How-To Documents
Message Archive
SVX Shop Search
IRC users:

Go Back   The Subaru SVX World Network > SVX Main Forums > General SVX Babble
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-21-2003, 08:10 PM

I think a new SCAM

check out this ebay link I dont think it's legit http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...category=33723
Old 04-21-2003, 08:12 PM
Casper Killer

Send a message via AIM to BLKSVX92 Send a message via Yahoo to BLKSVX92
its not jdm..actually a member has those remotes also...just how some of the "new" ones ended up

1992 SVX Build 4/91 SOLD TO gsodonis
2002 Civic Si SOLD
2005 Lancer Evolution VIII TRADED
2008 STi
Old 04-21-2003, 08:12 PM

$40 bucks for a used junky generic remote. Hell I think the picture was stolen from this site.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:17 PM

SCAM

I think the intent of the seller was to fraud, saying it's JDM. Well all the SVX $hit is made in Japan. Pity the fool that buys it.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:20 PM

$40 bucks for a used junky generic remote. Hell I think the picture was stolen from this site.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:21 PM

Send a message via ICQ to Mr. Pockets
Registered SVX
Quote:
Originally posted by alltrac
It's not 'junky' or 'generic.' It's the exact same remote with a generic face that Subaru put on it. They didn't have the orange-faced remotes for awhile, and that's the one they were sending people. I suspect that any of them work with other Subaru models, but the generic-faced ones are more acceptable to a Legacy owner than one that says 'SVX' on the front.

Actually, even the orange-faced remotes have two buttons - the second one just isn't marked on the face.

2005 RX-8 Grand Touring
2005 Outback
2002 Mercedes-Benz E320 wagon

END OF LINE
Old 04-21-2003, 08:33 PM
BillyC

Actually.

Actually guys, I put that picture up there, it's for my fiance, we are needing honeymoon money fairly bad (Wedding is in 2 weeks!)

YES, IT IS AN ACTUAL SUBARU SVX REMOTE.
Yes, all SVX stuff is made in Japan, so Yes, it is a JDM remote
Yes, $40 Is what the current bid is, and Yes, that money will help.
No, I did not intend to screw anybody, No, this is not a scam.

I do however apologize, If I need to , to anyone who may be offended. However, most people that are actual sellers on ebay know, that 9 out of 10 times it's not the product you sell, it's how you PROMOTE the product you sale.

-Billy
Old 04-21-2003, 08:37 PM
BillyC

Also..

No the picture is not stolen from this site.
It came from EVERYSHADEOFBLUE's locker.
He's the previous owner, and I have since then spoken with him and he doesnt mind.

It's the same EXACT remote that we are selling, so, I hope I have cleared up how this isnt fraud.
-Billy
Old 04-21-2003, 08:40 PM

Yeah we got this gas station here in california it sells 93 nostane you no instead if octane all the young kids buy it. JDM=5 more hp
Old 04-21-2003, 08:46 PM
BillyC

Perhaps

Actually, the post says JDM? with a question mark clearly written after the words JDM.

Quote from ebay:
"I am unsure exactly WHY this one is different, but it surely looks like something JDM!"

I never ONCE said that it WAS JDM, but I did know that it's not the common SVX remote... but I do take offense to "Generic and Junkie".

I would however, like to extend my thanks to Mr. Pockets for taking up for me on this instance. This remote is my fiance's (As so is the car) It was her favorite remote out of the 2. (We have the standard orange one as well)
We are in a tight bind as the minutes count down towards our wedding, and are having to sell off stuff we no longer need. As the SVX is now equipped with an alarm system with keyless entry, we are no longer in need of this remote.

-Billy
Old 04-21-2003, 08:47 PM

I got some fertilizer I wana sell on ebay. Billy can you script my ebay page? I want the young youth of America to think it doesn't stink. You get my point.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:51 PM

you said you borrowed the picture did you even bother to read the thread it was in? maybe you would have learned something. The intent to pump it up as JDM is clear
Old 04-21-2003, 08:51 PM
Green1995SVX

Re: Perhaps

Quote:
Originally posted by BillyC

I never ONCE said that it WAS JDM, but I did know that it's not the common SVX remote... but I do take offense to "Generic and Junkie".
I admire that. I'm not being sarcastic in any way either. You know how to do business.

PS - JDM is Japanese Domestic Market (ie anythign sold in japan). The security systems are installed by SOA in america. No JDM svx has remote keyless entry. If you note, the part number for the remote starts with SOA. This means it is an american fitted subaru part.
Old 04-21-2003, 08:54 PM
British Car Junky

Send a message via AIM to EveryShadeofBlue Send a message via Yahoo to EveryShadeofBlue
Wow, I was surprised to see a thread on this already. My buddy Mike (moderator Mike) linked me to the auction and I got upset really fast because I have had pictures stolen from me before on Ebay and used without my permission. I shot off a semi-nasty email and found it was Billy, the person who BOUGHT my car who was using the picture (small world!). I had no problem with that of course since he's such a nice guy.

Let me tell you the story of the remote. I bought it in 2001 from Couer D'alene (or however you spell it) Subaru in Idaho. They were giving discounts on all SVX parts at the time and this is what I got in the mail. It worked perfectly well and was actually nicer in my opinion because it didn't seem quite as fragile. If I remember correctly, it has a slightly different case design. It also has a nifty 80's "Tron" font.

I'm glad this whole scenario could reunite me with my old car and I have peace of mind it's still running and serving someone well. I think about it too much!

Jeff
Old 04-21-2003, 09:38 PM
I abuse them one at a time

Location: Northbrook, Illinois, USA, Earth, Solar System... you get the picture
Send a message via AIM to Seraph Send a message via Skype™ to Seraph
That is not a JDM remote and like mike said, it is fitted in the US. Yes some yellow/orange remotes come with 2 buttons. A nice way to make the thief think that your remote does not work.

L
Previous SVXes: •1994 LE Barcelona Red 107k • 1992 LS-L Pearl White 143k • 1994 LSi Bordeaux Pearl 220k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 184k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 145k • 1992 LS-L Liquid Silver 102k • 1992 LS-L Ebony Pearl 123k
Other current cars:2001 Jeep Grand Cherokee Black
If at first you don't succeed, CHEAT!