against my mom were done on the controlled tarmac surfaces in the form of legal racing.
Man, I need to move to Idaho where it's leagel to race

Just givin' ya $hit ... Na, I can't say that I've ever had any "Racing" experience... However when I was younger and Mom would let me borrow her car I would go down the dirt roads near the house as fast as I could, pretending to be a rally driver... Eventually I got really good at drifting and before I knew it I was as comfortable on gravel and dirt back roads as I was on pavement... Actually I'm nearly more comfortable on dirt roads... I love having to be on my toes and predict exactly what "the car's next move is" so I can counter it and make sure that it goes where I want it to go... That's another thing that I can't wait to get back to Australia for... There's a few amature rally events and leagues over there... I hope to get in one... Probably build a little rally car outta an old Impreza 1.8l body and throw a Version 7 STi motor in... That'll be my little race car... For every day I'm working on getting either a 1999 STi or a Landrover Td5 Discovery.... It's gonna be a blast!!!

Oh yea, and in the 2 years that I was doing the whole gravel thing, I never had a "spill"... I came close sometimes, but learned from what i did wrong and corrected myself...

** SOLD **1998 Subaru Legacy 2.5GT Wagon - MOST RELIABLE car I've ever owned
** SOLD **2006Subaru WRXSTi (Former "Boxer4Racing.com / Continential Tire" STi) - Built EJ22t block / EJ207 JDM STi "big port heads" - 9,000rpm MONEY PIT!!!
** SOLD ** 1995 "Tree-Hugger Green" SVX L AWD(5 MT) --- "Gumby" 130K miles #399 in MY95, my original love...
Old 03-01-2004, 01:23 PM
SVX26517

I did, a couple of times, because i was mad. Once was a ford ranger on a dirt road (both on seperate roads, they are beside each other) And i beat him, in the Volare Then another time was my friend who owns a little Cavalier. I did get ahead of him, until he dropped her into 3rd and whipped in front of me, almost making me hit him, and that scared the crap outta me (also in the Volare).

Last edited by SVX26517; 03-01-2004 at 01:25 PM.
Old 03-01-2004, 01:40 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
I had a total Hulk-like road rage incident a few years ago in VT when a Don Johnson-wannabe in an Olds Alero pissed me off right before we got onto the freeway. What I did was beyond reckless and thinking about it makes me mad at myself. I think I have pretty good car control, but how much of that is an illusion I don't know, so I take it easy on the road.

Don't street race.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 03-01-2004, 05:37 PM
Hater

i raced a Nissan Pulsar in my 928 for about 1 block. wasn't really a race. the Pulsar was all riced-out and this tool was revving on me for like 5 minutes at a red light, trying to impress some skank in the passenger seat. i was in a pretty bad mood, so i showed him what a German V8 with a 3" - no muffler exhaust sounds like with the pedal buried. he had his windows down, so i'm sure their ears were ringing for a while.

normally, i'm more mature.

1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
1997 SVX LSi (Ebony) SOLD!
2005 Legacy GT (Silver) [Cobb Stg 2+] SOLD!
1987 928 S4 (Black) SOLD!
2005 Forester XT Premium (Crystal Gray Metallic) SOLD!
2008 Lancer Evolution X MR (Apex Silver) [Cobb Stg 1+]
2015 Outlander Sport 2.4GT AWD (Mercury Gray)
2013 G37xS (Obsidian Black)
Old 03-02-2004, 12:35 PM

word!
Old 03-02-2004, 01:27 PM
Certified Porschephile

Until Honda builds a car that is more like the WRX or Evo they will always be associated with weanies with 137hp Civics with $5k in aftermarket mods. I have seen some nice Preludes but they need a image car. The S2000 (now a 2200) is nice, but it blows clutches like we blow trannies, if not more often. Toyota was big in the WRC not too long ago, they should have a AWD Corolla hatch or sedan to go up against Suby and Mitsu. ford is even thinking of doing a 300hp AWD focus in '05 since they killed the gutless SVT model. The new Cobalt SS from Chevy will have 170hp and est. 225+hp supercharged versions and the new Saturn ION RedLine will be around 200hp. Dodge has the SRT-4, but no AWD and looks like it's swallowing a guppy. The new Civic Si has 160 and seems overated when you look at it's 0-60 times. They could fix that with a RSX Type-R, but we'll have to wait and see. But even with all the great new cars we can finally drive in this country, don't street race it's stupid.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: