Photo Post
How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > Technical Q & A

Old 05-16-2006, 07:14 PM

Im Dead.

er guys... my alarm went off in this case and i pulled the harness off the alarm module (i could not get it to stop beeping and the nieghbors were going nuts.....) is there a way to start the car. I took off the battery for the night... please help
Old 05-17-2006, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dmnknightomega6
er guys... my alarm went off in this case and i pulled the harness off the alarm module (i could not get it to stop beeping and the nieghbors were going nuts.....) is there a way to start the car. I took off the battery for the night... please help

I can't even get my alarm to go into program mode. I really need to just bypass the thing and get my upgrade work finished. I would deal with this later. I heard from one on-line source that the security module is behind the glovebox and from another that it is in the trunk between the speakers. From another source I heard the ignition kill relay is near the accellerator and from another, the steering column. My parts manual has no information on the security system. Sounds like a homeland security deboggle. Everything is so secure you can't find it to operate it.
Old 05-17-2006, 10:03 AM

It worked, I took the battery overnight and module. car started.

As for the location of the module; if its befor a 94 its in the glove box. A good indicator is if you have airbags, if you do then they are at the trunk.

the manual leaves alot out....

I cant get to program my alarm too........... is the ignition suppose to be off in lock position? Acc / first click? or no keys?

Rte of fire for the switch? yeesh....................
Old 05-17-2006, 12:55 PM

Excellent

Congradulations. I'll give that a try. How long did you pull the battery? Did you also pull the module?

As far as reprogramming the remote, this is what I hear. With the security system off and all the doors and trunk shut, turn the ignition to ACC then to ON 3 times, leaving the ACC on click the security system really fast repeatedly until the car honks. Then hit the remote 4 times. Twice for each remote if you have two. I have also heard that you only need to turn the key to on then to ACC once then repeat this procedure. But hey, what do I know. I can't even get the alarm to respond. Good luck and let me know how it goes. Thanks for the info too.

Take Care