How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble

Old 08-12-2003, 10:48 AM
snakeeyes232

Talking Detroit Woodward Dream Cruise

Okay, where are we meeting up? You fellas feel like making a day of it or a drive by (Whoops! wrong term for Detroit use)
Old 08-12-2003, 11:13 AM
Yeah, I'm still around

Re: Detroit Woodward Dream Cruise

Quote:
Originally posted by snakeeyes232
or a drive by (Whoops! wrong term for Detroit use)
Nice!

Sorry, but I'm out of town this weekend and I'll miss the cruise again (2nd year in a row)

Next year!

Todd
Old 08-12-2003, 02:46 PM
Fighting with electricity

Send a message via AIM to SVX10 Send a message via Yahoo to SVX10
Any night but Thursday. If we're making a day out of it, it's gotta be saturday for me. I don't know what we'd do for a whole day though. Throw some ideas out!!
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

I don't care if Subaru says it's STI...it will always be STi to me
Old 08-12-2003, 07:23 PM
snakeeyes232

Wasn't thinking about a whole day thing just a few hours. I was thinking we'd meet somewhere and park near. If you think one SVX gets stares imagine 4, 5 or even 6. Again, the idea is to just spend a little show off time at the show. I have a party to sponsor Saturday night but everything else is wide open.
Old 08-13-2003, 12:04 PM

Decision time

Well, I'm gonna try to make a firm decision for the Michigan SVXers since we can't seem to figure this dream cruise thing out.
Let's meet the Southwest corner of Coolidge and Maple (15 Mile). Woodward is about 2 miles away. There is a Baja Fresh restaraunt there. Since I am a college student, I'm cheap, so I have coupons for free burrito bowls with the purchase of a large drink ($2.11 for an $8.10 meal). Anyway, we can meet there, eat up, then roll over to Woodward and do a loop or so. Gotta do at least 1 loop to get the attention. I want attention, anyway. I didn't buy the SVX for me . Anyway, I'll get off work at 4pm. Traffic will get nasty around 6, I think. I'm not sure though. Anyway, I was thinking meet at the Baja Fresh on the SW corner of Coolidge and Maple (15 Mile) around 5:30. Lemme know if this is a go. ALL SVXers are WELCOME, regardless. The more the merrier. I have infinite coupon access, so that's not an issue . Oh, wait, I just print them up from a website. Either way, INFINITE...BRING FRIENDS!! Hahaha!! So, I'll be there. Who else?
92 SVX LS-L - Ebony Pearl - 2002 WRX 5MT trans w/STi gearset (rebuilt & installed myself ) - BMW E46 HID retrofit - Kenwood Headunit - Phoenix Gold 75x4 RMS amp - Alpine Type R 6.5" front components - Alpine Type R 6x9 3way rear speakers - 18"x9" Rota G-Force wheels w/225/40ZR18 Toyo T1R's - Mychailo's custom springs - Urethane front & rear sway bar bushings - KC exhaust (2.5" dual magnaflow) - Escaine seat swap - Removed Spoiler

Old 08-13-2003, 02:55 PM
EverclearAtMSU

i'll be out and about. debating on driving my svx, or my friends tricked out rex since he's in cali. I'll be out there w/ a few other rexers, few ricers, and hopefully some hot chicks

....keyword HOPEFULLY
Old 08-13-2003, 03:14 PM

What Day????

What day will everyone meet?
Old 08-13-2003, 11:15 PM
snakeeyes232

Re: Decision time

Quote:
Originally posted by SVX10
Well, I'm gonna try to make a firm decision for the Michigan SVXers since we can't seem to figure this dream cruise thing out.
Let's meet the Southwest corner of Coolidge and Maple (15 Mile). Woodward is about 2 miles away. There is a Baja Fresh restaraunt there. Since I am a college student, I'm cheap, so I have coupons for free burrito bowls with the purchase of a large drink ($2.11 for an $8.10 meal). Anyway, we can meet there, eat up, then roll over to Woodward and do a loop or so. Gotta do at least 1 loop to get the attention. I want attention, anyway. I didn't buy the SVX for me . Anyway, I'll get off work at 4pm. Traffic will get nasty around 6, I think. I'm not sure though. Anyway, I was thinking meet at the Baja Fresh on the SW corner of Coolidge and Maple (15 Mile) around 5:30. Lemme know if this is a go. ALL SVXers are WELCOME, regardless. The more the merrier. I have infinite coupon access, so that's not an issue . Oh, wait, I just print them up from a website. Either way, INFINITE...BRING FRIENDS!! Hahaha!! So, I'll be there. Who else?
I'm with it. I think I can let the Hayabusa and the GSXR1000 go for the day. Actually, my biggest reason for going is.... TO SEE ATLEAST ONE OTHER SVX! I Still haven't seen one in Detroit yet!
Old 08-14-2003, 04:15 AM

Sweet! Glad to hear a few SVXi will be there. If anybody needs directions, PM me.

Old 08-14-2003, 04:16 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by EverclearAtMSU
and hopefully some hot chicks

....keyword HOPEFULLY
Hooray for hot chicks and cars

Old 08-14-2003, 12:24 PM
Sunny

Hey guys, I'll try to join you if I didn't ride my bike instead.

I can use some helps from you guys! I just purchase my second SVX (a '95), and I need to know the easiest way to fully flush AT fluid because I want to replace it with new Amsoil synthetic one (doing it myself). Also, I have rear binding problem which would probably need replacing trasfer clutch. Can you tell me which shop you use and trust here in Detroit area? Thanks.

Sunny

1995 Subaru SVX LSi (blue)
1992 Subaru SVX LSL (green)
1992 Mazda RX7 Turbo (black)
1998 Honda RVF (400 c.c. version of RC45!)
Old 08-14-2003, 12:47 PM
EverclearAtMSU

well, i'll be out there all day pretty much on sat. so if i see you guys i'll say hey

as for my hot chicks, they are all going SHOPPING!!! WTF!!!!

ME: hey, lets go to detroit this weekend, and check out some cool cars, bring some of your cheerleader friends

HER: oh, they have some good malls! can you drop us off on your way?

ME:
Old 08-14-2003, 01:10 PM

hahaha...drop them off?? You should drop them off.....a cliff!! JK. Well, it sounds as though people are kinda gonna be in and out of the area throughout the weekend. Whenever y'all are hittin up the cruise, gimme a call
810-938-2189
(My name is Mat )

I'll still be at Baja Fresh on Friday night at 5:30 though.

Old 08-15-2003, 03:18 PM

Due to the power outage, I probably won't be at the cruise as planned. I may make it Saturday night now, but maybe not. It all depends upon whether or not they get power at my apt. Right now i'm about an hour away from the cruise where there is power so that I can have AC and not cook today. Sorry if anybody goes to our meeting spot and doesn't find me. I hope y'all still have fun if you show up.

-Mat